+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi guys, just dropping in very quickly while i have a private moment at work (few and far between) to say I got my NT scan results this afternoon and they're very low risk! Each of my beautiful twinnies is a 1 in 9999 chance, which is over ten times better than my age group risk which is 1:722 for 29 year olds. Also very low risk for the trisomy indicators. HOORAY!!!!! Incredibly relieved and finally announced on facebook (lol.. so funny that it seems such a big deal to announce on facebook).

Will do a more thorough posting and personals over the weekend when I actually have a moment to put some thought into it without someone looking over my shoulder!! xxoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Livvy.....congratulations on such great results & now doing the big f/bk announcement!! I hope now your at the 12 week mark the m/s is easing.

Lady.....hope C is feeling much better & no infection. That's great news also you spoke to your boss. Sounds like everything is going really well in the work front which is great.

Waiting...hope your feeling better xx

Lulusmum....sorry to hear the kids are all sick & not much sleep happening. I hope things get better soon. Yay for DH being on school holidays now though.

Shy....it's great to hear S is sleeping so much better. Z sleeps wonderfully during the day regardless of whether she sleeps well at night or not. Wandering whether I just need to start topping her up again at night with EBM?? It's just finding the time to do it!!

Liv....was great to see you & meet mini C last sat

Rach.....good to hear Marli is putting on the weight. Have they given you an approximate date yet for how long until you can take your beautiful girl home?

Kiwi....don't know about you but I'm sooooo glad it's holidays! Although I've been very lucky and haven't done the school drop off in the morning as my sister is on m/leave & as she only lives around the corner & her kids go to the same school she takes E to school (a favour I'll return once her Bub is born) its great to not have to do school pickup for 2 weeks & no hiphop or tutoring (just karate 2 nights a week) so all good!! Hope your kids enjoy the holidays also as well as yourself & S having them home

Winzy....I had the CAYHS nurse come out yesterday & I did the test for PND. The first half I passed but the 2nd part got a bad score meaning at risk also. I wasn't surprised nor was the nurse due to 4.5years TTC, IVF & then all that happened at the birth. The thing is and like I explained to the nurse the 2nd part of the test is questions about the past more so which I guess can put you at risk but I'm not too worried as that was all then & this is now. I saw the mental health m/wife the other day though & she doesn't think I'm at risk but does think I'm suffering post traumatic stress from the birth due to the flash backs I'm getting & wants me to see a phycologist for a couple of visits. As much as I hate talking about what happened in labour I know it's best to so I don't suffer long term. Especially if I do happen to have another baby oneday.

Hi to everyone else xx

AFM.....DH is taking E to see Justice Crew tonight! I would love to go but being the (.)(.) lady must stay home of course lol! I did think of expressing enough milk for DH to give her but given she's still quite young (nearly 5 weeks) & doesn't like the bottle much & DH still not confident just yet it's best he goes. Will be good for them both anyway spending time together as I will have plenty of time in the holidays. Z's weight gain is going well, she's now 4.8 kilos (4.6 at birth) peod is very happy & even said "looking much healthier, was too skinny b4" WTF?? My response...."yeah heaps skinny for a 10 pound baby" lol!!
    E has been so wonderful with her. Gets up extra early in the morning so she can spend time with her & often surprises me with changing her nappy & getting her dressed for the day.
    Z is giving us lots of smiles already & already trying to roll & has a very strong neck & strong legs. When we put her on her belly she trys to take off with her little legs, very cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all,

Country - I was thinking about you the other day, so close now!!!!!!

Livvy - Great news hun! I bet fb has been busy for you with your announcement.

Lisa - Hope C is better.

Waiting - Hope you guys are better too.

LM - Hope you guys are on the mend also. hope DH doesn't have too much "homework" to do and he can help out heaps with the little ones, over the hols.

Digby - So cute about E helping with Z. P likes to feed Sam, she likes to organise his morning and afternoon tea. Yes, I'm happy it's hols, no mad morning rush! I forgot to pick the kids up from school yesterday, completely forgot they finished an hr early. Luckily great friends rung me and stayed with the kids until I got there.

Liv - Lovely seeing you and Cooper on Thurs, he's growing so fast! I've lost 1.6kg in the last fortnight so really happy with WW, even had takeaways and a bottle of wine!

Rach - Sounds like M is going great and thank goodness she didn't have the infection.

Must go, S is feeding the dog his toast...................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Livvy - great news for your risks! You must feel relieved!

Digby - what a beautiful big sister E is! Glad you are onto the postential for PND, but TBH, it sounds like you were watching out fpr it anyway - even though insight can be hard when you are in the middle of it. Hope all goes ok, and now you have been identified as at risk, strategies can be put in place for you.

Kiwi - ooooh!! Bet the kids were NOT impressed!! Enjoy the holidays with them. Anything planned??

Country - not long to go for you now! TBH, I would not listen to the mw about how you look for size. My ob always said that you may look huge and have a small bubba, or you may look little and have a big one. It is just that everyone carries bubbas differently. I agree though, that if you are worried, get a growth scan.

Lisa - how is C?? Is he on the improve??

LM - are the twinnies and Max getting better. Hope you have avoided the lurgy.

Rach - hope all is going well with M. Have you got some extra long and luscious cuddles in yet??

Waiting - has the lurgy left your house yet???? You really need to cop a break. Hope your ears are ok

DH has taken S for the morning down to West Lakes and I will potter around the house this morning I think. We have a friend coming over tomorrow for brunch, so about to work out what we'll do for that. Have to try and get onto packing for our trip o/s in a couple of weeks, and also get the washing done. SIL is away ATM and we will be looking after the family's dog - a maltese/teacup poodle cross I think. Mini is very cute, but also very boisterous!! S still hasn't patted her yet, but is intrigued with her. I think she will be coming to stay on Monday. I've never had a dog before, so it may be a good trial run for the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG - how nice of DH to take S to West Lakes and give you a bit of a break! I must've missed about you going o/s, where are you going and when? I bet S is excited! Good luck with 'Mini'! I hope S feels confident to pat her soon.

LM - hope things are getting better.

Livvy - great news on the low risks, I hope you're able to enjoy being pregnant now, and especially after the big FB announcement!

Lisa - hope C is improving and you and DH are getting some rest also.

Digby - is Z sleeping any better at night?

Winzy - how is O going?

to everyone else, just a quickie from me.

Just wanted to ask a question, does anyone know if you tested positive to NK cells, and want to try naturally to get pregnant, do you have to go on a/b and pred? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - my understanding was you only needed to use the doxcycyline antibug once to get rid of any potential infection. After that you need to be on prednisolone. A friend has NK cells and had a mc because it was accidental and they weren't on the drugs. good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Country: OOO getting close now best wishes for a safe fast labour hun
    Digby: Howdy! I think PND is more common than I thought. Of the 5 ppl in my mums group 2 have PND. Good that you are gonna get some treatment for the PTS it must have been such a full on thing to go through and you must still have heaps of anger about it. Good to hear that things are going well with Z and she si letting you get some ZZZZs!! E sounds lovely too! Have you ventured out at night with Z in tow yet? We r not sure if we are ready for it yet as he gets a bit grizzly at night.
    Shy: I am so glad to hear that your DS is sleeping a bit more now! You must be feeling loads better What technique are you using? Best wishes for TTC #2 xo
    Livvy: WOOOT on the NT results that’s awesome! You can start to RELAX a bit now (yeah right I hear you say!) I didn’t really stop worrying until after he was placed on my chest!
    Kiwi: Hi and well done on the weight loss!
    AFM: Life with O has been rather lovely but im feeling a tad exhausted too. Im still getting up for 2 night feeds generally about 11 and 3 then 7am ish so each one takes about an hour to feed, change nappy and he generally goes straight down. He sometimes cries / grizzles from 6 till 10 / 11 the late feed. In the last settle at night I have been feeding him, then DH bathes him, then he cries / grizzles or goes down for a brief ½ - 1 hr nap (or not at all) then I feed him again at 10 – 11 ish and he stays down till 2 / 3 ish so its that witching hour that we need to fix. He often does this crazy long sleep in the arvo (like right now) from 1 – 6 pm maybe I should wake him.. he also generally only sleeps for ½ - 1 hr after his morning feeds and is most awake then. What do you guys think about waking him during that arvo sleep? Anyway im going in to watch him maybe he’ll smell the milk and wake up!!! Love to all I do read and keep up just a bit hard to get to the PC and I usually tyupoe one handed on my iphone which takes forever!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy - generally bubs will only do 1 long sleep (ie the 5 hour sleep) per day. Didn't take me long to get ds out of the long sleep in the arvo. I say wake him in the Arvos, and try to get the long sleep at night.
    Btw, not sure if you know a sleep cycle is about 45 mins for bubs, so they will sleep that, stir and if o is sleeping for 1 1/2 hours, he is already self settling into the next sleep cycle. Just interesting to know, and let's you have an idea when to wake him so he's at the right stage in the cycle to wake. Don't want a grumpy bum on your hands. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy.....last night Z slept from 12am-6am then went back to sleep from 7-9am which was great! Not expecting it tonight as she's been grumpy all afternoon & snacking all day so I think my milk supply may not be as good again so back to expressing to get the supply up I think.

Winzy...,,,most week nights I take E to Karate,Hip hop & Maths tutoring & as DH isn't home from work I have to take Z. I hate doing it as round 5pm is her grumpy time & always hungry. It's also so cold & dark & we don't get home until round 6pm. Luckily all the activities are indoors & I even have my own feeding room at karate! Lol! Well, it's the massage room but I've taken over in there Apart from that we've gone out to dinner once & Z slept through the whole thing but we tend to be home in the evenings especially so with E on school nights as where strict on her bed time etc. Funny thing is Z normally wakes from her nap round 8pm which is when E goes to bed, although now it's school holidays we let her stay up late!
    I would probably wake O from the 1-6pm feed. Z would probably sleep that long too but I usually have to wake her round 2.50pm for a quick feed & nappy change b4 school finishes. The days where home in the mornings are the best days as I can usually get her to sleep round 10am & she'll sleep until round 2pm if I let her. Works out much better than when where out in the morning & she then tends to want that long sleep in the arvo so when I can I try & stay home most mornings then venture out in the arvo's although things don't always go to plan. I'm really dreading tonight expecting it to be a long & tiring one.Have a headache just thinking about it lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. I turned 13 weeks yesterday, and just like when I turned 12 weeks I was sick as a dog! Puked a few times (think I've been turned off Milo for life after throwing up my milk and Milo lol) and had a shocker of a headache, it was just pounding! I had to push through it though as I was going shopping with a friend and I had cancelled on her twice before because of being sick so I couldn't do it again. It it hadn't been for that there's no way I would have moved off the couch. It was a pretty intense day of feeling shocking. I did buy a couple of cute little summer jumpsuits (on special, 2 for $8 - bargain! And oh so cute) and my friend bought me a couple of little suits too, so sweet. All gender neutral, totally made me see how hard it is to buy for babies when you dnt know their sexes though and made me even more sure (even though I was already 100%) that I want to find out the sexes. It was hard to get excited about buying things when there was such a small selection of really gender neutral stuff. But the couple of things I did get were sweet. No more buying clothes for me though, not for awhile, maybe even until I find out theyre boys girls or a combo. Anyway, feeling much better today thankfully and have had a few awww moments over the little jumpsuits even though I was resistant about buying anything at first.

Oh..by the way, this is going to sound like a dumb question, but I've been watching some birthing videos a friend leant me and I've noticed all the women giving birth are totally nude. Like obviously i Understand from the waist down but why does everyone seem to not cover themselves up top at all? I just find it odd and wondered if there was a reason behind it that I don't know about, lol, I'm quite a modest person and I really don't want to give birth totally nude the whole time with my boobs out!!

Winzy - lol I have to admit that I did think I'd stop worrying after the 12 wk scan and NT results but it hasnt been the case yet. Still finding things to worry about like neural tube defects etc look, honestly, there always feels like a new milestone to wait for!!!

Shy1 - it was nice to announce on fb, got lots of replies! Still feel super cautious, but at 13 wks I figured it was about time I said something I kind of enjoyed having a lovely little secret between DH and I but it's also been nice to have my friends and extended family congratulate us so profusely

Moongazer - enjoy dog sitting!! Hehe, having a dog is really lovely but can be hard work at times, particularly when theyre puppies. I'm glad we did it before having kids cos it's been so full on I think I'd have regretted getting one after kiddies were already here! our dog is 2 now and still very puppy like and crazy at times. He is great with kids though which is a good thing. It's good you'll be looking after an adult dog because if it was a puppy it would prob make you deicde to never get a dog, lol. I think dogs are great for kids I have to say.

Kiwi - lol yes got a multitude of responses to the fb post! Funnily enough lots from ppl that I don't know that well... But that's Facebook for you!!! Lol

Digby - I did think m/s was easing but then obviously yesterday it reared it's ugly head again!! Ohhh well, I still think I'm lucky not to have had it as bad as many others get it. Shame you had to miss justice crew!!