+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quickY on phone and I keep losing posts grrr

Shy thanks for the advice we have been mixing it up a bit n getting dh to settle him and trying the safe sleep space method. It works if he hasn't got a dirty nap or wind.

Digby: hi there! Hope u had fun at the catch up today and get the boob out wherever I say! After labour I feel quite blaze about a bit of nudity!

LIsa: tough call I guess it depends on the person and situation - the only thing I'd say is make sure u r going back full time
    for YOU and not just your boss or workplace. I don't think I want to go back but in a year who knows I might be ready. Good luck with
    the decision

Afm: just hosted a dinner party it was a bit crazy trying to feed and settle o as well as cook, serve and chat to visitors. Too hard basket might wait till he's a bit bigger before I go there again!
    Also did a big shop today first time in a month spent 550 dollars!!! Eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah
    Lisa: thanks for the tip on the slow cooker many moons ago we finally got a Breville sear n slow cook in tue sales love it! Did yummy shanks tonight

Afm: we r going shopping for a vacuum cleaner tomoz - any advice on a good brand model etc? night all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi just thought Id pop in and let you know Im off my deathbed.. Slowly recovering, A is doing better just really snotty. Im feeling ok just still having major problems with my ears, constantly feel like Im on a plane trying to land.... I just didnt get to go on the plane

Rach - Hope you, DH and E are well and little Marli is getting stronger

MG - How did your scan go on Fri?

LM - If we are better this week I might be a late rsvp for the catch up at your place after all

Sorry my fuzzy head cant remember anything else, hope everyone else is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh it is quite on here i hope everyone is well ?

Rach : how are you and marli doing ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    well im still here - have had a very tough couple of days with the twins, wonder week combined with them both having a cold. Dont remember ww being this bad with max but then again he was only one baby that needed holding, feeding and comforting constantly - two is much harder......Good news is that they are consistantly going to bed at 7pm with max and not getting back up till 2amish, so we are finally getting some 'us' time at night which is nice - the 8:30pm mummy bedtime rocks also. Got an invite to a 3 day wedding in october o/s no kids allowed - i really want to go as its one of my besties since way back, but not sure what to do about the no kid issue - babes will be 7 months old and i'll still be feeding....

Rach - i looked back and cant believe my post isnt here - you must think im awful. Congratulations on Marli having a name (love it) and i hope she is continuing to do well!! How is E going with the running around? I have a stack of girls prem and 0000 size clothing here, do you want it? i only kept the really lovely stuff and it would save you buying stuff that wont fit for long - let me know and i will drop it up one day xx

Ned has graduated to crawler nappies and 00 clothes today - so sad they grow up so fast - i keep packing up clothes and get sad that i will never have a tiny person again, but excited also that that part is over...

hope you are all well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, just dropping in very quickly whilst at work - will do personals in a little while when i have a private minute.. just wanted to share info about my NT scan this morning.

Firstly here are some piccis of my little twin bubbas. As Lulusmum would know, they're labelled twin a and twin b so you can tell them apart essentially . Apparently 'A' is always the one that is closest to the cervix so would come out first in a natural birth and 'B' is the one who would come out second.

http://i52.tinypic.com/24zys6q.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/311p75u.jpg

All looked good, we haven't got the results of the full combined blood test risk analysis yet (and won't until Friday) but the sonographer said the skin folds she measured to look for the risk of downs syndrome on each baby were in the low risk category (supposed to be below 3mm and she said they were both between 1.2 and 1.6 each time she measured them - they do them 3 times to be sure), she said that's exactly what you'd want them to be, so I'm trying not to stress too much before we get our results later in the week since that's a positive.

It was so amazing to see them in there. One of them was just hyper! Lol it was bouncing around and jumping and rolling and wouldn't stay still, it took ages to get that little ones measurements...lol. I had to get up, wee, cough, roll over both ways and cough again before she could come even close to getting a measurement lol. The other one was more relaxed and chilled, moved around a bit but not nearly as much! Looks like we have two very different little characters in there.

Heart rates were good (160 for little active twinnie and 155 for less active twinnie) and their growth was good, both ahead of schedule, one at 12w4d and the other at 12w3d when i'm actually 12w2d. So, so far, all things are looking positive. Fingers crossed the combined risk analysis is okay later in the week!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Livvy, that's great news! glad you got a sonographer who told you some things to rest your mind! Sounds like you have definitely got chalk and cheese in there! That's what you should nickname them lol!!!

Anyone else had trouble getting on BH lately?

Winzy, how did the meeting go this am? I had a shocker of a night with S, he's been up since 5.15 yawn..... I'd be interested to know what they said about sleep!!

Waiting, how are you and A?

LM, sorry to hear you've had a hard time with the twinnies. I can't imagine how difficult it could be at times you poor thing...I'm hearing ya bout the wedding. My sister has asked me to be maid of honour at her wedding in Jan, but no kids...WTF? S will be 1 and certainly won't be running around causing havoc. But she is letting her SIL2B from Perth bring hers I hope you can go to the 3 day wedding. I know what you mean to about the clothes, S just graduated to some 0 clothing and I can't believe how long he's getting!

Rach, how are you and Marli?

Take care everyone, I'm off to start dinner, ho hum. Thank goodness for slow cookers tho, all I have to do is the veggies!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shy1 For This Useful Post:

Livvyloo  (04-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again just a quick question do u guys know of any good restaurant s in the city for lunch that have semi private tables or booths for Breastfeeding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    winzy - i find booths really hard to feed in as there are no arm rests to support your elbow and its hard to fit bub in between you and the table as you cant push your chair out....we just went to the plaza and asked for a table to the side mainlt due to the pram, but i found it private - its dim there too...great for settling bub - ummmm, the greek is not too bad, the south park is good - not too busy so can ask for a table away from others - tbh i dont bother 'asking' if they are bf'ing friendly - if they want my patronage they just have to grin and bare it im afraid i do always look at the menu before we go somewhere new - if they have a kids menu they are probably used to screaming babies and boobs flying around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liv & Shy - M is doing well. She was moved from ICU to special care over the weekend which is excellent. They did say they moved her because they needed the space and she was the strongest but nonetheless it was still good news. She had put On 50grams today in the past 48 hours today which was good too. I'm getting in there everyday now but still not holding her as I'm not completely over my cold yet and don't want to risk anything.

LM - thanks for the offer of the clothes. The 0000 clothes would be excellent but I'll buy them from you and I'm sure she won't need them til she comes home. At the moment she's still in hospital clothes and they haven't said anything yet about me bringing in clothes for her. I'll ask them tomorrow what happens re clothing. E is doing well. She still has a pretty bad cold so she isn't getting out much especially with this weather. She talks about her 'baby sister Marli' and says she's sleeping in her bed at hospital and 'too small'. She seems happy enough about it all but I still don't know if she realizes she'll be coming home to live with us although we do keep telling her. Good to hear you survived the WW and the colds. I can't believe Ned is in 00 already.

Waiting - good to hear you're feeling better. How's a?

Livvy - the scan photos are beautiful.