+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rach.....sounds like Marli is going really well. I love the name BTW (DH actually calls Z....."Zahli-Marli" sometimes) I know of 2 babies called Marli & have always loved the name.
    I'm so sorry to hear you have a nasty cold & E also. I do hope DH doesn't catch it & yourself & E recover VERY quickly so you can get back to the nursery to be with Marli xxxx

Lady......you poor thing trying to get all ready for your m/group & to then use the wrong spray! Oops!!
    As for the toy sale I used to get so excited in past years but going to try & not go crazy this year. By christmas time this year we will be living on $750 a week only & that's got to cover everything from the mortgage & business loan to bills, grocerys etc so will be pushing it to live off of, let alone spending a heap on toys also. Luckily before I went on m/leave knowing this Christmas would be tough on DH's income only I purchased (most of the years worth of b'day & Chrissy gifts for friends & family) so don't need to get too many more although I haven't got anything yet for my girls. I will probably try to not get tempted to spend too much on Z this year as she's not going to know & will probably prefer the paper lol!! Of course E will get the usual although maybe a bit less will see how we go but won't be toys of course so I'll get hers later in the year. My mum has already gone crazy for all the grandkids, was at Kmart at 5.30am this morn ready to get in there first thing. Every year I tell her to not get mine so much as she spoils wayyyy too much but of course she still does, so I'm sure alone with everything Z gets from everyone else we will be struggling to find room to put it all. Lol!! I might just layby one of those bikes for Z that start from around 6 months or so & grow with them. Maybe?? Will see.

Waiting......that just sux you have to cancel your holiday. As for the tenant who did a runner, geez!!! You poor thing!!

Winzy......the b/feeding clinic is run through Lyell Mac hospital. You could go there but it'd be a long drive for you. I'd call Flinders first as they may offer it, otherwise try the breast feeding association. It went for five hours & in that time you have a midwife handy to talk to and answer any questions you have and watch you feed etc. They weigh your baby, let you rest between feeds,give you lunch etc. I was like you & mainly had questions about expressing & instead of getting tips with b/feeding as no issues there I got tips on bottle feeding from the nurse as I really want Z to be able to take the bottle for when I'm not with her on the odd occasion & for when I go back to work. You may find depending on who you get some middies or ladies from the b/feeding association may be against bottles but I was lucky to have a nurse that understands it's far more practical having a b/fed baby to also take the bottle. If you don't mind the travel & flinders don't offer this service I really do reccomend it.

Lulusmum....child & youth have just been in contact with me & there coming out next thurs (only day they were able to come out that didn't clash with the 2 appts I have for Z next week) so not sure if I'll be able to make it next week now? Depends on what time we are all meeting at yours, wasn't sure?

AFM........E's school had the official opening of there school gym this morning, & Z was a very good girl. It was the first time I ever fed Z in public but there was no where I could of gone. I was so discreet though no one would have even known, definatly no boob flopping out lol! I'm not one to feed in public, even when done so discreet that it just looks like your cuddling your Baby with a wrap over you but what else do you do when this happens?? What are others views on this, I'd love to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Livvy, Where are you having your NT scan done? We had ours done at Ashford, and the Dr comes and sees you straight afterwards with results which is very reassuring. Technically the sonographer can't tell you anything, but most of them will try and reassure you. Just be mindful you may get a stickler for the rules who won't say anything! This doesn't mean anything bad so don't read into it if it happens! They will tell you what they are looking at, etc. good luck for Monday, enjoy it, it is AMAZING! Is DH coming with you? You will get photos too, and depending where you go, a DVD.

Waiting, That sux big time on both counts. Did travel insurance reimburse you or do they re-book? Bugger about the tribunal. We have a rental and it always worries me something like this will happen. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Winzy, if you call 4C at FMC they will book you in with the lactation consultant, she is lovely and very helpful. I'm not sure if they have a clinic but she will tell you. Re the settling, every bubba is different...are you wrapping? I would suggest persisting with DH wrapping and settling, because otherwise you end up like me, the only one who can settle bubs! We got castors on the bottom of our cot so we can rock which is what they teach at Torrens House. Works a treat. Right now I'm weaning S from the rocking and just shushing and patting his chest while he's in his cot. Try and get out of habit of settling him in your arms from an early stage, as they become dependent on it and can you imagine how hard it will be when he's 10-12kg!! Did you check out the parents rooms at Colonnades?

Digby, I was like you at first, but now I just feed if he needs it! I hang a muslin over my shoulder for discretion, but I'm not worried about it at all. Main thing I have a problem with now is keeping his attention on feeding, he is soooo nosey!

S had a good night last night....took 50 mins to settle, as I think he's teething, then woke at 11.30 so had only been sleeping 2.5 hours, then I fed him, and he slept til 7am! I couldn't believe it....so....he can do it! Desperately praying for a repeat tonight!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy.......way to go S!!!! Fingercrossed this continues & mummy can catchup on all her lost sleep over the past 6 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    digby - usually 9:30/10 is when we do the morning tea- fits in with the toddlers snack time and arvo naps that way. all mine are on anti -b's atm so i may end up cancelling depending on what happens between now and then, although im sure in a weel we'll be fine - as for feeding, i just do it when they need it - i used a wrap when they were small and took a while to attach, now they know what to do and stay on well i dont use anything - any of the girls who has been over will vouch for my one or both of my boobs being permanently on display....i did go to a parents room the other day though, only as we were at a cafe where the tables were super close together and there was a scruffy looking man at the next table....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Waiting.....how are you guys today? did you get to the drs? sorry to hear about the tenants! man there are some scum out there!! If you have to go into the tribunal in town let me know and i'll have a coffee with you after!! how did you get on with the travel insurance?

Rach.....sorry to hear that E is sick too! so not fair! did you manage to make it to see M at all today? best you all rest and recover and not spread the germs but you need to do the best thing for M. that's great about her improvement but dont worry about the step backwards! hopefully there will be another positive tomorrow for you!! . Always thinking of you all! Glad i could give you a little laugh with my oven cleaner! such a ditz i am sometimes!

Livvy.....Are you on KW road close to North Terrace or close to North Adelaide? I'm on Flinders near Vic square. goodluck with your NT scan!! how precious!! We had to wait a few days for our results but the sonographer made us feel good anyway so we felt quite positive from the scan. but then there's over-analysing me and i freaked myself out with everything as i do so of course i stressed the whole time before the OB appt to get the results and all was fine as usual! dont worry, i stress over everything. (you will see below when i do my 'AFM').

Shy......well done on the great sleep from S!! hope it continues!

Sorry...running out of time for more....but....AFM...I think i've decided to go back to work full time instead of 9 day fortnight. has been a very hard decision to make and one that has had me in tears all night and holding back the tears all avo and tearing up now while writing this. I guess i'm just feeling like it might be a burden to have the 1 day off a fortnight. I just feel guilty in the end and even more guilty if it's a busy time. Makes me think that maybe i'm not doing a good enough job and I dont want my boss resenting me if times are tough and i'm not there. I know i shouldn't feel like this but i like my job and my workplace and i want to feel happy instead of stressed. I also feel like maybe she ended up liking me replacement better than me - even tho my replacement (bec) is now in another role on our floor anyway so we still get to keep her. I just feel like i'm not doing a good enough job anymore and i dont want the worry of guilt and stress over whether my boss likes me having a day off or not. she's not one to get upset over it, she's very accommodating but it still makes me worry. and then i think about needing days off when charlie is sick so i just dont want to have too many days off. I just feel so confused and so upset but i think i've made the decision i need to. am starting to really miss my boy but now i'm also giving up that day i set aside for him. Anyway, lots of tears tonight. Have texted my boss and told her i need to "chat" to her. Shes' one of the best bosses anyone could want which is why i just want to make it the best for both of us. I guess it helps me to know that i'm not the only one going back to full time work. oh gosh, i could keep going but i think this essay is enough. Oh but then there's me feeling guilty that i feel like i'm putting work before my family which most people put family before work. Am i doing the right thing? some will think yes and some will think no. man there are so many pros and cons to both and there are so many ways of looking at this but.....i dont know......i guess we'll see what happens after i speak to my boss.....thanks for letting me spit this out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy1 - we are having our NT scan at bensons which is where the midwife at my doctors clinic booked us in. I'm not sure why there, she's booked us in for my morph scan at ashford. I wish I was going there for it now since a dr comes straight away! I'd love that reassurance. As it is, she said they will do the scan and then the results will get combined with those from the 10 wk blood test and the probability statistics will be figured out. The scan is Monday and I can apparently call for the results on Friday. Lol it's gonna be a long wk!!!! I hope I get a sonographer that is willing to tell me something!! DH is def coming along on Monday, we're both looking forward to getting a better glimpse of our bubbas.

Ladyschnitz - lol well it sounds like we have a lot in common because I'm also a stress head. I'm inordinately worried about this NT scan business and what the results might be. I really hope that firstly, everything IS okay, but also that I get a sonographer who is a bit forthcoming so I don't have to spend the whole wk totally freaking out ahead of the results!!! Oh, I'm just near north tce by the way, in the origin building, on the cnr of north tce and kw

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa : I think that would have been on of the hardest decisions to make only you will know what is best for you and your family, as for your boss liking your replacement more than you I think you are worrying about nothing as per normal Lol.

I think the work v sahm is a very personal decision and we all do what works for us on an emotional level, financial and happiness level if you have a job that you are happy in it makes it so much easier you will know what the right thing is like I know I need to be a SAHM as I did not have my mum at home when I was young and it is important to me and DH (his mum was home when he got home from school and he would like our children to have that) I also do all the bookwork for our business which I do at night.

Kiwi: I hope your MRI went well today

Rach : Great to hear that M has had some improvement dont stress too much about the backwards step as it is all normal my friend who had bubs at the same gestation said they moved forwards and backwards when he was young and he had a heart condition and had to have a pacemaker so I guess I am trying to say it is all normal everyday she is in their she is closer to coming home so I hope that is sooner than latter

I will pop on tomorrow and read up on what is happening really tired and need some zzzzzzz

sweetdreams everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa - sounds like a tough decision and perhaps the best solution is the one that's going to stress you out the least. I guess the one thing charlie doesn't need is a stressed mummy. He will be fine if you're working full-time. Loads of parents both work full-time these days and the little bubs love going to child care. But have a good chat with your boss. It's sounds like she's pretty understanding and perhaps she's more than happy for you to just do the nine days. GOod luck - not easy I know.

Shy - yay for S having a great sleep. I think you asked me which hospital Marli is in? She's at FMC.

Waiting - Total bummer! You must be feeling pretty ripped off. Hope you're both better soon. This winter is horrible for colds & infections.

Livvy - if you're a worrier then (like me) you'll probably find some tone of voice, pause in conversation, sigh, look of confusion from the sonographer that will stress you out. My advice and from my experience is to totally ignore all of this. I questioned everything after my scans and DH would get so frustrated. I tried to read into every little sound/expression the sonographer made but it was all pointless. So just ignore anything like that. Some monographers will say more than others but I think they're really not supposed to say much at all. Good luck - it will be a long week

LM - hope you guys are all feeling better soon.

Well I went inti the hospital today and saw my beautiful little girl. I only stayed about 10minutes as I still have a cold but I was feeling ok at the time. I scrubbed up and then didn't touch anything while there. She looked sooo cute and she's doing well. They've turned the phototherapy light off again which is excellent and she's taking her breastmilk well. It felt so good to see her. I can't wait til I'm over this bl00di cold so I can just hold her tight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RachInSyd View Post

Livvy - if you're a worrier then (like me) you'll probably find some tone of voice, pause in conversation, sigh, look of confusion from the sonographer that will stress you out. My advice and from my experience is to totally ignore all of this. I questioned everything after my scans and DH would get so frustrated. I tried to read into every little sound/expression the sonographer made but it was all pointless. So just ignore anything like that. Some monographers will say more than others but I think they're really not supposed to say much at all. Good luck - it will be a long week
    Oh that's just soooo me, I will analyse every expression, lack of expression, 'hmm', 'ahhh', 'ummm', every hesitation or remeasurement. I'm REALLY going to have to try hard not to do that because I will drive myself absolutely insane. It's just in my nature though, I think through IVF i trained myself for disappointment and I became conditioned for bad news, so now I struggle to expect anything but. The other day I questioned my OB so much about if everything looked okay on my ultrasound that my DH told me off a bit afterwards because after all, my OB has 33 years experience. Lol. My OB however understood and said that once we build up a rapport in the next few weeks/months, I'll learn to trust him. I'm so nervous about the NT scan, I just hope I don't have too deadpan a sonographer and I get SOME reassurance that it looks okay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Livvy, I think it is the IVF that MAKES us so stressed! I reckon I called my Ob about 3 times to go in for an extra u/s because I was stressed. I am like you, Rach, Lady and all the other stress heads. I still stress about everything now. I watched our sonographer so much trying to read something into everything. unfortunately the main thing I remember from being pregnant is stressing, so pleeeeeeese try and enjoy it! I regret stressing so much but it's my 'make up'!! Can you ring your clinic and ask to change to Ashford? Ashford is part of Bensons as well, so you should be able to get your NT scan there, you may have to wait an extra day or two, but if getting the results the same day is important to you (as it was to me) it will be worth the wait.