+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    digby - what are mother carer days???? sounds good whatever they are - hope you are getting some rest

rach - ditto what mg said, i will be coming out your way next wed to visit some friends, if you need me to drop off food/groceries etc let me know - i'd be more than happy to xx

i agree -great day for a walk and chat - babes are out to it so fresh air does them so much good, im even taking them out later for another walk locally - need to make the most of the sun while it lasts

kiwi - hope everything is ok x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting....the b/feeding clinic is through Lyell Mac hospital & the good news is anyone can go for the first 9 weeks you don't need to of have had your Bub there. (just more paper work apparently) I asked especially for you & anyone else in the future who would like to give it a go. You even get lunch & plenty of rest between feeds.

So......all went well at clinic, Zahli is putting on weight so fingerscrosed it continues dont need to top up after each feed so can back off the expressing a bit
    Middies very happy with the b/feeding, no dramas at all. Now it's just a bit of (training) on the bottle so I can give her express when I'm away from her for a feed & also being proactive for when I go back to work but no hurry will be a while. The nurse said even if I just try her on a bot every second day or so.

Lulusmum....mother carer is a service run through Lyell Mac (only hospital to run this service apparently) your entitiled to up to 6 visits (I opted to stop after today's the 3rd as it's not really for me) a carer comes to your house, helps with baby,any other children, any light duties around your house needed & drives you & bubs to any appts. As today's appt was at 9.30am & last week I had one at 9.20am it really helped with her tending to Z so I could get ready myself. Apart from that she made my bed once & did a small basket of ironing as house was clean. The lady was lovely but like I said not really my thing but I'm sure if I had a toddler also I would say different!

Gotta go feeding Z & she's getting wrestles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooley dooley Digby - if you don't want that woman send her my way - I have lots of light duty things to do!!! ;-) perhaps you could ask if she likes weeding too - ha!
    Glad about the weight gain - go Z!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!!

Bugger i missed the walk this morning but glad you guys had fun!

Rach....big hugs to you! geez i can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling. so many emotions! nice to be home in your own bed but definetely doesnt compare to being at home with both your beautiful girls! Hope you aren' having too much trouble working on a name. She sounds like a real fighter and hopefully she'll be home with you in no time. Big hugs to you!

Kiwi.....(i think it was you who said i must be super organised being back at work??)......i dont think i could be doing it without david!! 3 nights last week i got home late and after charlie had gone to bed! the same with tonight! it's only cos it's just a busy time at work (until COB tomorrow). We just make sure the house is all clean before we go to bed so we can start fresh the next day. i'm missing my boy terribly and feel sad alot that i think he's having more fun at CC than he was at home with me! but then i know they're such a good centre with great staff and great educational programs so i have such great confidence he is being well looked after and well educated! I do have days where i sometimes feel like i made a bad decision to return to work but then i know i had no choice financially anyway so i just gotta deal with it. Hope everything is ok with you!

Digby.....glad to hear all went well today!! i definetely suggest to persist with the bottle at least once a day or once every 2 days cos it will be good for her to be able to take it in times of need. i've seen a few girls who've had such trouble trying to get their bubs to have bottles after the only thing the bub has known is boob! totally up to you tho but i reckon it's a great idea to have bubs used to bottles early on. The mother carer sounds like a great idea! my friend had one booked after having bub at Lyell mac but they didn't have enough nurses to cover all the bookings so she never got one which she was a bit disappointed about. how's little Zs arm??

Livvy.....try not to feel to conscious about your belly mate. unfortunately you cant stop the comments but as long as you know that your belly is full of baby only then that's all that matters! it's harder to hide if it you're a small frame. just ignore everyone and their comments. I think i wanted to people to tell me i had a big belly but instead everyone told me how small my belly was and that made me feel self conscious and worried about my baby. i wanted to think a big belly made me feel like all was good with my baby! haha! even at the end one girl said that i didn't even look pregnant! umm...gee thanks for that! lol. Then i had a lady tell me that she was my size at 8 months and lost the baby! ummm.....geez thanks for that too! Anyway mate, i work in town too and am more than happy to catch up with you over lunch if you want?? always got lots of chit chatting to do!

Waiting....how are you and lexi? is she all better now?? what's the latest with you and moving to S/E???

LM....sorry to hear all the kidlets are sick!! hope they're all better soon!

Liv...how are you and C? those teething symptoms produced any whitegoods yet?

Hi to the rest of you....sorry....running out of time for more personals....

Hope you're all well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting - I am a complete mess! But actually have had a good evening emotionally wise and am feeling more positive right now

Digby - sounds like Z is doing well. Great news.

MG & LM - thanks. We're just taking one day at a time with the organisation of things at the moment. Mum & dad are helping out a lot with E and DH is working mainly from home and just fitting in work where we can. Surviving for now but I'll call out if I need a hand. Thanks. Bubs has quite a few drips and things coming out of her. When the nurses move her around there seems to b cables everywhere. They took the little prongs (that were assisting her with breathing) out of her nose today so she doesn't lOok so dependent on machines which is excellent. There's also a feeding tube going into her mouth and I think the rest of the cables are just monitoring her. It's all so new and foreign to me but I'm learning quickly. The nurses are great and explain it all to us when we go in. They turned off the phototherapy light yesterday too so shes looking better under normal light too. They're upping her EBM by 1ml every eight hours and I think they're up to about 6mls hourly now.

I woke up with a cold this morning so I couldn't go in today. I was so angry but spreading germs around is probably the most dangerous thing I could do. I think maybe it's just because I'm tired and run-down so E is going to mums tomorrow morning, DH is going into the office and I'm just going to sleep. I'm hoping that'll do it so I can make it In to see her in the afternoon. DH went in twice today though so at least we had some contact with her and he took plenty of photos too.

We gave our princess a name today too!

Maliska - and we'll shorten it to Marli.

The names we had just weren't working and we went back to the list we had with E and found this one down as an option for a second name. We had completely forgotten about it but I think Marli works! It's actually DH's great-grandmothers maiden name. Not sure if it'll be spelt Marli or Mali yet.

It's so good to be able to call her something now.
    Last edited by RachInSyd; 29-06-2011 at 01:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG - Nothing been mentioned about a time frame yet. I think it's too early to tell. I hear it's often until they're full-term but can be linger and can be shorter. I'm just presuming it'll depend on her progress. They did say she might be ready to try BFing around 34-35 weeks though which is not that far off really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rach - my heart sank when I heard you had a cold. Hope you recover quickly and you get to see Marli again later today.
    You are such a trooper and so strong.
    Love her name - really pretty. )

Got to go. Boy awake and we have a busy day today.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach : honey I hope your cold gets better soon it would just be heartbreaking not to be able to go into to see Marli it brought tears to my eyes, she sounds like a real fighter the nurses that work into area are fantastic and I know that marli is in good hands.

Remember to take care of your self honey all of this would be taking a toll on you remember sleep eat well and stay positive and get lots of cuddles I hope you are able to breast feed asap she sould be 34 weeks this week ?

Lisa: No teeth yet at all poor little guy I am sure they will come through when they are ready.
    are you back working full time ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Rach that sucks about having a cold. But like you said its the last thing little M needs now so best to stay away, god Id be heartbroken you are so strong I feel all teary just thinking about it!!! I was born at 30 weeks and mum was unable to see me for a while due to being unwell, then I got pneumonia and they didnt think Id pull through but here I am today so Ill send some of my fighting spirit to your little M (not that is sounds like she needs it though she's a little trooper!). Mum said it was the hardest thing not being able to hold me and visit me. Hope you can get back in there soon. I love her name, so beautiful!!! There was a little girl Éliska in Lexi's swimming class, I always thought the 'ska' on the end of her name just sounded beautiful, Maliska is a gorgeous name!!!

Lisa - man that sucks getting home so late, hope things get easier at work for you soon! No further news on S/E yet, will be going down for a couple days in the next few weeks to organise stuff for prac, just waiting for a call back from the school to confirm.

Well would you bloody believe it but A is sick again and Ive caught what she has got. Sore throat and boogy-central here Just in time for flying on fri and my ears are MEGA blocked not looking forward to that at all!! MIght be off to a docs check up fo the both of us tomorrow before flying methinks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach, love the name! Gorgeous! Sorry to hear you have a cold, what bad luck Hope all the staff are looking after you, can't remember if I asked are you at FMC or WCH? Take care and i hope you can see your princess again soon.

Waiting, bugger, I hope you both get better soon.

Digby, I'm one of those girls whose bubs WILL NOT take a bottle, and if there is one thing I would change, it would be to persist with one bottle a day so little master pain in the bum would give me a break!

Girls, I must admit I am disappointed with the smart trikes target have in their sale All the 3 in 1's are in girls colours, and the 4 in 1 is in green, but it's $179 on sale, and starts at 6m, but I'm not wanting it yet, so it would be a waste of $$. I have read some reviews and there are mixed opinions on the target/big w and toys r us ones, so I am so confused! Anyway, am going to do an online layby of other stuff to get underway!