+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Rach.....I know what you mean. It is heartbreaking seeing your baby hooked up to different monitors etc with cords everywhere. Are you able to cuddle her yet. I hated not being able to cuddle Z at first until she had the drip removed from her b/button & then put in her arm. It's so amazing also what they can do for prem babies these days. Your princess is in good hands & will be fine, as you know xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Rach - I have been thinking of you lots and hoping you are doing ok. Glad to hear #2 is doing well, but it's still so hard seeing them so helpless. Big hugs to you. This must be so hard for you. Hope M and Emi are doing ok too, and that they are able to visit often and keep you company and bring smiles to your day. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach : hugs honey you have been through so much it sounds like you have a strong little girl their it is good to hear that she is doing well and that you are starting to feel better xoxox

MG : thanks hun you hit it right on the head and could not said it any better we have decided not to tall my family as they think we are insane wanting another one this comes from my parents my dad has 7 kids in total from his first marriage and us my mum just is they cost so much money my point is when cooper smiles at me or laughs with me he lights up my life and I dont want him to be alone I grew up as a only child and it is very lonely but i also know their is a risk it wont work so I get emotional at times.

guys as for the walk I could not get their untill 9.30 woud you all mind waitting for me ??? otherwise I will Leave it ?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mind waiting Liv, 9.30 is fine.

Rach - I can only imagine how heart breaking it is, but it sounds like she's one tough cookie. there are no bumps in the road to her recovery. 3 day blues are rotten!!!! Glad to hear you are doing well otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy1 - yeah it's funny i never ever thought i would be sensitive about "expanding" as I'm so incredibly proud to be preg (it's proving to be difficult at work however, trying to continue hiding it when my clothes are all straining to fit and pants won't do up lol thank goodness for the bellybelt!!). I dunno I think if it werent for the fact that people are making the suggestion that I'm showing "early" then I wouldn't be preturbed about it, I think it's just that it feels like people are saying wow you're getting fat too fast. lol. Glad to hear last night was better for you guys, amazing what a few extra hours sleep can do for our outlook on things

Lulusmum - oh that must have been so exciting and fun doing all that shopping in the myer sales I've vowed I'll get into rundle mall this week (i work in town so youd think it wouldnt be that hard) and take a look around to see what i can find!

waiting - lol I just wanted to say to my MIL, are you kidding, i've got twins baking in here? Of course Ill be getting a little belly by now! But then my DH just said how flat my tummy is naturally and I piped in that Im not very "deep" between my back and front so there's not really anywhere for it all to go! It's stupid though because I shouldnt have to explain myself. I just hope I dont get a running commentary of my expansion the entire pregnancy from everyone who sees me! So far it feels a bit like tha (with the people who know that is).

kiwi - ohhh so true, the personal comments are already getting to me! I don't want people constantly commenting on how much I'm showing or otherwise, it's annoying. I feel like saying "what did you think was going to happen??" i feel like I could find myself getting very snappy in actual fact but I'm trying not to for now! I just hate the feeling of being judged.

rach - oh you poor love you must be so tired and exhausted. It's really great that the little one is doing well though and hasn't had any significant hurdles. It must be so hard seeing her struggling and suffering, I can only imagine how heartbreaking that would be. Hang in there!

AFM - doing okay, constant killer headache and totally starving but other than that alright. Can't believe it's monday again, really dont want to be at work righ tnow, want to be resting!! Ive got an appt with my OB on wed so hopefully will get to check on the little babies and see how theyre going in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lulusmum....would it be ok if Zahli & I come around next Thursday also?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liv - 9.30 is fine not 100% sure if I will make it (A is coming down with a cold again) usually she is at daycare so if she is still ok to go I will be there.

Kiwi - thanks for the walk this morning (I just undid all my hard work eating a slice of cake d'oh!!) A is pooped!!

Lisa - hope work is going well, geez the 5 weeks full time at my prac were chaotic enough I take my hat off to you going back to work full time!!! I know what you mean though, being home full time just isnt for or doesnt work out for some of us. I love being at home but definitely go a bit stir-crazy, I need the professional part back to my life for a little while before #2 rocks up. You can teach me some lessons in organization ready for next year

Rach - been thinking of you and your little family, good to hear you and baby girl are doing well, she sounds like a fighter!!

AFM - Well would you bloody believe it but Lexi is coming down sick AGAIN. FFS we cant win!!!!!!!!!!! After not sleeping yesterday she woke every 2 hours last night. Dosed her up with panadol and vicks balsam but still really unsettled, today she is really snuffly and a runny nose Just gonna keep up the antibiotics, panadol and demazin and hope we are past the worst on Fri morning for out flight out - dear god please let it be teething!!!! (the backs of her eye teeth arent through yet, hoping thats whats happening.....)

Im knackered from last night, gonna try take a nap while shes out to it......

Thanks
    Reviews
    well all mine are sick now too - didnt even think that swapping boobs at each feed for the twins would lead to Ned getting whatever annabelle has - stupid mummy - i was so careful in all other aspects of their care so they wouldnt cross contaminate - no sharing wraos, bath towels, fresh water for each bath ( i usually just top up the hot water for the second bub) - man i feel like the worlds biggest idiot. max is snuffly too but hey - 3 weeks in to daycare im surprised he lasted this long...Im still coming tmrw though, i'll rug up the babes - mummy really needs to get out of the house!!!!

Digby - of course you and Zahli are most welcome, would love to see Zahli and Ned next to each other - i think they are about the same size!!

Waiting - does lexi take a multivitamin? I started max on blackmores immunity defence which is developed for kids attending daycare -yes he is snuffly today but im sure its the multis that have staved it off for so long

Livvy - tell them to stick it - everyone will have an opinion on how big/small you are, yoru right - what did they expect to happen!!! Yep myer is awesoem for kids clothes - ive decided im only shopping there from now on for the kidlets - i do find it not so good for unisex stuff though so hopefully the city store has some stuff for you twinnies - i went to TTP..

well after last night with 3 sick kids im knackered, boys both in bed now and annabelle in the swing (lifesaver waiting!!) so im off to catch some zzzzzzzzz's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LulusMum View Post
    Waiting - does lexi take a multivitamin? I started max on blackmores immunity defence which is developed for kids attending daycare -yes he is snuffly today but im sure its the multis that have staved it off for so long
    Actually I was contemplating a multivitamin this morning, might have a look for that one at the shops when we duck out this afternoon!!

LM - I dont think I would have even thought about not boob-sharing while sick for the twinnies so you're not a bad mum!!! Oh and no problems on the swing, best money I ever spent that thing!!!

Well after dosing A up and some vapours in her room she has now had a 2 hour nap and still going..... fingers crossed for tonight!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor sick babes & kidlets
    Do hope they all get better soon xx

Lulusmum....I definatly wouldn't of thought of not swapping boobs on them either. Can you please pm me your adress & time for next thurs. My daughter is certainly a chubba bubba can't believe she's the same size as Ned when he's about 6 weeks older (or so) She was huge compared to all the other bubbas in the special care nursery!

Lady....so glad your enjoying it back at work. I'm hoping the next 6 months go slow for me,I'm loving bring a SAHM but know it won't be forever. Doesn't pay the bills lol!! I think it's good for kids anyway to either go in care or be looked after by others instead of being with mum 24/7. I'm just hoping we can afford for me to only have to work 2-3 days a week. That way it will be enjoyable having the break without being as fullon as it was when E was little. (was a single mum with a mortgage back then so had to work heaps)

Rach....how's the name choosing going?

Shy......yay for another 6 months of m/leave phew!!

AFM....Z has put on weight finally!! Not that she was small to start with lol!! She was 4.6 at birth & now 4.79 approximate. Having trouble with the bottle feeding, she's definatly a booby kid. I also tried the cup like the middies suggested but she hated that too. I think the expressing has made my supply better anyway. Will be interesting what they say at b/feeding clinic tomoz. Can't believe it goes for 5 hours. Apparently they give you lunch & a bed to have a nap between feeds also. Might take a magazine or 2 I think
    Quick question....this morning I had to let Z cry while having a shower, she gets herself soooo worked up & wants to be held but wouldn't settle in swing either. As soon as I hold her again she's all good but a few mins after putting her down again she screams the house down. I feel like such a bad mum letting her scream when she's so little but don't know what else to do, otherwise we'll never get out the house. I never had this with E so just wandering what others do when home alone & trying to get ready with a screaming Bub?