+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, and thanks for your replies!

MA, no more visits to TH planned, and TBH I'd rather not as I have the day sleeps sorted now, it's just the night time....and it can be noisy there, so I don't want a daytime setback!

Kiwi, the pram works ok, in fact he slept for 90 mins in it at Goolwa the other day, we had to keep walking and walking and walking! But all in all we have the day sleeps sorted, he gets approximately 2 x 1.5 hours, and 1 x 45 mins each day which is great! Mind you, he is still wrapped, and I want to try grobags, but he can't sleep with his arms out!

Livvyloo, don't worry, it is fine that you are popping out already! You are carrying twins afterall, and if you are slight, then naturally it will show sooner. My MIL ALWAYS made comments like, oh wow, you're really big, etc which really sh1tted me off! Feel free to vent anytime, but be happy with your growing tum and be proud!

Liv, you are NOT being selfish wanting another bub! I'm so sorry you have all these things to worry about, I wish it was easier for you, but I take my hat off to you for getting a wriggle on with it. I will keep sending and your way for bubba #2. Sorry to hear C is off his food, it's a teething thing hey!

Digby, I have another 6 months off, phew!!! I would have a mental breakdown if I had to go back to work soon!!

Waiting, thanks so much, people do keep saying that to me....and so far the solids haven't helped, etc!! I do feel lousy, but i hold out hope it will improve eventually!

Last night was a bit better. S went to bed at 8,30, then woke at 12.30 and 5.30 for feeds, so I feel a bit more human todya. He woke at 8am and DH got him up and let me sleep til 8.45! I figured S could manage without a feed for an extra 45 mins since he had only fed at 5.30! Amazing how much better you feel with 8 hours sleep even if it is broken! DH goes back to work tomorrow. Part of me thinks yay I can have some time to myself and the other bigger part is depressed as I won't have as much help! As he works such long 12 hour shifts it makes for very long days!

To those who swapped to grobags/sleeping bags from swaddling, did it take long for bubs to adapt and what age did you convert?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - yes i will be in for a walk on tuesday - is it at 9am??? annabelle has a cold poor love, so i am taking her to the dr tmrw as her boogies are all shades of gross at the moment - just warning that i may pull out if he tells me to keep her home

So just let me know if you are coming not this coming thursday but the one after for a playdate/coffee - so far i think its kiwi and sam, liv and coop - possibly winzy and owen....everyone is welcome

Spent the weekend making toddler paradise in the backyard - put up maxs cubby house, roller coaster, playdough table and paint easel - put that with his new swings and slide and the boy is in heaven...so glad we moved to a bigger house before the twins came along. Also did the xmas layby at myer and was very restrained in my buying - not many toys this year but we already have so much 'stuff' so no need to waste money on crap we dont need - HOWEVER - i reserved the right to go bananas on their clothes and bought soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much stuff from the myer sale, twins are covered up till next winter and max has all winter stuff till size 4 - now where to store it???? For those with girls, i bought heaps of pinafore type dresses but where is the best place to go for plain long sleeve tops and tights/leggings to go underneath???? myer didnt have a great selection and i figure if the dress has a print/pattern on it than the tights etc need to be a solid colour - im new to this girl business.....

hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LM - oooh toddler paradise, book A and I in once we are back from QLD for sure!!! I usually just get plain tops/leggings from target or kmart to go under dresses. Actually Ive just made A and her bestie matching pinafore dresses, (well done one dress the 2nd is underway) cant wait to get them in them together they will look SOOO cute!!!

Liv - dont feel bad about wanting another so soon (easier said than done tho) and the feeling of 'more to lose' this time cos you know what you're missing out on, oh Im not looking forward to that at all when TTC #2

Livvy - Im only quite little (shorty that is!) and have a really tiny torso so I 'popped' straight away (the bloating in the first trimester doesnt help!!) even the OB said I would carry everything out the front and be quite obvious cos Im so tiny in the torso. By 12 weeks I had to announce, couldnt hide it any longer even if I had wanted to cos some of the ladies at work had figured me out from my little belly even though I tried to hide it, and that was with only 1 bubs so IMO you're more than entitled to have and expanding belly at 11 weeks with twins and :P to anyone who gives you grief about it I say!!!

Kiwi - yep can do a walk tomorrow providing weather is all good, morning ok??

MG - Hows S doing is he getting better?

AFM - A decided a nap was overrated today... OMG how she does it Ill never know she seriously ran at 150% all day, never skipped a beat. She's crashed out now, snoring even how cute!!! Fingers crossed she sleeps through cos she didnt last night....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls -

Sorry I've been MIA - been busy around here!!

Spencer got over his gastro and now has a cold, but is getting over this. He's been up for a couple of hours for 4 nights in a row, so we are praying every night for him to sleep through! Hopefully he'll be ok for childcare tomorrow. H has also been quite funny in that he is now communicating when he wants to go to bed! The night before lat he apparently went to his room just before he was due, and today and yesterday he has gone to his bedroom and then stood by his bed for a morning nap. I'm assuming he's just really tired because he's recovering from his illnesses!
    Now poor DH has the gastro bug from Spencer, so I'm hoping I don't get it too. I've just been feeling a little off colour, but I'm sure I'll be ok and that is just preggo feelings. Had a busy day today looking after both my boys.

I would love to come to the Thursday catch up (Thurs week). LM - can you pm me your new address. I still haven't been around!! Looking forward to discovering Max's playground.

Would love to come to the Tuesday walk if it is happening, but it will depend on what is happening in Spencer land. Could someone explain where we would be meeting, and giving a few directions to me - I don't know GG very well.

Liv - don't feel greedy or guilty wanting another. No-one can say when enough is enough for any individual. People don't say anything to people who have children with no fertility issues - well - not as much anyway, so stuff them if they say something to you. I'm amazed by how people can be so negative about having children close together. Even my mum almost is waiting for me to fail. A friend' of DH's family has been the only person to just say to me "you wonder how on earth you will cope with 2 close together, but you just do, you make it work" I was really grateful for that - OMG someone who had a positive comment for once. Another way I thought of having another bub was that I wanted to say to Spencer when he grew up, that I did everything I could to give him a sibling. Definitely not greedy my love

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG here's the directions I posted the first time we met up for a walk. We usually meet in the outdoor area at the side. Hope S is ok and you can come

Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post

Ok directions to the Boatdeck Cafe...

Turn on to Mawson Lakes Boulevard from Main North Road at the trafficlights (main entrance to Mawson Lakes), follow MLB until it gets to the "Y" junction, turn LEFT alongside of the shops and lake (ie: dont follow the road around to the right!!!). Not far after you turn (about 4 shops down) on the right is the Boatdeck cafe. You can turn in to the Woolies carpark turn right just next to the Boatdeck and the carpark is behind. Hope that makes sense!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nawww MG thats cute S is telling you he wants to go to bed! A has started doing the same she goes to her cot and pats the mattress and says (what sounds like) "Get in". Unfortunately she did it this morning too early right when we needed to go out so I think her revenge for not going down for a nap then when SHE wanted it was to not have one at all......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Waiting - is it at 9am??

Thanks
    Reviews
    hahaha posted at the same time, umm I think wev'e been doing 9.30 cos we all ran a little late for various reasons but maybe we did say 9am?? Kiwi???!!!!! (she will remember!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We changed it to 9am, because LM and I head straight down after school/CC drop off. I have no problems waiting there for the stragglers.

MG - Glad to hear S is on the mend, too cute asking to go to bed.

LM - Poor little Annabelle, the boys don't catch it.

Livvy - Pffttt! Why people think they have the right to make personal comments about our bodies when we're pregnant. If you're slight, of course you'll probably pop out sooner and there's 2 babies in there. There is no right or wrong sized bump, enjoy, be proud.

Shy - Go Samuel! Keep up the good sleeps. Great news you have the day sleeps sorted, night ones aren't to far behind. My DH does 12hr shifts too + travel time, makes for a looong day.

Must go to bed, or I'll still be in my pj's when Waiting arrives tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and that we're still here. I'm generally too tired to post at night but am making a pretty good recovery I think. Our little princess is going well. She's progressing along quite well at the moment I think. That is she's had no real set backs yet. Baby blues set in for me today and it just breaks my heart when I see her suffering but she's strong and she'll be ok.

Off to get a couple of hours sleep before expressing again. Hope you're all well. Xx