+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Digby, you are doing so well with Z, and I was just gonna say what the others already have! Can't wait to meet her, but her photos are cute!

Winzy, how are you and O going?

Kiwi, sorry to hear about the car but at least it's fixed now. When are you off to Pt Lincoln?

Waiting, good luck with your application, I hope you get it!

Country, what a fright you had, but glad all is well

Lady, sounds like all is well on the work front, glad you are happy there. I am dreading my return to work! Love being a SAHM! Yes C can have full cream milk now but not skim if you can avoid it, sounds slike weetbix is a winner! I look forward to S eating more foods!

Liv, hope all is well with C.

MA, hope you are going well with C also.

LM, MG, Trying, Peachy, Livvy and everyone,

Thanks to you all for your advice about toys. I look forward to the 21st of July when Target start their sale! Putting a list together, look out credit card!

We just went away and had a nice little break. S slept ok there, in fact better during the day than at home! Even slept 1.5 hours in the pram one day and 1hour10 mins in the car on way home! Still having sh1t sleeps at home I am one tired mumma! Last night was almost every hour, WTF??? He seems grizzly today, so not sure if it's teething but the crap sleeps have been going on for about 2 months now! I'd give anything for 6-7 hours in a row! DH and I tried a bottle with water tonight, and surprise surprise he entertained the idea! So when he wakes up any minute now, he is going to get milk in a bottle....hmm

I just get annoyed when I see friends on FB etc who normally have good sleepers complain cos they have one or two bad nights, boo freaking hoo! I've not had one full night sleep in 6 months!!

Anyway, enough of a vent. Sorry for not posting sooner, I just find it hard on the phone and I keep losing posts! Bye for now! Off to cook steak and veg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - sorry to hear you are still having sleeping problems. You must be exhausted you poor thing - I can't even imagine having to do what you have to endure - it must be so exhausting and emotionally draining. Have you got any more torrens house visits coming up? Hope DH can help out some nights when it fits into his work night off!! I'm available to vent to anytime - perhaps over a double expresso sometime?

Samuel - more night sleeping please - you are making your Mummy tired!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Shy - Bummer S still isnt sleeping for you I know exactly how you feel A isnt the greatest sleeper, only now do we occasionally get a whole night's sleep but we've had many a night up every hour. I find its even worse right on a wonder week phase so keep an eye out for them, I always did so then at least I was psychologically prepared Everyone kept telling me 'oh it will get bette when she starts solids", "Oh it will get better when she starts crawling" and "oh she will be SOO tired when she starts walking." Errmmmm NUP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not my cheeky monkey!! She eventually started sleeping through in her own time. Took a while (wont tell you how long though, it might scare you !!)

I guess what Im saying is please dont feel lousy when all the suggestions/strategies dont work and when everyone elses bubbas are sleeping through, I know I was really hard on myself sometimes wondering what I was doing wrong.

Just remember you dont ever hear of 13 year old boys not sleeping. He will eventually sleep, the day will come that he wont want to get out of bed, then its a whole different battle

Digby - Im with LM on her suggestion, try boob before bottle. I always did bottle top ups (A never slept any better and her weight continued to slow). She dropped from the 50% in weight to under the 25% by her 2 month check up and the drs started suggesting more formula and I really started to feel I couldnt supply enough even though I had ample milk. By increasing formula my milk dropped and A stopped attaching by 12 weeks old, hence having to express full time until she was 6 months old.

Personally I wont be doing that again cos even after switching to full formula at 6 months A never slept through the night or gained in the percentiles again. At 18months shes still quite petite, still under the 25% and still often doesnt sleep through, I guess thats just the way she is!!. The Dr said at her appt last week that she tracks perfectly for the % she is on, it never varies!!!! My thought is now I must just be a good incubator, A must have been well fed in there to be as big as she was at birth (not as big as Z though) she just clearly felt that she doesnt need to feed as much or be as big in the "real" world so shed some weight after birth So when Drs tell me my milk isnt enough next time as the baby is dropping in percentiles, I say too bad!!! Topping up with formula was good while my milk was coming in, but like LMs suggestion Im gonna go with a feeding line next time to give bubs the top up needed (if needed) without losing the nipple stimulation to boost milk supply. Might be something worth thinking about if you feel you need to do ongoing top ups but really want to b/feed.

Geez that was long winded hope you are all well
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 25-06-2011 at 22:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Livvyloo i was the same stressing about everything I didn't get ms at all so it didn't seem real till the scans 

Digby: it's prob the sleep dep that's making u feel low can u get yr mum to stay over night a couple days a wk to help with the night settles? Owen has nights like u describe and it's just me too. but they are getting less frequent. Conflicting advice is the worst pitfall for a new mum I reckon go with your gut luv hope dh can help u tonight so u can get some zzs xoxo glad to hear u had a while nights sleep fingers crossed it's not a once off - btw the cafhs nurse said not to wake o at night so u should be right

Lm catch up sounds good! If I'm feeling brave! Love your assertiveness with the mil xoxo

Rach wooohooo congrats on your baby girl hope u and she are both well and that u get to have some cuddles woah just read about the bleeding how scary but gladto
    Hear u r doing well now so happy that your little akachan is doing well and hope she s out of neinatal soon xo
    Country sorry to hear
    About your scare but sounds
    Like all will be ok xox
    Lisa: wow u sound so on top if everything and going back to work too u r a supermum! 
    Shy: sounds really tough having little sleep for so long I do hope it
    Improves for u soon 
    Afm: have been settling in to life with Owen well he's starting to get into a kind of routine where he wakes fir feeds 2.5 - 4 hourly in the day and 3 - 6 hourly at night depending on how he is going so we are having a good few days but im well aware that could all change again tomight! He still has tricky nights too. he's been lovely to get to know, play with and get out n about with and I love him to bits! He gained well last week 750 g since leaving hospital (prob cos he was little) will be interesting to see how he goes this week cos he's been feeding less and chucking more. Amyway gotta sleep exhausted xoxo op

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy......that's great news on O's weight gain. Great you've started to get a bit of routine happening too! Are you going to the catchup next Sat for the other thread? I'd like to go providing the guys don't mind seeing a newborn & also that we have a half decent night the night before & up & ready on time.

Shy.....man I feel for you & I so wish I had some answers to give you or even better a magical wand so that S would sleep better for you. I just hope for your sake especially for a huge turnaround & soon. How long do you know before you'll be returning to work? I just hope especially that S is sleeping 100 times better by then xx

You know what?? Was going to do more personals but now I've gone blank & can't remember. Partly as its 4.30am yawn!! And also on the phone which makes it tricky.

AFM.....well our first dinner out with Z went really well. She slept through the whole night which was great as I was a little worried if she woke & wouldn't take the bottle I was a bit unsure where I would feed her?? Also as there were 18 people all up (dh's family & mine) I wasn't really in the mood to pass her round (well to certain people anyway) I was really strict & made it clear she was staying in her capsule whilst sleeping, as you do. I can't stand babies being passed around whilst sleeping.
    DD has a friend sleeping over tonight so it's great things are slowly going back to normal in regards to her having friends over on the weekend etc. DD was a great help to me yesterday,watching & cuddling Z for me whilst I was running around doing washing & expressing. (DH was out doing the grocery shopping)
    Well Z has finished her feed now & fingercrossed been asleep with me cuddling her for nearly 10 minutes so here's hoping she'll stay asleep when I put her in her bassinet. Mummy needs more shut eye too

Thanks
    Reviews
    SHY :I am glad you guys had a nice time away and got to relax a little your guys deserve it . As for the sleeping thing it must be so hard I know from when c was born to 4 months we had a rough time with sleeping and feeding but it did get better once we found the allergy but it was a short time compared to what you have had to tackel with sleep deprivation we were on the adge of going to the baby sleep dr I will text you all his details it maybe an option that you guys are worth looking at. xoxo

Winzy: that is a fantastic weight gain well done.

Digby: it sounds like E is great help to you hun that would be priceless are you trying to have naps when Z sleeps during the day ?

Rach: wow hun that is one story you have to tell you must be glad that she is out now and you would be starting to feel better I had the early stages of P/E and i know it is not nice take time to rest while you can and enjoy your time with your little princess I hope she is doing really well xox

LM : We would be up for a catch up .

MA:

lisa: you are so brave i could not think of leaving my little man to go back to work at all I was always jealous of kid with their mums at home when I was young and my mum worked so i promised myself when I had kids i would be at home for them so I think you are very brave but it also sounds like you have a fantastic job which must help.

to everyone else

asfm: we are not back to major eating issues and he is refusing bottle and solids so it has been a rough week and he is teething noting up yet but he has all the signs but he still gives me lots of smiles and is giggling now and it is so infectious which i adore i feel like I am blessed everyday to have him feeding has always been an issue but we will get their he has started to chuck up again which is very nice not but we are back to the dr next week so he maybe put back on the reflux meds.

We are now heading towards a round of ivf in december I have to be suppressed for 3 months prior to make the adenyosis inactive and them stim have been feeling a bucket load of emotion going down that path again like what is it does not work and am I being selfish wanting another one I had another HSG on thursday and my tubes are clear I have opted to do some counciling which I am doing on monday as I need to get rid of the negative thoughts that I have I feel like their is so much more to loose this time as I know what I am missing out on if your get what I mean.

sorry for the long post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all,

Waiting - Wed would be heaps better. I'm usually back home from school drop off by 8.55am. I can show you where the Dam playground is.

Lisa - So glad your 1st week back at work went so well. I'll be studying full time and then working full time from when S is 3yrs old, you are my role model.

Liv - All the best with your upcoming cycle. Good on you for getting some councilling.

Shy - Massive hugs to you. We just went through 6 mths of sh!t sleep too, it sucks! Thank god we have come out the other side. Have you tried doing S's day sleeps in the pram? That's what I had to do with Sam until he was 9mths old. If he started to stir I could usually rock him back to sleep for another sleep cycle. Just a suggestion. I hope he turns the corner for you soon. Feel free to vent here any time.

Digby - Sounds like you had a great night out. P & J are huge helps to me too. A bonus of having a big age gap. I do worry about S feeling like an only child though.

Winzy - Sounds like all is going well at your house.

Rach - Hope you and your princess are doing well.

Must go. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Are we walking Tues, cause I can come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi : I am up for a walk on tuesday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting - Wed is no good S is in occ care. Back to Monday plan, if it still suits, I drag P & J on my walks all the time. It's off road, so they run ahead and poke around in the creek, they are always finding interesting stuff.

Liv - Who else is coming? LM? Waiting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Rach - Woah what an ordeal that was for you, blood transfusion and everything, thats full on. Hope you and your precious little princess are doing well and getting stronger every day.

Liv - good luck with your cycle in December. It must be tough getting back onto the ivf roller coaster. It never gets easier.

Shy - oh dear, I hope the sleeping issues sorts itself sooner rather than later. You must be exhausted.

Digby - that's awesome news about your first dinner out with z. That's really good to hear that life is getting back to normal and your dd even had a friend over.

Winzy - that's wonderful about Owens weight gain and that you're settling into a routine with him. Also that's how I feel re scans. It doesn't feel like it's really happening when I havent had one for awhile because I feel pretty normal. Ms seems to have gone now... At least I havent had any since 10 weeks exactly and I'm 11w1d today.

Kiwi - thanks for asking about my NT scan, it's on the 4th of July.. So a week tomorrow. I'm actually kinda nervous about it now that it's coming up, I hadn't thought much about it before. I just hope the results are ok.

AFM - big big headache right now. Not nice. The weekend has been lovely but too busy and I'm not ready for Monday yet. I feel a bit touchy today, my jeans wouldn't do up (had a feeling and havent put them on for awhile before today). Luckily I bought a bellyband so I used that and wore them anyway. My mother in law was aghast today that I've got 'a little pot' so 'early'. She felt sure it was far too soon for me to be visibly expanding. I have to confess I was a bit offended although tried not to be. I'm a bit defensive I guess cos I've already been wondering if it's 'too soon' for me to not be quite fitting into my clothes properly. I'm quite slight so I'm trying to tell myself that it's popping out because there's really nowhere else for it to go, I'm very narrow across the middle. But then I wonder if I am just eating too much, I'm really hungry tho!!! I don't know, maybe you show sooner with twins, or maybe I'm just deluding myself lol. It's not like you would look at me and know I'm preg, it's just I had a very flat tummy before and now it's not. I feel awkward about ppl suggesting its too early for me to be expanding so I'm a bit sensitive....