+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    congratulations Rachel!!!! How scary for you and I'm so glad things ended up well. (what an understatement!). Catch up soon, and rest up. I can't imagine how difficult it must be not being able to get to your little girl at will. Biggest hugs to you, DH and Emi. xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bl00dy hell Rach, sounds like you've been through the wringer. How scary for you. Obviously Baby Rach is tough like her Mummy. Hope your and hers recovery is a speedy one.
    Thank goodness they got the bleeding stopped. No wonder I saw the Dr so much when I was pregnant, I'm a little blase when it comes to platelets, peeved them a bit I think. Whoops!
    Can't wait to hear her name.

Digby - Go Z, she does that again. Lots of fatty vibes to Z for her weigh in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    rach - wow!!! what a tremendous effort from mum and bubs - you have been through so much to get where you are now, bet you cant stop pinching yourself that you have 2 beautiful girls.......well done!

digby - i think if its working for you i wouldnt care if what i was doing seemed weird or not one thing i was told though was to always do breast first so your getting as much nipple stimulation as possible - if you do bot first she may not atach to you for as long a time and it could affect your supply. you may want to look at using a comp line instead of bottles for the top ups - like a little straw that goes in the corner of her mouth while she is attached to the breast - straw connects to a bott of ebm or formula - so she still gets extra food but you get all the stimulation. BUT it seems like what your doing is working perfectly, so if your both happy why change....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh wow Rach how full on! So glad to hear you and bubs are doing ok, we were all on tenterhooks last night waiting to hear how you both are! What a determined little girl she is! Awesome that your colostrum is flowing so you can supply for her. So happy to hear you are doing better too and avoided the hyster. Cant wait to hear her name, now which one of us are you naming her after hmmm??!!!

Kiwi - does Wed work better for you for a walk? I think I can make it to the walk at M/Lakes this week too if people are going

AFM- A had her 18month immunisations yesterday, a quick grizzle then off to catch bubbles with the nurse!! Shes now 10.1kg (hooray double figures!!) and 79cm so a shorty like me Ive read somewhere that to work out (guesstimate) full height as an adult for boys you double their height at 2 years and for girls at 18months.... which would make A taller than me (thats not hard ) but not by that much!!!

Oh and this time next week we will be in QLD woohoo!!!

Ps - what on earth is going on with my font??!!
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 24-06-2011 at 21:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Rach - what a way to come into this world for baby x!! And I thought my placenta previa was bad! Pick all the red meat options after the blood transfusion - they didn't tell me that until I left the hospital.
    Look forward to hearing what name you decide on!
    Waiting - nice font ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My goodness Rach.....you have been through so much, my heart goes out to you and your family. What a great noise to hear your baby girl crying, beautiful little miracle she is. I hope you start to recover soon & able to have some cuddles very soon. Can't wait to find out what her name is, I'm sure it will be beautiful.
    Like mummyagain said definatly go with the red meat options. I'd probably also start upping your iron tablets maybe as they help alot after a massive blood loss. Hope you recover soon from the massive blood loss as it's very tiring. Take care mate & enjoy your beautiful girls xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Rach on your beautiful baby girl. You have certainly been through alot. Good news on not needing the hyster.

Digby sorry to hear MIL isn't all that helpful

Lisa wonderful news about Muesli having a little boy

MG sorry to S is sick I hope he gets better soon.

To everyone else I hope you are all well.

AFM: Well I had some bleeding on Thursday morning at work. Made a few calls being that I'm only 34weeks and had to go down the the hospital to check it all out. As it turns out it was nothing and bubs is sitting in there nice and snug still. I got told to rest for the remainder of the day and friday so I stayed home and I actually did what I was told, sat in front of the fire and read a book (making the most of it while I can). Thinking I should pack my bag this weekend now, otherwise all is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning All!

Rach....congratulations on you 2nd little princess! ! Wow what a rough time you went through. Glad you've both come through well and hope that little bub grows big and strong every day! . Wow, she's 1kg lighter than Charlie was and everyone thought he was teeny tiny! he was 6lb. 2.72kg. I remember hearing his first scream as well. it was the first look i had at him and he had at me....and yep he screamed! . was so precious tho!! Please keep us updated with how baby is doing! and yep.....we were all waiting on the edge of our seats to hear from you the other night. Has E seen her sister yet or will you be waiting a bit longer?

Country.....wow i thought we were going to read another birth from your post! hope baby snuggles in nice and tight for a bit longer for you! Lap up all the resting you can and enjoy it!

Waiting.....I hope you dont enjoy your holiday! . Kidding! hope you have a fabulous time! dont worry, i bet C will fly past my height too and be taller than me! well i hope so! lol

Digby.....LM had some good advice there about doing breast first so you can keep it stimulated and supply going and then if she needs top up do the bottle (or straw thingy) because i know how much you want to BF so i agree that if you do it this way you will keep your supply going well.

Livvy....how are you going? sorry if i missed a post about it, but when do you have your NT scan? not long now til you can tell everyone your good news!

Hi to the rest of you! Hope you have a nice walk if any of you get together for it.

All going well here. First week back at work was fine. finished it off with a quick wine afterwards with my boss cos she was stressed so i took her out for a de-stresser! oh what a good PA i am! . I've slotted back in just as if i never left. jokes and sarcasm a plenty! it's funny cos i look back at the 7.5months and now it just feels like it was 7.5days! i wonder where that time went!
    C was weighed the other day too and is 7.07kg. he hasn't gained any in a month and dr wants to see him in another month to see if he will have gained any by then. he's not worried cos he looks happy and healthy and all is good. but if he doesn't gain weight over the next month then he mght send us to a dietician. I'm not sure if that's necessary??? or should we? he did also say that between 4-8 months (i think it was) that the weight can plateau anyway........
    We also got rid of the dummy too!! . Hasn't had a dummy since 2am Wed morning I think. doing well! not many tantys either so we're feeling very pleased!
    He also had some wheetbix with skim milk this morning. I didn't have any formula to mix with farex/muesli and didn't have any full cream milk and i could see he was still hungry so i gave him wheetbix and skim milk and he loved it so much that afterwards he did a big fart, looked at me and smiled and laughed! . so looks like we will give wheetbix from now and will use full cream milk cos that might even add weight onto him. cos full cream milk is fine to add into foods from now i believe?

Anyway, best be off so i can wash some bottles and get ready for swimming while baby sleeps!
    Hope you all have a great day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting.....lucky lucky you going on a holiday to sunny Qld. Very well deserved with how hard you've worked with uni & prac

Lady.....way to go on the work front!!

Thanks lulusmum & lady....I will start making sure I always give Z boob before bot bot from now on. Except for nights like tonight, where going to the hampstead hotel for dinner with both sides of family. I will give her a boob top up just before we leave & if she's hungry when out top her up with the bottle.

Country.......that would of been scary, I'm so glad for you bubs is tucked in tight. Enjoy as much rest as you can now before the sleep dep begins when bubs is born.

Enjoy your weekend everyone, hopefully a sunny one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach, congratulations on your little mini Rach! I'm so glad to hear all is well, and wow, what a story to tell her when she's older! Are you at WCH or FMC?