+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats Rach, DH and Emi on the birth of your little girl!!!

Hope everything is going well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spencer has some kind of bug again the little munchkin. He had his first chuck last night, but slept through the rest of the night thank goodness. He's been a bit runny down below too, so hoping we don't catch whatever he has. Poor thing chucked up pieces of mandarin. He looked so shocked and didn't know what was happening.
    He's just had toast this morning and has been on and off grumbly and cuddly, to being in a playful mood. Gotta laugh that he took himself off to bed. He must REALLY be tired to do that!!

Hope everyone is good. Off to get some stuff done while he's down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MG: I hope spencer gets better soon their is nothing worse than seeing your little one ill

Ok I am finaly free for the walk on tuesday morning where is it and at what time ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Rach, DH & E on the arrival of your little princess!

Hope your both doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG - Hope S is all better soon.

Liv - I went to my 1st meeting this morning and came out to a car that wouldn't start! So got some exercise walking home, thank goodness it's a beautiful day. So I might not be walking if my car isn't going. Silly me, I'll be doing heaps of walking, just not at Mawson Lakes. I think it has an electrical fault, hopefully an easy fix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG - Hope S gets better soon poor little man

Kiwi - B*gger about the car!! Will have to come and go walking with you around your area, whats Monday like for you?

LM - We wont be able to catch up Thurs week, will be in QLD (woohoo!!) we leave next fri, cant wait!!! Will have to organise a playdate soon tho for sure!

Right back to housework until A wakes up...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting - Car's all fixed, handy having a mechanic for a hubby. Monday is good for me, but I'll have to drag P & J along as they have a pupil free day. Maybe they can ride their bikes. Holiday sounds great, I'm hanging out for our trip to Port Lincoln during term 3 hols.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach.....congratulations on the birth of your little girl. I hope shes going well & you too xxx

Thanks guys for your feedback & concern. You guys are all so awesome! Would you believe it.....last night I fed Z 80mls of express then a full feed of me (both sides) put her in her bassinet at midnight then went to sleep myself. Well.....had a lovely sleep & would you believe it DH's alarm went off at 6.30am,we both woke startled as if it had to be round 3am as Z was still asleep. She slept until 6.40am & I know they say bubbas don't smile until approximate 6 weeks but she was smiling from ear to ear (as was mummy & daddy) I then fed her & topped her up with express, she stayed up for 2 hours then had 50mls bot & then me & after sleeping for another 4 hours I deceided to wake her for her next feed!! I think the top ups are doing the trick!!!
    Fingerscrosed it's not a once off!!
    Not sure if I should let the middies know how long she slept for last night as they can get a bit funny. I might just go with the flow at the breast clinic next week, listen to there advice but follow my mothers instinct! So the plan is if Z hasnt gained weight by next Monday's weigh in I will start topping up with formula but keep expressing. If she is finally gaining weight I will continue topping up at each feed with express milk. Once I feel confident my milk supply is better I will give her only one bot of express a day to keep her used to the bot but stop the topping up & the rest of the time just full boob feeding. I will then back of the expressing after each feed & just express a bit each day or so to freeze.

Lulusmum .....your so right in what you say (topping up with express is bloody hard work) & you were doing it for twins & having a toddler to look after also. You sure are supermum!! Just have one lil question for you. Last night I found it easier giving her boob for a bit, then swapping to bot, then back to boob & so on until the whole 80mls were gone & then I just continued feeding her until she seemed full & relaxed. Is this ok to do or a little weird? Most of the time I just either feed her first then the bot or the other way round but last night she was a bit restless with the bot & took it better once relaxed from the boob. I just wanted to make sure she got the whole 80mls as I dont know what shes getting from me. Thankyou also for the invite, give me a couple of weeks & I'd luv to catchup, your only up the road too. Just going to be strict & limit socializing for the next 2 weeks while DH & Em are at school & work. Apart from the days I have Z appts the rest of the days will stay home so I'm able to express more milk, get Z in routine & Zzzz's for me. After that when fingerscrosed no more topping up will be out and about!! It's going to be hard for me as I hate being stuck at home but I'm a bit of a routine natzi lol!! And if it means she'll continue to sleep like last night I'm all for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Rach on your little baby girl!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Thanks for all your concerns and wishes. Our new little girl is just gorgeous. 

She doesn't have a name yet but DH and I are throwing around a couple to see how they feel. She was born at 7.15pm last night weighing 1.720kgs and came out screaming which was the most beautiful sound. She scored a 9 for the apgar test which I thought was amazing considering how early and tiny she was. 

I had a few kisses and looks and then DH went with her to neo-natal. I ended up getting back there around midnight to spend some time with her. She appears to be doing really well. She had a cpap on last night but they've taken that off now and they're also planning on giving her a feed today. My colostrum is flowing well so there's heaps for her. 

DH and I went back and stayed with her this morning and are going to go again now. I'm still not out of bed so I just can't get to see her by myself yet. It breaks my heart that she's there by herself but the nurses around her are fantastic. Do did I tell you she's just beautiful!

AFM, it was all a bit of a disaster but im on the mend now. After bubs & DH left the surgeon couldn't stop the bleeding. It went on for a long time and I lost 3-4 litres so also had a blood transfusion. They got incredibly close to doing a hysterectomy but managed to control the bleeding just in time. I was stitched up but told to fast as they thought I might end up back in surgery that night. They nearly put me in ICU but then took me to the labour ward where I've had hourly observations since. Theyve been pretty satisfied with my progress though so hopefully I'm on the mend. 

Basically I had severe pre-eclampsia, my placenta was abnormally attached to my uterus and they couldn't un-attach it and i had big blood vessels on my uterus which got cut. A low platelet count didn't help with all of this. Anyway I'm hoping to be off some medication tomorrow and will be able to get out of bed

I'm so proud of my two little girls and so in love with my beautiful family.