+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Question for all u mummies in here! What are THE toys to have for a 1yo boy? We r going away but I want to go to the target sale but not sure where to start!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - Max's smart trike was a hit a 1, used to go for a walk in it everyday. One thing i have just realised though is that not much stuff is developmentally suitable at 1, or it is suitable but doesnt grow with the child or last if you know what i mean. With Max just turning two i could have bought stacks of stuff though, but had to draw the line and not go overboard. At 2 he was ready for a swing set, slide, cubby house, soccer and basketball sets etc - might be worth buying him some stuff for later that he will get years of use out of instead of a toy that may only suit him for a few months. But yep, anything with wheels, makes noise, anything he can push - tactile stuff like a water table, sand table etc

Actually, last xmas max got a cosy coupe car thingy from my parents and i wished he had of got it earlier as he barley fits in it now - it comes with a foot plate so when they are little you can push them around in it and then you take it out and they can scoot themselves around - winner!
    Last edited by LulusMum; 20-06-2011 at 13:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Shy - We got A a Smart Trike and a swing set in the sales last year, she got them for her birthday/Xmas. SOOOO glad I got them when I did and didnt wait until she turned 2, she has been using them for ages and LOVES the swing, every time we go outside she wants to go on it! Just make sure you get a baby swing to go with it (not all come with one) if you get something like that.

Liv - not sure if a walk is on tomorrow but if it is I cant make it, will be back next week

LM - Hows Max after his big Birthday weekend? Thanks for inviting us, A had SOO much fun yesterday, she woke up after her nap asking for cake and was saying "Happyday" (Happy Birthday) all afternoon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - We got S a swing (didn't get a swing set, have playground across the rd) and he LOVES it. He also LOVES the trampoline, which doubles as a playpen if we are working outdoors. S got a ride on trike, the type they push themselves on, he's just getting the hang of that now. The other hit was his fold out couch, he snuggles up on it with his blankie and watches tv with the big kids. Oh, and he still enjoys pushing around his vtech baby walker.

LM - Kids had a great time at the party. Thanks.

Waiting - See you around lunch.

Liv - I have P home sick with some viral thing, doubt she'll be at school tomorrow, and I still don't feel 100% either. for next week.

Shy - Easy to put heaters up, took DH 10mins tops! They come with a template, to draw on where to drill, 4 quick drills, put the thingemees in and on the wall it goes. S touched one yesterday and only cried for a few seconds, no mark on his hand.

Must go, P wants a cuddle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Livvy - Great news on the bubbas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah thats another good idea, the sit-to-ride car/trike thingos (not sure what to call them!) The ones they sit on and push with their feet. A has a $20 one from Kmart (princess one but you can get blue sesame street and other boyish ones) she LOVES it has been using it for a while, definitely the toy of the moment - she drags it everywhere, rides it through the house (AUUUGHHH bring on the warmer weather I say!!!)

Kiwi hope you are feeling ok, will msg before I drop past

Lisa - how did the first day back at work go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy.....don't know what you call them but the 3 in 1 or it may even be a 4 in 1 bike that starts as a push bike/pram style & as they get older it converts to a toddler style bike. I think they go for around $100/$150. I'd say target would have them midyear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy......just thought about some other ideas for Xmas gifts for 1 year olds. Duplo building blocks, sand pit, peek-a-boo blocks (I think is the right name), tonka my first tonka truck, and a few ideas to grow into between the age of 1.5-2 years....chalk/painting board (maybe), playdough set and fingerpaint!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by digbyleigh View Post
    Shy.....don't know what you call them but the 3 in 1 or it may even be a 4 in 1 bike that starts as a push bike/pram style & as they get older it converts to a toddler style bike. I think they go for around $100/$150. I'd say target would have them midyear.
    Yup thats what a SmartTrike is (that LM and I were referring to) AWESOME and well worth the money!!

Oh Playdoh, Ive been contemplating letting A try some Playdoh... havent been game enough yet not sure where it could end up....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont think the weather is very good for a walk today so if anyone was still going i wont be there - i'll be at home in my slippers instead

Just lettling you all know i got a message from Rach last night, unfortunately she has developed preeclampsia and is in hospital. They have given her steroid shots and bub could come anytime between now and the next few weeks depending on how she goes, but likely she will be in hopsital now till bub is born.
    Im sure i speak for everyone Rach - that you and your precious bub, as well as DH and Emi are in our thoughts, im sure everything will be fine now you are in the safest of hands. Keeping you and bub in our prayers xx