+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Winzy.....what an awesome birth story, thankyou for sharing. I love love loved reading it. I can't wait to meet Owen oneday

Lulusmum....happy birthday Max!!!

Lady....enjoy your last couple of days off & all the best for your return to the workforce next Monday xx

It seems most babies seem to want to party on at 2am Not to worry I'm sure once we get past the first 6 weeks things will get easier. Thanks to all for the feedback re formula. It seems that Z will most likely still party on regardless of breast or formula at 2am at this stage so going to just go with it & stick to feeding her myself as it's going so well. I might catchup with my sis next week & try her pump & look into expressing. E has waikakirri coming up in august at the ent centre & if I can express & Z takes the bot I can then leave her with my sister inlaw instead of taking her out in the cold at night. Would be nix

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops, typing with left hand while feeding is tricky on iPhone lol!! Was going to say would be nice for DH & E to give her the bot also. No hurry though!

Waiting.....well done on all your shopping bargains!!

AFM.....looking forward to having DH home for the weekend. It's been a little tough having him go back to work so early, especially as it means I have to do all the night settling BUT....no work for the next 2 days means Z duties at night when required (excluding the feeding of course) I must admit it's still hard to sleep when he's on Z duty as he does tend to stress & not handle the crying & awakeness at 2am all that well but hey.....least he gets to sleep on worknights lol!! So I've got everything crossed for tonight that I'm able to just feed & pass her onto DH & that he can do the rest & let me sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy - loved the story!! Loved the hosting dinner party bit the best - ha!!

Happy Bday Max!

Digby - sending get well arm vibes to Z. Fortunately with little ones they heal very quickly but not much fun for them (and mum) being in pain xxx

Shy - hope all the family are ok xxx

Went a little overboard at the myer stocktake sale - oops! BUT I did buy DH a shirt so takes the edge off ha!! But hey, need to spend my paid maternity leave on something surely!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    WH: blimey I cant imagine getting that far then having them say lets go to C sect I wonder if my usual ob would have opted for C sect as he is a bit more conservative...

Livvyloo: It was an amazing experience thanks!

Lisa: BF is going pretty well thanks, after a bit of a tricky strart. Good luck with your return to work. C must be a good sleeper I just cant imagine being able to go back to work at all at this stage!

MA: Yah go the bargains! I went to those sales before O came along and went berserk seems like aeons ago now!

Digby: Yeah I hope our late night party animals settle down soon! I do hope you get some sleep this weekend, make sure you get the earplugs out (I have been putting mine in when its DHs turn stops me from stressing at the cries)

AFM: Righto quick update on life at home with O. He has had one settled night then one unsettled night pretty much the whole time we have been home. I was getting myself in knots about how often to wake and feed him due to conflicting advice, but we have decided to let him go 4 hours max in the day and 5 at night, but he has generally been waking up before that for a feed anyway with some breaks 2.5 hours between feeds, and others 5 hours! So no real routine as yet. I have been trying to catch some zzs when I can, but find it hard to switch off in the day time. He generally settles quite quickly, we wrap him and walk him around the house for a while and sing sometimes and he goes down. But at other times - he doesnt want to go down and just cries or wants to play and is looking around at everything. He is being a bit unsettled now DH is settling him bless his heart.He just looks really tired tonight. BF has been going well, although at times he gets a bit stressed and takes a while to attach sucking on his fingers, arching his back etc so i have had to burp and settle him before feeds and try reflux friendly holds.
    I went to see a lactation consultant at CAFHS yesterday and she had some extra time, so had me take the PND survey my score was 12 so I was given a referal to see the GP in a week WTF! Just one more thing to worry about! Ah well at least its been flagged to watch out for but I thought some anxiety and teariness was normal for new mums?
    Anyway I better go to bed I think DH has worked his magic with O night xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy - what a beautiful birth story. I think some teariness and anxiety is quite normal but it's good to be on the look-out for PND as well. I remember the first night we came home with E. Dh was having dinner, a beer and whistling and all I felt like doing was crying. I was in a lot of pain though.

LM - Happy Birthday Max! Hope you've all had a great day and enjoy tomorrow too - Yo Gabba Gabba - Woo Hoo!

Kiwi & Waiting - hope you're both feeling better soon. UTIs and back pain -argh - they're both horrible.

Well I'm finally feeling as if I'm getting better. I've woken up able to breathe through my nose the past three days. I hadn't been able to for about three weeks. Also my dad got the news this week that his cancer is contained which is excellent. He has an op early July and then hopefully that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, thank god the AntiB's are working.

Digby - Enjoy your weekend off night settling, sending your gorgeous Z lots of healing vibes. Hope she gives up the night partys soon. Can E sleep through it? Hope so, cheeky little sister.

Winzy - Beautiful birth story. Being teary is very normal with a newborn. You're sleep deprived, hormonal and on the steepest learning curve ever! Don't stress, doesn't mean you have pnd, but best to talk to professionals about it. When S was about 6 mths old I went through a really rough patch, I think all the stress of my pregnancy and health dramas caught up with me. I had worn a "happy face" my whole pregnancy not to worry my family. I cried for days, went to the Dr and he prescribed anti depressants. I never took them though, I actually think I was going through some type of mourning and felt better after all my crying. Still glad I went though IYKWIM.

Livvy - Hello. Please drop in and tell us how your OB appt went, fine I'm sure. Sorry if you find us a bit overwhelming. How's the ms? Your 12wk scan will be here before you know it!

Rach - The heaters are hot to touch, we've just put some in the living areas, we figured S will touch them, cry and then leave them alone. They are hot but touchable, you wont scold your finger, but you wouldn't hold it there IYKWIM. Good guys has 1 on that you can touch and see for yourself. Did I read your Dads cancer is contained, AWESOME!

LM - Bet Max had a great day yesterday. Birthday week, I love it.

MA - Sounds like you had a good day shopping.

MG - hope you guys are better.

Waiting - OUCH!! hope today is not too painful.

Lisa - Enjoy your weekend and all the best for work on Monday.

Hi everyone, must go, DH in charge yesterday so house is a pigstye.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys

Just a quick note as I'm sick as a dog, have the flu or a virus or something and am just really crook. Coughing, sore throat, shaky, hot and cold, exhausted but unable to sleep as I feel so sick. All day nausea yesterday wasn't great either. Should have had the day off work yesterday as I was so sick but had an important meeting, can't tell u how annoyed I was when the meeting was cancelled last minute!!! I could have just stayed home. Will need to rest up big time today as I just feel rotten. Thankfully my OB prescribed me some antibiotics, hope it works fast!!!

Anyway, OB appt was great, I just love my doctor, John svigos, he was so good. Saw the little bubbas on screen, doing well and growing nicely with little heart beats ticking away. Got some more photos of them, they're a bit less blob like now, hehe, just a bit tho. The dr says even thro my official due date is 14 Jan, for twins full term will be 38 wks, so that's 1st january 2012 sounds like a good date to me. Got our hospital forms and will do an NT scan on 4th July. Had a lot of blood taken yesterday, the gribbles lady totally butchered my vein, said it was small and she just kept pushing the needle around, it did not tickle I can tell u that much. Had lots of blood tests during ivf and whilst some nurses had trouble, no one did the kind of botch job the lady did yesterday. I do have small veins as I have a slight frame, I can't donate blood as the needles are too thick for my veins, but yikes, this was full on. Anyway, all gone well and we'll deliver either at Calvary in north Adelaide or women's and children's as a private patient if the bubs are early, cos the neo natal unit is there. Got to do what's best for the babies. Lots of forms to fill out now and decisions to make, classes to think about etc!!!

Anyway, feeling very average so going to try and have a snooze while DH is out for a run.

Hope everyone is good, will try to catch up properly later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Livvyloo, I can highly recommend WCH especially with twins you will be in great hands sorry to hear you're sick I hope u feel better soon. Yay for good ob appt!! Ps my DS was 1/1/11 so good date I reckon!

Winzy, loved reading your birth story. I had a great middy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shy1 For This Useful Post:

Livvyloo  (20-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stupid phone! In delivery ward also. Must admit I got quite a bit of confusing and conflicting advice I'd 4c as well!

Digby hope Z is going well.

Kiwi, are those heaters hard to put on the wall?

LM, hope Max had a great party!

Now I've forgotten what I've read, BBL!!!

Oh question, any tips on settling ideas for moving bubs into his own room? He seems to be reliant on me at night to resettle him by rocking the cot and I need to try other things. After lengthy discussion with PHL this morning DH and I will look to move him to his own room after our holiday this week.

Thanks fir all your kind words about our niece, she's still very unwell but praying for a turnaround xx
    Last edited by Shy1; 19-06-2011 at 16:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is their a walk on tomorrow morning ???