+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LM - Dont worry she's firing on all cylinders running around like her usual crazy self!!! Wow cant believe Max is about to turn 2!!!!!!!!

Digby - Poor Z, hope her arm heals soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Digby - it must be heartbreaking seeing Zahli in pain. Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy 2nd Birthday Max!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Happy 2nd Birthday Max!!!!!
    Wahoo Max! Have a great day.
    At drs have uti feel crap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy 2nd Birthday to the beautiful max i hope you have a wonderful day xoxxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there everyone sorry Ive been MIA for a while its been a very busy couple of weeks!!!
    Firstly, happy birthday to Max! Hope he has a good one.

Digby: Sorry to hear that little Zahli is still in pain it must be a difficult time (as well as an amazing and wonderful time too of course!) We have had settling issues with Owen too, most nights he will have a bout of unexplained crying either at 2 or 4 am. He went a bit mental the night of the lunar eclipse and full moon but last night was a bit easier. It is really difficult when no matter what I do he doesnt seem to want to stop crying and when Im tired and emotional it can be pretty tricky in the wee hours of the morn.U R not alone girl! Not sure about the BF issue - Im going to try to stick at it as long as I can I reckon. Perhaps when the pain subsides she will find it easier to settle? I know when I broke my arm i couldnt sleep very well at all as whenever I moved it hurt.

Hi to everyone else! I have been reading along on my iphone during feeds but its just too hard to try and type with one hand!

AFM: Well I will tell you my birth story and a quick update of life at home so it will be a bit of a marathon post sorry!

For DHs birthday we decided to have his family and my mum around for Sukiyaki at our place. The day before Id had a tiny bit of a show, but it wasnt mucousy, so didnt think much of it. At midday Mum and I went shopping together and as I was leaning over the trolley, i had my first more painful than usual BH contraction. "Ah she'll be right, its just BH, it could be another few days yet," thinks I. I had another painful contraction at the bakery as I was talking to my best mates mum and then rang mum and decided we'd better get home just in case. DH had taken the day off, and started to time the BH contractions just in case they were the real thing. They were between 5 and 7 minutes apart, so not really that regular, so I decided that they must be BH and plowed on. Doing the prep for dinner, they got worse, so I got Mum to take over the dinner while DH put the tens on me and I bounced on the fit ball for a while. By about 6:30pm DH thought it would be wise to ring the hospital. They suggested we stick it out at home for a little longer. The MIL, FIL, SIL and BIL all rocked up toting bottles of wine and pressies for DH. We said that we might'nt be there long as I was probably in labour. BIL says "Ah she'll be right, if you go too early they'll probably send you home anyway!" I agreed, so sat tight while we opened pressies and did the birthday cake. MIL served yum cha entrees and then I thought I might as well stick around and help instruct everyone on how to cook the main course. (Sukiyaki is a dish cooked at the table) so Im sitting there at the table, hair a sight, on my my fit ball, tens machine cranking, teaching a crash course in Japanese cookery! I then had a little lie down in bed as the pain was getting quite bad. By about 9:30pm we got a phone call from the hospital saying "uuum where are you? We really think you should come down now," so DH and I said our goodbyes and trundled off in the car, the pain was quite bad, so I had my labour blend essential oils, my stress balls, and my relaxation visualisations helping to distract me in the car. At one point DH was going to go a longer route to the hospital as the road was better, but i said "just get there now, I dont want to give birth in the car!"
    We arrived, DH took my MASSIVE labour bag and idock and his bag up to 4 North. They put us in a room, then a midwife took us to the birthing suite. She said the one with the bath was available, so we could use that. I hadnt intended using the bath, as TENS was working for me at that stage. DH got everything set up - pictures to help visualisations on the wall, mantras from Juju Sunjin's 'Birth Skills,' meditations on the idock. They examined me and said that I must have been doing some hard labour at home, as I was 2 cm dilated. I laughed and said "I have been hosting a dinner party!"
    First stage passed with me counting footsteps and pacing, sitting on the fit ball with the TENS, bouncing, with DH counting contractrations the whole way through. Then as it got worse I stood in front of a picture of my fave hellish running track at Maslins, visualised running up that hill as I moved my arms and legs, till DH got to 30 then looked at the pics of the view from the top of that hill as it subsided. This worked really well with the TENS to distract. The pain was starting to get worse, and I wanted something in my 'bag' to help me if i couldnt cope. So I asked to try the gas. The midwife suggested I get in the bath with the entonox, but I was still reluctant to take off the TENS. So I used the gas while on the fit ball, ended up vomiting, but felt fine with it after that. After a while, the midwife convinced me to give the bath a go, so I did, and OMG I am so glad I did! I immediately relaxed and the pain seemed to subside a little. DH moved the mantra, counting and colour flashcards into the bathroom and I took my stress ball with me, which I banged on the bath rail throughout contractions as dh counted. The midwife told me that first sign of wanting to push and they had to get me out of the bath. The bloody show came out and I thought it may have been my waters, and I started to feel like pushing, so I got out. BAD move. I put the TENS back on but the pain was a bit worse. She got me up on the bed and told me i was 7 cm and that my waters were bulging, but "oh hang on, there they go, your waters have broken" I think she broke my waters, but i was fine with that I just wanted it to be over. My middie then told me she was about to go off shift, DH and I looked at her imploringly, as if to say "dont leave!!" but the next middie was just as lovely. She got me hunched over a bean bag on the bed in the nick, and i just sucked on that gas, and banged the mattress with my stress ball, and vocalised rather loudly through the contractions, which were coming much more often and lasting longer. I REALLY wanted to push, and I got to 10 cm, but there was a bit of the rim of the cervix caught on bubbies head. Still no sign of the Ob, I thought that this must still be going to go on for ages, but just did the panting thing and resisted the urge to push. FINALLY the ob came in and I became aware of the sun shining through the windows so I thought awesome I must be nearly there!! He said, "theres a rim of the cervix caught on bubbies head, so next contraction, just push, then Ill flick the cervix out of the way, and he should slip down into the birth canal." Sure enough, one push later and I was in the pushing stage of labour. I remember that it hurt heaps and the hardest thing was not being able to vocalise, as I had to hold my breath and push. It went on for about 15 minutes or so, then Owen's head started to crown. I asked for a mirror as I wanted to be able to see what I was doing. I pushed, and he went back in a little bit, pushed again and he almost made it, but the ob told me to pause as I would have had a 3rd degree tear. He said that he recommended an episiotomy, and I said "whatever, just get it out!" I stopped looking, he made a little cut, which I didnt even feel, and then the next contraction out popped the head and he urged me to keep pushing, as DH said the cord was around his neck, but as the neck popped out the Ob flicked the cord out of the way, then, he slid out and they plopped him onto my chest, a warm, slippery, pink, grey, vernix covered ball of gorgeous baby! I was awestruck! A very cathartic song by Feist, 'Lover's Spit' was playing, the sun was ********* in the window, and bubby was rooting around for my breast, DH was hovering over so proud and excited you could see him BEAMING! I was in disbelief and so happy! Finally DH asked what we got, (it hadnt even occured to me!) and the ob had a look and we saw that he was definately a gorgeous little boy! Owen lay there on my chest, looking around, squawking, and having a tiny little breastfeed with the help of the middies, so I didnt really notice as I delivered the placenta and they stitched me up again. We both started calling him Owen right away, though we hadnt really had the name discussion, it seemed to fit. DH was awesome throughout it all, he didnt leave my side, and counted me through every contraction, rubbed my back and encouraged me through the hardest parts.

So there ya have it the mammoth birth story of Owen Jacob Lee!!

Ill be back to update you on the first week and a half of Owen's life, I just gotta go give him a feed now xxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your birth story Winzy - I have a little tear in my eye!!! It's just such an amazing experience!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX! Hope your 2nd birthday is fun and exciting and you get lots of cake and presents!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigemini View Post
    At drs have uti feel crap.
    Oh Kiwi that sucks hope you feel better soon

Winzy - what a fantastic birth story!! Oh thats a birth story I long for next time!!!! I had the cervical lip that would go back either but my OB wouldnt push it back or let me push through it she wanted it to go naturally, well A kept pushing down but couldnt get through so the lip swelled up and ended in a c-section. The more people I hear like you who get to push through it the more I think if the OB tells me not to next time, TOO BAD!!!!!

Ive stuffed up my neck, cant turn my head bahhhh!! Was out walking A yesterday with the pram, went to look down and couldnt move my head. Got an awful pain across my back, now it feels like Ive slept really bad and cant turn my neck.. ahh well heat packs and deep heat are now my friends!!! Went to TTP this morning, Colorado are having a 50% off sale cos they are closing down I got 2 bags for $40. Had a voucher to use up in Pumpkin Patch and had seen a jacket I wanted for A, got there and they were 30% off (woohoo!!), bought some clothes for me in Kmart with a gift voucher I had and the guy on the the checkout forgot to scan one item (I didnt realise till after I got home!) so it was a bargain shopping trip all round only spend $40 and and came home with heaps!!!
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 17-06-2011 at 13:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nawwww just bawled my eyes out reading Winzy's birthing story, that's the first one I've ever read. Talk about amazing and emotional!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Happy Birthday to Max!! . Hope he's having a great day LM and hope it's actually been a good day all round for you all!

Winzy.......wow what an amazing birth story!! I had a tear in my eye! Owen almost joined your dinner party! . Sorry to hear that he's been a bit unsettled.....hope that stage passes soon for you but i do remember clearly how much C just wanted to play at 2/3am in the morning for a few hours! he wasn't crying as such.....he just wouldn't go back to sleep! Hope the feeding is going well and that you are enjoying all those baby cuddles!!

Digby.....sorry to hear Z is still in pain! the poor little girl. she's had a rough start and i hope that she heals 100% very quickly and that this pain can all be over soon! As said above, i remember very well how much C wouldn't go back to sleep overnight. But they definetely dont know night from day so it just takes a little extra persistence. As for the formula, go on the advice that Waiting and LM and others have said because C used to get formula overnight and i think that's why my milk dried up sooner than i had thought and it actually made me quite upset. if you did want to try formula for any of the feeds then i suggest NAN HA Gold as it's meant to be the closest thing to breastmilk and C has never had any issues at all on it. dont do formula unless you absolutely want to.

Waiting.....hope your neck/back etc gets better! that sort of pain really sucks! nice work with the shopping tho!! I bought a few things yesterday and found that i got charged 3 times for the one top so today i went and returned a couple things and went to get the refund for the 2 extra charges.....and when i got home i realised that they refunded ALL 3 of the charges for the 1 top.....so really....i got that one free! . Hope A and her teeth are ok!!

Kiwi.....UTI....ouch! . Hope you are ok and that it clears up very soon!

Hi to the rest of you!!

Have got less than an hour before I go pick up C from childcare and i've got some housework to be finishing.....joy....just exactly what i would like to be doing with my 'relax' time! Back to work on Monday!