+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, I'm still keen for tues morn like last week if its still a plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning!! Needing some advice...

A has been put on antibiotics as she has been unwell. Shes having amoxycillin which apparently she has had before but it seems different (different bottle, must be a different suspension liquid cos it smells completely different!) and she started it on Fri night. Had a dose Fri night, sat morning and sat night. Went to change her nappy yesterday morning and she had a rash all over her chest. Stopped the medicine for 24hours, rash gone??!! Ive read online there can be a rash to this medicine which is a side effect, not an allergy but there is ALSO an allergy rash.... Cant find any info on how to tell the difference apart from see your doctor... She wasnt itching or anything actually didnt seem to notice it at all. Im not sure whether to start giving her the anti-bs again or not???? Thoughts?? I think Ill try to book her back in to the docs tomorrow to ask (GRRR Another doctors appt!!!) but probably fat chance of actually getting an appointment.....

Hope you are all having a great long weekend. Walkies tomorrow??!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Waiting - No idea???? Can you ring the after hrs locum, do they work public hols???? Worse case scenario you can go to the Modbury clinic. I go sign in and ask how long the wait is and usually go home for another hour, and if I'm really cheeky I ring them and ask where in the queue I am before I head back. I'm not hanging around with all those sick people. They have heaps more Dr's on now, usually 6-9.

I'm in for Tues walkies.

LM - Hope you had a great twin free evening out.

Toy sales - too hard with the older kids, they change their minds all the time about what they want. I leave them closer to Xmas. Sam is getting a sea shell sandpit and a play water trough. Haven't thought of much else, will have to wait for the catalogues.

Haven't read far back, hope everyone is good. Shy - sorry to hear Samuel is still being a rascal in the sleep department.

MG - I was just thinking, have you been more tired since stopping the pred. It knocked me for 6, I was so tired and got quite down about it. I HATE pred, but man, I gets heaps done when I'm on it, just like the energizer bunny.

Had a fabulous night out, and stayed in bed until 1.30pm the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sunday we took the kids to Dundees wildlife park then dropped P&J off at MILS for the night. S went to bed at 5.45pm, DH and I had a candle light dinner and a very romantic evening. And S woke at 5.30am, DH gave bottle and we all slept until 8am! Awesome weekend! Doing some yard work today before P & J come home....................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh H had the same thing with the same stuff I'm pretty sure. He ended up in a rash from top to toe almost. We took him to W&C at the time and stopped medication and won't be giving it to him again as he is allergic to it. Stupid dr that gave it when we went back initially when it wasn't working we were told to up the dose and that is when rash started. Hope A better soon xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting.....oh no, poor little lexi! i agree with kiwi, go book yourself in at the modbury clinic and then go back home for a bit. at least you know you will get seen today and can get some advice! Did you end up going out lastnight?

Shy...sorry, should've responded lastnight about your post, sorry to hear you're still having trouble with S sleeping. Have you tried grobags or sleeping bags with arms and attached mittens? are his hands cold?? i find that charlie wakes up if his hands are cold so that's why i buy onsies with mittens or sleeping bags with arms and mittens. Good work on the solids too!! try sweet potato! he might like that. apparently they like the sweet stuff best. The only things i haven't had success with so far is potato and zucchini but i just need to try different combos i think.

Kiwi.....glad you had a good night out with your friends and had such a stress-free weekend!! just what the dr ordered, hey!

MA....glad all is going well with the boys apart from the little bit of biting. i've changed to talking in 'months' too! Ive forgotten how many weeks he is, i actually have to refer to my BH ticker to find out how many weeks he is! Sounds like you've got him sleeping well! nice work!

LM.....your twin-free evening with max sounded absolutely lovely! i'm sure he was so grateful to have the quality time with you guys!!

Yep, i'm still on for the walk tomorrow. same time, same place? altho, did we say 9am this time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - just a quickie to let you all know i'll be missing the walk tmrw - seem to have got my tonsillitis back and have an earache now too. max at daycare so will let brett get him ready and i'll stay in bed with the babes and catch up on some rest. Ive promised myuself i'll not be out of my jammies tmrw and nap at every sleep they do

Just pottering around today, packed up 3 boxes of baby clothes, a but sad i'll never have tiny people to fit in to them again just about to put it all up for sale on baby bargains, not holding on to it 'just in case'.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks guys, will see how A goes this afternoon, Ive noticed the rash is still on her back and some around her feet, very faint around her tummy. She doesnt seem fussed at all so might hold off till I ring the docs tomorrow rather than trying to deal with Modbury today (I always have SUCH a bad experience with them!!)

Yep I think we said 9am for walking tomorrow, except I will be late Ill be glued to a computer waiting to see where in the S/East Im heading for my final prac... I think they go online at 9am.... NERVOUS much??!!!!

Oh LM just saw your post, bummer about the tonsilitis (thats what A has too) hope you are feeling better soon. Saw your posting on ABB, auughh where do the newborns go it goes waaay to quickly!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM - Sorry to hear your unwell.

We can make it 9.30am if that would suit better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Just a quick one. I'm still not feeling the best either so will skip the walk tomorrow. I couldn't sleep last night as my throat and ear were so sore. The same thing perhaps LM. Anyway enjoy the walk girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM and Rach.....hope you guys feel better soon! sorry we dont get to see you tomorrow!

Waiting and Kiwi....i'm happy with 9.30 if that works better for you. i'm baby-free tomorrow!