+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    None taken (Im a social worker ) Social workers have their place, and it really depends who you get, their knowledge and experience. Counselling Vs "Advice" - very different. Counselling to debrief from trauma/incident can be very different from social worker support/advice. But yes I agree theres some pretty cr@p social workers out there. Myself though, Im just fantastic

Target sale - not sure which one you are talking about, I just looked on their website and there's no reference to the toy sale yet. TRUST me you wont miss it, Target will usually create major fanfare and countdown for weeks before hand, A was OBSESSED with the Target Toysale adverts on TV last year!!!
    Woops, I forgot about that Waiting!!! glad you're not offended! I agree, I have had some debriefs in my work which have been very good, but the ones I've come across for personal stuff haven't been real flash!

Thanks for letting me know about Target. Mum had a catalogue the other day and had some toy specials, so I just wanted to make sure I didn't waste $$!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i just saw a toy sale ad - 19days to go.......sh!t, they really know how to sucl us mummies in hey? as soon as i saw it i raced to the letter box to see if any catalogues had arrived

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All
    Kmart starts 30 June!! From memory they are on at similar time but one is later than the others (target I think??) which is annoying cause you don't know if their specials will be better or worse!! Also make sure you go in the first week as second week they often sell out of the stuff you want and most don't talk rain checks - have a long story with the trikes car (although happy ending as I got it for $40 - bargain!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh, take rain checks ;-) stupid phone (or stupid fingers using phone)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All well with us (thanks Lisa for asking - takes me forever to respond!) Charlie is now 2.5 months - see I've converted to months now from weeks! He is a cutie but I am not biased of course! Can't complain about sleeping - sometimes we go through to 7am - sometime 6 but that's ok as DH is up then and does the feed! Its the 4am or 5am ones I do but lately haven't been too often so I'm very happy with that! And at least its only once! DS3 is 90% of the time great with him but there was a biting incident (only once and not too bad - Charlie didn't cry) but he sometimes gets a bit over zealous but it is getting better. I am just trying to keep DS3 busy doing stuff and that definitely helps.
    Hope everyone is keeping well esp those with sick bubs at the moment.xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Shy1 - two babies very exciting yes we had two embryos put back, so knew it was a possibility but (perhaps naively) kinda of thought we would be lucky of even just one to take as we had had two put back before and not had even an inkling of implantation. This was our fourth round of ivf and second fresh transfer. No matter what I just think we are incredibly blessed and it was obviously meant to be this way. WE had single transfers before too that didn't work, so I think these were just the ones we were meant to have

Country chick - glad to hear I'm not the only one who has had an omg moment when finally getting a bfp. I think I'd prob be ok if it was just one, but the two thing is daunting me more than I expected. It's still early tho I have ages to get used to it and I honestly would not change it for anything.

Lulus - lol 'what the eff have I done' crossed my mind at one point or another, I think when I was reading about breast feeding two. I think it just takes time to get used to the idea, but it doesn't stop the thrilledness of course it's all part of the change curve I guess!!!

Afm - had a nice lunch out with some friends, had to keep reminding myself I'm only 9 wks and it's not time to tell ppl yet. It was hard tho. They are getting married in late Jan and it flashed through my mind that I'll (all things going well) have two babies by then, two young babies, and how the hell I will manage feeding them at someone else's wedding. Lol. Not to mention how fat I'll be post baby. Oh well, we'll figure it out I guess!! Woke up at 3am this morn nauseas as I sometimes do but no more spewing and I went back to sleep in about forty mins and woke up feeling only a little sick at 7:30 and by lunch I was fine, just starving as usual!! Hd a nice sleep this Arvo too which always helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quick post as im about to serve dinner, 19 days till the Big W Toy sale (saw banners at TTP today). Nothing up yet about Target.

Thanks
    Reviews
    livvy - im smaller now than before i got pregnant so dont think im fat......i actually had to buy a pair of size 10 pant the other day, something i havent done since before i had max...as for feeding, well, just feed one at a time - easy!! or, leave them home with your mum - you can time feeds around the ceremony - pop home to feed, go to the reception and leave ebm -just take a pump with you and pump in the car - it really is easier than you think -just gotta think outside the square

oh yay - toys - who wants to plan a shopping trip - we can all grab a trolley and bowl everyone else out the way of the good stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds good LM!! Oohh I cant wait for the catalogues to come now!!!

We are going out to dinner tonight, its my besties 30th so going in to the city (Lexi free ) was going to let my Dad have her for the whole night but because she has been unwell we will be picking her up later so bummer no sleep in tomorrow... ah well!! LM - good to hear you enjoyed some twin-free time, I know what you mean its awesome to just sometimes have some time out and recharge - makes you miss and appreciate them more too

Hope everyone is keeping warm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All!!

Hope you're all keeping cosy and warm!!

Livvy.....it's so hard to keep your secret when you just want to shout it from the rooftops, hey!! You will feel such relief and even more excitment when you let everyone know!!

Digby....please dont apologise for thinking you may not have the time to post in here! you've got a new adorable baby to goo and gaa over and cuddle and feed til the cows come home!! Look forward to keeping up to date with everyone on FB!!

Just a quick one today! Am about to go through all C's clothes again and make another box....this time mostly of his 000 stuff. he's still in a few 000 but wont be for much longer. he's even gone to 0 for the onsies with legs! as for the legless onsies he's going into 00! oh shyte......i just remembered I have to get him some singlet suits!! bugger!!! sh1t sh1t sh1t!! and there was a good sale on today too! I just went and shopped up big for him.......got 22 items for a total of $127 when the full price would've brought it to $173....so i'm quite proud of my savings!! makes it a total of approx $5.70 per item. Oh, this was from target too! Actually, i got 20 from target and 2 sprout tops for $10 each.

Will keep an eye out for the toy sale!!! yes we must do a shop together altho i have to work so i'd be keen for a midnight whip around when i assume the sale would start??!!!