+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I think it's the week for tears cos I've certainly shed my fair share this week too.

LM - I just got teary again reading your post and with what Max said. It must be hard being the older sibling (im the younger one in our family ) but so worthwhile in the end. He will be so proud of the twins and will love them to bits. I guess it just takes a bit of time and adjusting. It made me think of E though and what she'll possibly go through too (only with one baby though but I'm sure she'll have the same feelings). I'm always asking her to 'Hang on a minute' when she asks me to play because I'm doing the washing or cleaning or cooking or something. Well I'm not going to now. You've pointed out to me how important this time before the next baby comes is. I know you always spent a lot of time playing with Max before the twins came. Anyway, you're doing an amazing job at being a mum to three little ones and I'm sure you're spreading your love and time around as best as you can. As MG said the twins won't know any difference and Max will adjust.

Livvy - I was absolutely starving in the first trimester too. I think it's normal. Eat as much as you need. If you're worried about weight just think snout what it is that you're eating. The hunger will start to disappear a bit as you get further on.

Waiting - Hope A is feeling better tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear, a week of tears alright. I spent most of Saturday in tears, feeling like a failure of a mother and a wife. I think I cried on and off for over 24hrs, it was horrible.
    LM - Try not to be so hard on yourself hunny, you are doing the best you can under the circumstances. Max will adjust, P & J go through phases of disliking Sam, in fact P barely acknowledged S in the early days. P now adores him and J is "sick" of him, " cause he gets in my stuff and is annoying now he walks". In time Max will have SO much fun with his younger siblings, I promise you that. I'm so glad you and Max got to have some together time and as MG said the twinnies don't know any better. It's early days, a huge adjustment for you all. You are doing a fantastic job.

Waiting, Liv, MG, Lisa - Big hugs for sick babies and frazzled mummies.

Rach - P could not stand J when he was born, but they soon became best buddies and still play beautifully most of the time.

Livvy - What you are feeling is very normal, you have so many mood altering hormones running around your body. I've actually come to love my stretch marks, varicose veins are another story! Don't worry about weight gain, just eat sensibly, if your'e starving, body needs fuel, listen. I found it hard my last pregnancy as I was on steroids and had trouble controlling my eating. I was also dealing with 2 major health issues and kinda found solace in food, (well I couldn't drown my feelings in booze, lol). It's ok to have moments.

We are supposed to be going to PG, but I can't be fagged, might go feed the ducks instead. DH has taken some leave next week, so will be nice to reconnect with him, bit over feeling like I have 4 kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    morning ladies,

yeah you guys are definitely right. I do have to apologise for my long ranty whingey post last night, I think I was just tired and emotional and being a bit silly. I know we'll be able to do it and I'm sure we'll cope with the support of our families. It's not like we're the first people to have ever done it!

9 weeks for me tomorrow, looking forward to getting there... and only a week today until my first appt with my OBGYN. Very nervous about seeing the bubbas again and hoping everything is okay particularly since the m/s hasn't been much and I dont feel very pregnant. Here's hoping it's all okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Livvy - you don't need to apologise. It's huge thing to adjust to. All the best with your OB appt, I'm sure bubs are fine.

Winzy - Sounds like you're happy to be home, I hate being at hospital after having bubs. I have 1 nights sleep, then I'm hassling staff to discharge me. Love the pics on fb, looks like Owen has 1 mighty proud Daddy.

Digby - Hope your 1st night home with Zahli went well. You must be over the moon to have your family all back together again.

Bl00dy Tooth Fairy forgot to visit J the other night, thankfully she got her sh!t together and delivered the $ last night. Getting nowhere today.................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi - that tooth fairy needs a swift kick in a$$

Feeling a bit better today - i guess i compare myself to my sister alot and she always seem to have it together with triplets, yet i cant get my sh!t together with twins. We had planned to go out today but she phoned me last night also having a teary saying she isnt coping and could they just come here instead of going out - funny how that makes you feel better to know that your not the only one going through teh same sh!t. Max at nanas todayso we chucked her boys outside with the toys and cuddled the babes - both had a cry and got over it. have planned a nice night out with the girls weekend after next - TBH brett can suck it up with teh kids for the night - i do it all bluddy week so he can do one night. We're getting dolled up and out for dinner and drinks, cant wait Maybe we need to arange something too, sounds like we all need a break and opportunity to re-appreciate being SAHM's

Livvy- i had the same fears in pregnancy, but its so out of your control so you just have to go with it. Take each day one at a time and dont spend your whole pregnancy worrying about what might happen. This is nowhere near as bad as i thought it would be, but i stressed all the way through pregnancy - to the point i told my DH that they werent coming out EVER, i just refused to give birth to them at one point. you will have good and bad days like everyone else, but the beauty of the girls here is we all understand that you can love you kids more than anything at the same time as having your bad moments where you wish things were different. No one here ever questions how much our kids are loved and wanted even when we whinge about it i guess - we know excatly what you are going through so stop apologising - i guess thats why i love this thread so much, liek yesterday i said i wish the twins were singletons, any other thread would have bitten my head off for being ungrateful or some such rubbish IYKWIM i like to think this is a totally safe place where i can vent away when i need to as well as offer support for others - i love it here

Rach - yep, the tiem you have with emi is precious, everything else can wait -10 weeks left just with her mum isnt long so make some beautiful memories with her now. Its good for you to look back on during teh hard days too - makes you remeber why you do what you do xx

MG - bah - housework, i feel really unsettled when the house isnt clean and tidy so i know how you feel. Just pay someone to do it for you if you cant get on top iof it, you'll feel so much better

Lisa - whats up? you have so much on in the next few weeks maybe cancel a day and chill with charlie bear xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kiwi - yep - the tooth fairy - what a slack a$$!! Glad she came through with the goods in the end!!

Livvy - yep - no need to for apologising here. Sorry if you took us the wrong way. We all meant we get you! We always go into this, all guns blazing to get a baby, and then when we finally get pregnant, then we have to come to the realisation this is happening. I def had that feeling with DS1 and this pregnancy! I can't imagine how you would feel with twins. It's a lot of adjusting and responsibility! BTW - I think if you have had a few chucks with this pregnancy, you can say you have had symptoms!! I have never chucked with this or my last pregnancy.

LM - thanks hun. It was a momentary feeling, and I am fine! The place is more messy than anything. I start to pack something away and Spencer is right there after me taking it out again. I am feeling better from this cold, so i think I will be able to start to get on top of things again!!
    Oh - and I'm so glad your sister was struggling yesterday You are doing a great job. I don't think we can ever really compare ourselves to others. Circumstances are always so different. Remember, she has trips, but you have twins and a cyclone to run after!

Kiwi, Rach and everyone else who has cried this week - big fat hugs to you all.

Rach - not even 10 weeks - is that right?? I think you are being done in 6 weeks???? E will adjust too. Lots of cuddles and playtime for her now!

Waiting - how is A????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All!

Big hugs and lots of drinks to everyone feeling down this week! seems to be alot of us!!

Livvy.....vent away and let out all your concerns and worries and feelings and etc cos it's all normal and no-one is judgemental. Try not to worry too much about the weight gain because it's all part of pregnancy and it's not fat, it's a baby (in your case, 2 babes) and alot of us have found that the weight drops off really really quickly after birth. seriously, my weight was gone within the first month or less!! couldn't believe it. Try and eat healthy and hopefully you'll feel better about it. Get used to the hunger, man i was a garbage guts when preg and i ate anything and everything that i was allowed to! if you're hungry then eat, even if it's just a piece of fruit or cheese and crackers or something healthy anyway. You will be fine with twins and you will be even better knowing you have support around you. Will be a shock to the system i could imagine but you will get through because you're a strong woman who has wanted these babes forever and with that you want to give them the best you can and we're sure you will! just means you also get double the baby cuddles!!

LM....glad you are feeling a bit better today and was able to have a cry with your sister! always makes you feel better to know that you're not alone and that everyone understands. We all put this pressure on ourselves to be perfect and deny that we have any troubles. but we're allowed to have our down days and we're allowed to be upset and etc but with a good chat and a good drink we get through it! .
    I was in tears all yesterday and lastnight and i've only got one bub!! I think i get worse when DH is away cos he went yesterday and is coming back sunday evening. it's only cos we already had these flights booked so he could go "visit his mum" but now she's gone he may as well still have used the flights to go see his brothers instead of wasting the flights. C gave me a crappy day! I had a playdate with my friend in the morning and then for the avo he was absolute cranky bum! if he wasn't sleeping he was crying and so was i! i tried to sleep when he did but the first 'sleep' i just tried and couldn't and then the 2nd 'sleep' i just cried into my pillow. Then I met my friend for a coffee at TTP about 4.30 and I ducked in to see my sis there first and i burst into tears and then i went to my coffee date and again burst into tears! and then lastnight went to bed and cried for god knows how long and only ended up having 4 hours sleep! I guess i just feel i want a break and i only have one bub and then i feel guilty for wanting that break because i feel like i dont appreciate being a mum and having a gorgeous wonderful little boy. I had my sis stay with me lastnight (cos i cant be alone at night when DH is away) and C was awake about 6.30am and i tried to get him back to sleep for at least an hour but he wasn't having a bar of it, he just wanted to talk and i just wanted sleep. my sis must've heard him too and she got up and played with him for an hour or so while i went back to bed but i cuoldn't manage to get back to sleep, but i did just take the time out and lucky i did cos i could feel tears again when i was first up with him but i didn't show her i had those tears. maybe i want my quiet newborn back who never cried! . I guess i also just dont cope well when DH away interstate. and i guess crying to myself is my only way of letting it out to myself and not to anyone else incl C.
    Today is a different story! he's not cried and he's been a gem! but i took him to childcare cos he's booked in for fridays and i felt a bit sad that i took him there when all i wanted to do was cuddle my happy chatty boy!

MG.....hope you are feeling better today! you're not a failure! sometimes it's hard to get everything done when you have a toddler who just wants your constant attention. i've felt like that with C and it's hard to get anything done. I tell you what tho, this bloody dust! where the F does it come from???!!! We vaccuum once a week and the dust makes it look like we never dust!!! Hope S is ok!!

Rach.....glad the others have been able to shed some experience on how older siblings adjust both negatively and postively. It will just take some time and getting used to but i'm sure E will be smitten first and hopefully get used to it in no time!

Kiwi.....did you go feed the duckys?? hope you have some nice quality time with DH next week!!

Winzy....glad to hear you are home and doing well! just ignore those hospital staff! some of them just make you feel bad for no reason and probably need more of a life themselves! i'm sure you're doing a fabulous job!

Digby....hope your first night with Zahli went well!! I bet you can't keep her out of E's arms!!

Hi to the rest of you! apologies for the ramble above, was just one of those days yesterday i think! seems we all understand and experienced it! Hugs to all those that need them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    moongazer - oh no, I didn't think any of you thought I should apologise, I just felt stupid when I woke up this morning and a bit selfish for such a long self pitying rant lol. I blame it on hormones I'm scared of course but last night I felt completely panicked. Must have just been a moment!! You're probably right, I probably have been symptomatic, I've chucked 4 times over the last couple of weeks, it's just when I have these days where I dont feel much of anything I go into a tailspin and think WHY DONT I FEEL PREGNANT?? hehe.

Lulus - you're right, this is a lovely and supportive group to be a part of. I felt guilty even typing my post last night as I remember when I was going through IVF how much I would have given ANYTHING to be pregnant, with one baby, two.. four, five, TEN lol just to be pregnant!! And then I get 9 wks in and I'm ranting on about how afraid I am.. I felt a bit selfish for it when so many people are still in their battles to conceive at all. I also felt like uttering the words out loud that I'm afraid of having twins meant that the universe was going to strike me down for being ungrateful and make something happen to one/both of them. I'm a bit superstitious and always worry about jinxing myself. At 9 wks I'm still so far from convinced that these babies will stick and come all the way with me. I'm hoping and praying so much that they do though. I feel lucky to have a place like this to come and share my fears and concerns and ask advice though. While Im at it, can I ask what kind of twin pram you got?? Wow I just read about your sister having triplets, wow that's amazing! My aunt has triplets but I was very young when they were born so can't imagine what that would be like!

kiwi - hope you're right and all goes well at the OB next friday, counting down the days, this time next week is the exact time of the appt. can't wait to get there honestly!! Maybe THEN this will start feeling real!!

AFM - had some gelati at lunch time and boy did it perk me up a lot!! amazing how something yummy can make you feel infinitely better about the world lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not just the tooth fairy, freaking Easter bunny forgot to show up the year Sam was a newborn!

Waiting - Hope A's feeling better today.

Lisa - Are you feeling down about work? What's wrong chicky?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySchnitzel View Post
    Livvy.....vent away and let out all your concerns and worries and feelings and etc cos it's all normal and no-one is judgemental. Try not to worry too much about the weight gain because it's all part of pregnancy and it's not fat, it's a baby (in your case, 2 babes) and alot of us have found that the weight drops off really really quickly after birth. seriously, my weight was gone within the first month or less!! couldn't believe it. Try and eat healthy and hopefully you'll feel better about it. Get used to the hunger, man i was a garbage guts when preg and i ate anything and everything that i was allowed to! if you're hungry then eat, even if it's just a piece of fruit or cheese and crackers or something healthy anyway. You will be fine with twins and you will be even better knowing you have support around you. Will be a shock to the system i could imagine but you will get through because you're a strong woman who has wanted these babes forever and with that you want to give them the best you can and we're sure you will! just means you also get double the baby cuddles!!
    Oh we must have been posting at the same time! thanks for your thoughts, I'm sooo hoping I'm one of those people the weight drops easily off afterwards but I guess I won't know until I get there!! It sounds so self absorbed to be worried about it, but I've never before been in a situation where weight gain was seen as a necessary thing! Lol. I feel like I've spent half my life working out and eating small meals and watching my weight. It's the strangest thing watching my waistline expand and having no say in it! Food is a bit of an evil to me at the moment, I'm absolutely starving but there seems to be very few things I FEEL like eating.. so when i find something that I don't turn my nose up at (which is invariably ice cream or a muffin lol) I eat it!! My flat stomach has certainly seen better days and I'm only 9 wks lol. I'd love to blame it on babies but I'm not sure I can at this point

In the end, if I had the choice, I wouldn't even consider only having one of these two little growing babies, i want them both, so I think that proves to me that this is just how it's meant to be for me! I would be so upset if anything happened to either one of them. Like you said, it'll be a shock to the system, but without ever having had one baby, here's hoping I just take it each day as it comes and do the best I can