+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 136 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys!

Sorry for my lack of posting yesterday, was at a (totally exhausting) all day workshop for work and couldn't bring myself to come online when I got home last night cos I was pretty tired.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts on the symptom spotting saga. As it turns out I threw up this morning, very randomly and unexpected as I actually woke up feeling fine again and expected another day of no nausea or anything.. so the fact that that happened eased my mind slightly. I mean, nothing ever really eases my mind lol, but as much as anything was going to. Ive felt good all day though, so it was only momentary!

Im closing in on 9 weeks and looking forward to hopefully making another milestone. Amazing how slowly time goes when you're waiting for something to happen (in my case my OB appointment next Friday).

Wish I could give advice on other peoples kids stuff, but I know absoutely nothing!!!! A bit daunting thinking in a years time I'll potentially have 2 five or six month old babies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    D@mn... A is sick AGAIN!!! 4 wake up calls again last night Im so exhausted. She has a temp and her cheeks are blazing red (she never has that) and has just gone down for her 2nd nap today.... Off to the docs for us tomorrow....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor A & Mummy.
    Sam had temps and blazing red cheeks and was really grizzly, not sleeping, couple of weeks back. After a few days he broke out with a rash all over his torso, it's a viral infection, starts with R, rosella (????). Hope whatever it is she's over it quickly, and poor Mummy can get some sleep.
    We have an eye tooth coming through too, not fun.

Livvy - I had barely touched / held, had anything to do with babies before DD was born, talk about clueless! You'll be fine.

Rach - S used to lie sideways, it was so uncomfortable. Hope your Dad's scan went well.

LM - How's Ned? Hope the medicine helped.

Well I'm off to google long division, for the life of me I can't remember how to do it and P needs help with homework.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks girls for your help yesterday in the end i took him to the dr as he was wheezing and sure enough mini C has another chest infection so he is on antibiotic and keeping him rugged up and will drink his bottles now but still a struggle with solids appart from that a real mummys boy (which I Love )

sorry for know personals today exhausted and have to get back to cooper before he screams

Thanks
    Reviews
    W- sorry about A, max has whatever it is too - red cheeks etc, still ok in himself though thank god

Rach - grrrrrrrr, A used to lay sideways too, like a good stretch - totally not comfy for mummy

Liv - poor cooper, hope he feels better soon

Kiwi - i had to learn long div for my nursing exam last year, google maths is fun - great website and has animation of examples, i picked it up again in about 5 mins after watching the videos, of, great to hear S loved occ care, will you take him every week?

Ned had another sh!t night so was glan when the nanny showed up this morning. Took max out to teh park with a picnic morning tea and we had a ball running throuh leaves etc. When it was time to go the poor mite burst in to tears and said 'no more babies' which of course broke my heart, so mummy cried too. i know all older siblings go through periods of disliking their younger brothers and sisters, but im so emotional and tired is getting to me, have bawled on and off day. I know i love them and want them, but sometimes i wish they had of been born as singletons and not multiples, feel like i dont give enough of me to each of babies, always rushing through things and making them wait as something else has to be done. We agreed to hire a private nanny to give me more alone time with max - i dunno - then i feel like the twins are missing out or just being left out - big adjustment going from one baby to 3..............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All!

Liv.....hope C feels better soon! I Was going to suggest you get him checked for a cold or something cos he sounded like what charlie was doing the days before he got sick. hope it all clears up soon!

Waiting....bugger about A being sick!! Hope she gets over it quickly and you can all get some happy times back!!

Livvy....dont worry about not posting every day! we dont all do it every day! There are days when no-one posts! Yep, the waits to each pregnancy milestone are frustrating but stay positive the whole time and you'll get yourself through.

Kiwi.....i'm no help in anything maths! haha! hope you get it sorted tho!

Rach....glad all is going well for you! been thinking of you and your family and hope that things improve for your dad!

LM....your day with max sounded so lovely!! so nice that you could set aside that quality time with him! Dont worry, you're not neglecting either team (team 1 = max and team 2 = twins). You're doing the best you can for them and spreading your love and time the best you can!! I've had many many many tears myself today! we're allowed those days of doubting ourselves but we just have to hope that the next day is a new and better day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby: Hi there hun I do hope that you are doing okay that sounds like such a full on thing to go through I hope that both you and Zahli have some time to bond now that you are home and can relax. Hope that you are feeling a bit more positive too. Did you end up having a night with the middies handy in your room? Was it helpful ?
    LM: Hi hun sending you lots of hugs sounds like a bit of a tough time for you atm. Sleep deprivation is a cruel thing and can make things really hard to cope with. You are doing a great job as a mum looking after your family - they all know you love and care for them. Hopefully Ned’s reflux gets better so you can get some more sleep and things will get a bit easier for you… Owen sounds very similar with the reflux and similar behaviours… xoxo
    AFM: Sorry not a lot of time for personals… will just give you a quick update. We are home now after spending sat – wed in hospital. To tell the truth we were kinda glad to leave as we got so much conflicting advice re letting bubs sleep / feed times / time at breast / settling…
    In hospy DH and I were determined to try and settle him ourselves so we didn’t have much sleep at all while we were there. I had the blues (milk coming in / no sleep) pretty bad on Wednesday and was freaking out about not being able to cope at home so cried all the way home – (also partially cos one of the middies basically told me I was doing it all wrong with her comment “I don’t know what you’re doing wrong but I got him to sleep in 5 minutes” this was when Owen had just had a feed and had fallen asleep on my lap anyway grrrr then she said to me “are you sure you want to go hoime today you don’t want another night here?” Thanks for the vote of confidence lady! Grrr Anyway sorry bout that…
    Owen is an absolute cutey patootie and we have just been going and gahing over him all day. I had a decent nights sleep last night which has made all the difference. He loves his little room – it seems to calm him and loves looking around at all the stickers and toys and the light in there. BF is going quite well, though he has started to take a bit longer to want to attach so we play and do the baby led attachment thing to calm him before a feed which seems to help.
    Owen seems to have a bit of a reflux problem poor little mite and screamed from about 2 – 6 am in hospital not sure what made the difference last night as he slept 4 hourly blocks which was amazing. We have been waking him 3 - 4 hourly for feeds as he sleeps all day.
    I will write back with birth story later must go eat tea now before feed then HOPEFULLY a decent nights sleep!! (not counting my chickens though!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow - it must be the day for crying! I had a few tears today, feeling like a real failure. I've been sick recently, and have managed to get nothing done. For 3 months I've been barely surviving at home. The house feels like a bomb site, I never seem to get to the washing, and Spencer has been so clingy and teary recently and not eating properly. Dh reminded me that this is all circumstantial and the house is not as bad as it seems. S is sick and that's why he's testing.

LM - I think you are doing a fabulous job. This is such a tough time for you. You just need to get over this hurdle. Max will adjust and the twins won't know any different. Good luck honey. We all need to give ourselves a break. You can only do so much, and by getting a nanny you get some max time. Biggest hugs to you.

Hi to everyone else. On phone and knackered. Will try to catch up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, really must be the day for tears, as I've been weepy most of the evening too. Feeling really overwhelmed and scared about the prospect of twins, the more I read in books I think the more afraid I get of how hard it's going to be and how severely it's going to affect my body.

I hate having feelings like that, as I love both my little babies already more than anything and I'd be devastated if anything happened to one or both of them... We spent so much time, emotional energy and went through quite a financial upheaval to get here through the ivf, which we all know about in this thread of course, so I am grateful every day that I am here, nine wks pregnant with two glorious little babies that I sometimes honestly believed I'd never have, despite the fact that DH and I are young and perfectly healthy and with no reason for struggling to conceive. Every day I am thankful that I am here and still pregnant and praying that I dont have another miscarriage. I love these babies more than I ever thought possible when they're just tiny little olive sized beanies.

But at the same time, I'm terrified. It's so different being pg with twins, at least it seems to be from all the books. It's like everything I read about pregnancy suddenly doesn't apply to me because I'm now having twins. People do this every day, ppl have triplets and more for goodness sakes, but still I'm absolutely packing it. I'm only slight, but I'm absolutely starving all day every day, so I feel like already I'm probably piling on the weight even though I vowed that I wouldn't let pregnancy be an excuse to eat. I'm just starving!!! I've never been a person who eats big meals or snacks, until now. Of course what is important is the babies getting proper nutrition but I also don't want to completely blow out myself. I'm scared enough about the after effects of the serious stretching that twins will cause to my tummy and how huge im going to get and how quickly, but I don't want to put myself in for unnecessary weight gain on top of that because im just so stupidly starving. Logically I know I'm being ridiculous, but it's hard to get out of a lifetime mind set that gaining weight is a bad thing.

And the there is after they're born, how the he'll will I do it?? DH will need to be working a lot since I'll not be working, so how will I cope on my own for a good portion of every wk. I have family support but I can only ask so much. It seems like sleep deprivation with one baby is hard enough, how do I manage with two?? I can't even get my head around breast feeding two and how that's going to work!! I'm just, frightened I guess. And they say twins have an increased risk of having disabilities so what if it's not just two babies but two disabled babies that I'm trying to take care of. It's such a stupid worrying negative panicky thing to think but my brain keeps harping on all the possibilities. I wish I wasn't such a worrier.

After all that is said and done, when it comes down to it there is nothing sweeter than knowing I am finally going to be a mother (if all goes well) after the long time it took for us to conceive and how much we have wanted this.. and I couldn't be happier or feel more blessed because of it. I know I sound like a whinging ***** but I guess it's just fear...can I do it???I think I'm just hormonal emotional and overwhelmed by some of the reading I've done tonight, I'm probably being silly...
    Last edited by Livvyloo; 09-06-2011 at 21:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Livvy - eat if you are hungry. It will subside.
    You will cope. You need to talk to some people who have had twins. My brother had twins. They coped just fine. You will get lots of support too. Not brushing over it. It's normal to have these fears though.
    I used bio oil and had no stretch marks. My brothers partner used an oil on her tummy and had no stretch marks despite having twins. Do some research. You have us to ask and we can point you in the right direction.
    I think there is a multiple thread in the general pregnancy section. May be worth checking out. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub