+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 136 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Winzy - you're not supposed to be here now. It does sound like things will happen very soon though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy.....we're all stalking you! ! hope you got your hospy bag ready and your waxing complete cos you're having a baby this weekend!

Rach....thinking of you and your family. Hope all is ok with your dad.

Waiting.....well done on the prac finsihing and continuing to help them when they need! that's very loyal of you! Hope you had a fantastic last day on actual prac duty!

LM....hope you got some sleep today!

Hi to everyone else!!

Lots of happy dancing around here today! Charlie is on the mend and is recovering well from his virus! dr is very happy that it didn't turn into bronchiolitis! He has only been having maybe 250mls max the last few days and hasn't had solids since last saturday. BUT, he has had all his bottles since 10pm lastnight (only 130mls at a time mostly - but better than what it was) and today he had yoghurt so i'm very pleased! He will be back at childcare on monday.....probably to pick up something else! . Dr was very pleased tho and has monitored him very well! so glad i found our awesome dr!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy - oh bugger, i thought you must have been in labour already! Oh well, sounds like it's on it's way

Lulusmum - omg will i ever have sooo many questions for you!!! I can't even imagine what it's going to be like at this point. It's my first pregnancy so even the pregnancy bit is all very new to me - let alone MULTIPLE pregnancy. I don't know when to expect to start showing (like earlier cos it's twins I guess?), how massive I should expect to get, at how many weeks will I start feeling like i'm lugging around 2 watermelons and feeling exhausted, will twins mean that even by 20 wks I'll be completely shagged all the time and barely able to move? how hard breast feeding is with two, how different the birth is.. what it's like having TWO newborns.. is it impossible or can it be done without going crazy?! Lol.. what things do I need 2 of.. lol the list is endless!!!

Ladyschnitz - glad to hear charlie is on the mend hooray! charlie is on my list of boy names actually, love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy.......was just popping in with hope you haven't done a post as your busy doing more important things!! What do you mean by 10's? I'm confused?? It does sound like bubs will be here by Saturday evening at the latest!! Wishing you the best for a quick & not too painful birth xxx

AFM....well we finally DTD last night to (try) & help things move along. Then last night I couldn't sleep a wink & was then getting worried as I felt no movement so in the morning I had an iceblock to see if that would get her moving which it didn't so after I took E to school I went to the assesment unit for reasurrance bubs is ok. (I'm constantly worrying somethings going to go wrong & just want bubs in my arms NOW so I know everythings ok) I think it's mainly because we've been wanting this for soooo long which I'm sure you can all relate to & understand. Anyway, bubs heartbeat is perfect phew, though they did leave me on the machine for an hour & half as she was sleeping but eventually the bottle of water & a glass if icy juice woke her up. I was having tightenings 5 mins apart which were getting stronger as time progressed but Unfortunatly not ouchy eneough! The nurse told me this could continue right up until when I get induced Sunday so not to get too excited, just to keep an eye on whether they get more painful. But she thinks the chemical in the sperm has DEFINATLY helped things along. Apparantly the contractions I'm getting are more than BH's but not proper labour, somewhere in-between. Winzy, yours seem quite ouchy which is good, hope they get stronger & you have bubs in your arms tomorrow! I've also had no blood just the mucus show (sorry for TMI) a few days ago but apparantly you can get that weeks before the birth! Thank goodness I'm being induced Sunday afternoon otherwise I truely think bubs would be staying putt for another ten days lol!!

Livvyloo......I can imagine how many questions would bs going through your mind being first pregnancy & especially so having twins. I can't answer your questions on twins etc but all I can suggest is just go with it & as it's your first pregnancy you won't have anything to compare or to compare having just one baby to feed, look after etc so you won't really know any different. You will be fine & where all here to answer any questions if we can help xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Just quick as family is in meltdown mode.

Winzy - So freaking exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a little jealous, I never went into labour all by myself. Hoping for a good birth experience for you, not too ouchy. I vote GIRL!!!

Digby - Thank goodness bubs was just having a snooze. Come on baby girl!!!!!!

Rach - Hope your Dads appt went well, so sorry about the dx.

LM- Hope the drugs are doing their job, let me know if you need help.

Waiting - You did it!!!!!!!!!!!

Livvy - Did I say welcome???

Lisa - Good to hear C is on the mend.

Sam is booked into occasional care, on my birthday. Seemed really nice, I felt very comfortable with the setup and really close to home. P has been home sick the last 2 days and J has been having issues at school. I now have to see the teacher every Friday for a check in. Doing some major changes at home, parenting etc, so we see an improvement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kiwi -drugs are working finally confirmed by the fact i just found my purse in the freezer in other words im high as a kite......

digby - come on bubba, we want to know your name already!!!!

Livvy - i didnt start to show with my twins until after 12 weeks and it was my second pregnancy so i guess not all twin mums pop out straight away. By 20 weeks i was feeling great, by 30 i was ready to throw in the towel, but that said i still had good days. I guess i was at home with a toddler though so had the luxury of a nap every day when he napped, much different experience if you are employed i guess. All the women in my twin mum group were advised to stop work by 24 weeks to rest up, good idea i reckon as you'll not be getting much rest once they are here. My births were very different as i had a natural vaginal birth for my first son, but an emergency section for the twins. i was booked for a induction with a veiw to delivery vaginally with the twins but had a placental abruption the week prior and twin b (aka annabelle) was breech so section it was. If you have an idea of the type of birth you want you will need to start questioning obs now though, many still only do routine sections and not many will attempt vaginal delivery if twin b is breech - mine only agreed to vaginal birth if both head down and engaged with a compulsory epidural in and working - every ob is different so start looking now. Ummmmm, i guess every new mother will have her own issues with feeding at one point or another, can be supply related, latch issue whatever...I personally find it no more difficult it just takes longer - and one of my bubs has a tounge tie so she sucks differently and my other bub was just diagnosed with reflux - so different issues to my first experience - just get as much education early on as possible and make sure you birth in a breastfeeding accredited hospital - i didnt and found i didnt get alot of support with my desire to breastfeed exclusively. You will need two of mostly everything cots, car seats etc. The only thing we have 2 of that i find we dont use are 2 bouncers and 2 swings - just one of each is enough as you can swap them around. Its not impossible, i dont think i have gone crazy but i have alot of help and am very organised (im a routine nazi), that makes it doable - you'll be fine

OMG - all 3 in bed by 7:40 on friday night, crack out the ice cream already!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Winzy - I think you are having contractions! It's about to happen I think! I vote girl. She's making it painfully drawn out!! Lol

Livvy - I'm no expert on twins either, but I like what digby said. Also, each pregnancy is different. LM pregnant with twins was smaller than one of my bff, with a singleton pregnancy.

Kiwi - enjoy having s in occ care. Hope all gets better with j for you all.

Rach - hope all was ok today. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooh Winzy not long!!! Hope things are progressing for you!! Take it easy and conserve your energy - pre-labour and labour can take a while!!! Im hanging for news!!

Digby - a TENS machine is used for pain relief. Not long now for you either!!

LM - Cheeky Ned!!! Cant wait to catchup soon and see the twinnies again Ill be they have grown so much! Will bring the swing to you, can maybe do Mon or Fri next week?

Lisa - Good to hear C is on the mend!

Kiwi - yay its drinkies time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like the kids are keeping you on your toes, hope you get some improvements soon

Livvy - I had 101 questions when I got preggas, Ill bet being a first time pregnancy with twins you'll have double that!!

Well I finished prac today WOOOHOOOO!!! Got really spoilt, the dept manager said some lovely things to me at a farewell morning tea for all staff, then she put on a lunch for just the teachers in our dept and gave me a pressie to say thanks, it was awesome Im actually going to miss being there every day!!! Got an essay due Mon then nothing now until my final prac in the S/E. Cant wait for the holidays, Bring it on I say!!!

Unfortunately A isnt well Eye tooth coming through, her cold has come back and she has an awful cough, if she doesnt improve over the weekend its off to the docs again for us. We havent had a full night's sleep in weeks, we were up at least 7 times last night, averaging 4 wake ups per night so all of us are exhausted and with prac Im surprised I stayed awake in classes!! Dosed her up with nurofen and cough medicine tonight, fingers crossed..

Hope everyone is well Hi to anyone I missed
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 03-06-2011 at 20:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, just wanted to pop in and say hi! I just had my 12 week scan today and all looked good so I am taking the plunge and we are going to tell everyone this weekend, I also want to get this thread added to my list of participated ones. Look forward to getting to know you all better :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome and congrats MaybeBaby!!