+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigemini View Post
    Oh Liv, I hope I didn't upset you with my comments about sleeping bags, it wasn't directed at you, more at the SIDS people. I'm so sorry if my wording upset you.
    Take break if that's what you think you need to do, but don't be a stranger for too long, we'll miss you. I hope things settle down with C soon, you've both been through so much.
    My thoughts exactly. Liv I hope you didnt take offence at my comment about the sleeping bags, like Kiwi I am more confused at some of the information and recommendations given out by SIDS (not just on sleeping bags/ grobags but other items too) as a friend of mine is an Ambulance officer and pointed out some interesting facts to me that makes some SIDS product recommendations obselete. So I guess although I respect what they are trying to do, I find some of the products endorsed (I feel and its ONLY my opinion Im no expert!) are simply gimmiks out there to get vulnerable caring mums to fork out more money, when in fact cheaper products or not using the product recommended would be just as suffice. I am completely for awareness about SIDS and potential dangers, just some of the product endorsement confuses me Hope that makes sense.

I really hope that you are doing ok though, I understand the need for time out from Bubhub land, Ive done the same previously myself. Take care and keep in touch we love to hear about how you and Mini C are doing xx
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 06-04-2011 at 08:02. Reason: forgot something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning all,

LM - Hope you're not too sore and BF is going well. I'm so happy for you guys. When Waiting text me the news I was leaping around the Dr's waiting room like a loon, I got some strange looks. How's Max finding big brotherhood, not too overwhelming I hope.

MG - Not too long to your scan now. Any "gut" feelings about how many are on board?

Lisa - C done any more rolling?

afm - I had my GYN appt at WCH and my *TMI warning* vjay is pretty much back to normal (well as normal as you can get after pushing out 3 babies), so very happy about that. My pelvic floor muscles are strong and they think my problems are caused by defective collegen???? So its more of a connective tissue thing rather than a weak pelvic floor. The Dr said this all links in with my heart issues and I think, don't quote me but this is the reason for my speedy deliveries. So although PF exercises are necessary, I will run into trouble when I'm older, but we'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
    After that appt, we headed straight to the Dr and sure enough S has an ear infection only 4 wks after his last one. I have to go back to the Dr on Monday to get it rechecked for our flights on Wed. It was a very nasty infection. It's very hard to tell as S doesn't get temps and all his symptoms match teething. In future if teething symptoms coincide with a slight runny nose we will be off to the Dr. This is his 3rd infection in 4mths.
    I fly to NZ in 1 week! Yipee!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning!

LM.....Hope your recovery is going well and life as mum to twins and a toddler is going well! So so happy for you!! ! . Can't wait to hear from you (when you have time) and to hear how it's all going!

Liv....so sorry you feel you want to leave BH for a while. Everyone needs their break once in a while but I do hope you pop back in when you're ready. I thought C was going much better though?? Hope you're ok!

Shy....goodluck with Torrens House! Hope it's helping you and Sam! A lady in my mothers group has a daughter who doesn't like to sleep during the day and i saw how exhausting that can be as we were all at a first aid course on sunday and most of them bought their babies (including this lady) and her daughter was just going and going all day without sleeps but did get very grizzly at times so at the end i missed the last 2 mins of the course and i took this little girl off her mums hands and took her outside to give mummy 10minutes break. Hope his daysleeps improve for you and that TH can help! As for wrapping, well Charlie still loves the wrap-me-ups and i'll keep going with them until he's sick of them. (Waiting, thanks for mentioning that bubs dont need to be wrapped after 3 months, i didn't know that, but, hey, i'm going to keep going as long as he wants it cos he sleeps so well being wrapped (the WMU allows him to sleep in his natural pos with arms up). As for what to dress them in, well for the last few nights we've put charlie in a long sleeve/legless suit and then a wondersuit/growsuit over the top and then into the wrap me up. We then wrap 2 medium thickness blankets around his waist downwards (like another wrap i guess) and then put him in between those safe sleeper thing and he's all snug and warm! i dont believe he's over-warm as we dont have a heater on in his room cos there isn't one in his room so the room can get a bit cooler so as long as he's warmer we know he's ok. plus, he's so snug and warm and on a more comfortable mattress in his cot that he's now started sleeping better nights! woohoo!!!
    Thanks for posting back the wraps, i'll keep an eye out for them. Glad they were of some help to you.

MG.....yay for scan next week!! . I'm thinking double...?

Kiwi......sorry to hear sam is so sick! poor little bubba! . Hope he recovers in time for your NZ trip! musn't be fun for either of you! As for your vjay that's it's back to as normal as can be after 3 babies have gone through it! I dont do PF excercises like i should, i keep forgetting, i hardly did them through pregnancy either but at last check my ob told me they were very tight so i'm taking that as a good thing? . Hope you get to make your NZ trip next week!!

Winzy.....next week your last week of work??

Digby....is it end of next week that's your last weekend too??

Hi to everyone i've missed, Charlie starting to get fidgety so better quickly finish up.

Charlie is going well in his cot. He's sleeping better and we've still had to get up to him with the dummy a couple times but not as much as we had to when he was in the bassinet. He's sleeping from 9-10pm til about 7-7.30am with about 1-2 dummy call-outs so we're happy! Just means now i dont get to sleep in til 9am cos he now wants his feed at 7-7.30 and wont go back to sleep straight after. when he wanted his feed around 5-6am he was back to sleep for another 3 hours! . All good, we're so grateful for the better sleep.
    I bought him a second hand bouncer as well as he was getting bored with his stuff and it's the best money i spent! he loves it!

Anyway, hope you're all going to have a good day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa - C is sleeping better than S atm! Yup, he is one miserable little man, very long days for me. I just keep him drugged up and give lots of cuddles. If I don't see any real improvement in the next couple of days, I'll go back to the Dr early. Great news C likes the cot. Well done on the PF muscles, my issues are more with the tissue that holds the muscles in place. But you must do your exercises!

I forgot to say earlier, I finally got around to contacting the red cross about blood donation. I can't do it! Not ever! Even though I've been in remission for over a year, I'm excluded because it's a blood illness and because it's immune related they don't know what causes it. Fair enough, I would hate to "infect" anyone if it turns out to be caused by a specific virus. And the nurse also said it could trigger a return of my condition, well, we don't want that. Can't help feeling a little rejected and unclean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySchnitzel View Post
    (Waiting, thanks for mentioning that bubs dont need to be wrapped after 3 months, i didn't know that, but, hey, i'm going to keep going as long as he wants it cos he sleeps so well being wrapped (the WMU allows him to sleep in his natural pos with arms up). !
    Waiting....... hope you take no offence to what i just said, sorry, prob came out the wrong way. I mean, thanks for mentioning it about the 'after 3 months' as i never knew that, I would've kept going til he was 5y.o!

Kiwi.....bugger about the rejection! . At least you wanted to help others, just a pity that you can't. Maybe you can find another way to help others? Please give sam big hugs from us too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, kiwi, forgot to answer your question on Charlie rolling, he did heaps of rolls from tummy to back on Monday night which was very exciting! I didn't get to catch it on video though so I tried heaps of times yesterday to get it on camera but of course the little bugger wouldn't roll for me! He doesn't like performing for the camera!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay Kiwi - on going to NZ next week! How is your GF?? Hope Sam finds his groove soon and recovers well and is good as gold fro the flight. Poor little cherub.

Lisa - I thought of you the other day with your PF muscles. i think i would be letting them weaken a little bit from what you said in your previous post months ago!! I remember you had VERY strong muscles and the doc was VERY surprised - and probably had a bruised fnger afterwards as well. Well done C on rolling!

AFM - I think there is 1 in there - but I may be wrong. I have also had a dream it is a , and funnily enough, so did DH. Who knows??? I'm getting impatient for the scan Having a few moments of nausea and getting hungry and also getting pretty tired. I seem to be tucked up in bed by 9/9:30 these days, esp if I don't get a nap in during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi.....I hope S gets better soon & especially so by this time next week. How is DD going? I hope shes feeling better about flying. Sorry to hear you can't give blood. I sort of know how you feel as I have said to myself that once the ivf then pregnancy is all done I too wanted to start donating. I've mentioned it a couple of times to nurses at clinpath who have worked at red cross & they have all said the same thing. A big fat NO as they have eneough trouble getting a small tube full of blood from me.

Lisa......sounds like C is in a really good routine & great to hear he is sleeping well in his cot. Do you have the cot in your bedroom or his nusery? Only asking out of curiosity as once our lil girl grows out of her bassinet (which will be in our bedroom) she will be in the cot. Only problem is it's down the other end of the house. We do have a monitor already & I've also got DDs single bed setup in the nusery so I can sleep down there if she's having a bad night (especially as I dont want her waking up her neighbor DD1) I would probably put the cot in our room but don't think it would fit well. So, just wandering what your doing. Oh, how did you go with all the teddys that you had stored in the cot?
    You've got a good memory Lisa, next weekend will be my last shifts then I go on 3 weeks annual leave followed by m/leave.

Lulusmum......I hope everything is going well & your recovering well, not feeling too sore & the bubs are feeding well & thriving. I keep checking your f/bk page for photos, I can imagine your very tired & busy. Looking forward to hearing how all is going when your up to it. Oh I was just wandering also is Neds middle name after RH? If so that's sooooo nice I can't wait for our lil girl to be born & to visit RH & thank him again for all that he has done

Hi to everyone else

AFM.......had 31.5 week appt yesterday. I've Actually lost a kilo in 3 weeks?? My dr is not concerned tho as my measurements are spot on. It seems I've stacked on the weight from all the medication (trying) to get preggers but luckily have only put on 4 kilos all up since being pregnant.
    My Dr also said there is still a chance for my placenta to move up. My scan is next Monday so will know soon eneough. If it hasnt moved up will DEFINATLY be a c-sect and maybe as early as week 37 (that's only 5 weeks away) The reason they may do it slightly earlier is because I had DD very quick & heamorraged afterwards also so maybe risky to leave it any later incase I go into labour naturally & it all happens too quick when I should be having a c-sect.
    We refunded the Chico pram we purchased as we weren't keen on the keyfit capsule. (going to hire one instead) where now using my Sis-inlaws pram she used for her kids. It's a peg-perego & although 6.5 years old it's been well looked after & is a nice pram. Very light & easy to fold & although it's not new it's still meets all the safety standards. My s/inlaw works at womens in ICU & wouldn't of given it to us if she was concerned about the safety. Although it would be nice to have a brand new pram we just had to get glasses for DD (for reading only) which came to nearly $500 so that's pretty much a big chunk of the money we had refunded from the pram we took back. I'm also thinking if we are lucky eneough to have another baby & because of my age will be hoping it to happen soon eneough we may need a double pram so in a way makes sense so where not spending a heap now then having to buy a double in a year or so IYKWIM. Unfortunatly like alot of us money is tight ATM. Ah well, that's life

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG......I had a dream I was having a girl very early on in the pregnancy also. So maybe like my dream your dream is correct also How wonderful that would be to have one of each But either way it's just as exciting!! Are you going to find out what your having at the 20 week scan? All the best for Monday, enjoy watching bubba on the screen, the 12 week scan is awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG.....i wonder if your dream will come true!! . I had a dream that LM had one of each a couple weeks ago and obviously that came true!

Digby....nice work on the pram, you have to do with what you feel best with. At least you're not out of pocket for a brand new one! . Good work about the weightloss and it not being a bad thing! must make you feel a bit better?
    Charlies cot is in his nursery. It wont fit in our room. His room is close to ours though, well that's what a small house does for you anyway! We have a monitor too.