+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    shy - ask for a referal to the wch dermatology clinic - not many people know about it as it has not much funding and runs infrequently, but i spent a day there when on my prac and it was fabulous - taught parents how to properly apply creams and practical tips for flare ups etc - the nurse that runs it knows everything about skin, shes amazing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LulusMum For This Useful Post:

Shy1  (29-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - Huge to you hun. You and yours are doing it tough atm. I've had a bad week with Sam too, it sucks! I hope now you have some cream for his eczema, it's helps and allows him to sleep more. J used to get eczema, not fun. Hang in there, things WILL get easier, you & DH will regain your relationship. It's so hard in the early years. Sorry to hear things are getting worse for your niece.

Lisa - hope things settle down for you too. It's not just CC, every time I take S to playgroup he gets sick. So frustrating! I hope C is feeling better soon.

Liv - I have a cold atm and feel pretty crappy, will let you know when I'm back in walking mode. Well done on the weight loss.

LM- Your twins are SO gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved catching up with you. Max was super cute with his "Sammy, Sammy". You're looking great too. I won't be putting S into CC, too expensive, I can't justify the cost atm. Thank god it's cheaper once I'm studying! Must put his name down though.

Can't wait for the baby news...................................

Hi Paul.
    Must go S has just finished a 40 min nap.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwigemini For This Useful Post:

Shy1  (29-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    kiwi - cc is expensive, have you looked in to occassional care for a break -i think its quite cheap and more like a playgroup without mum there, apparentley ingle farm has a good one. Alternatively we can just set up a regular play date, sam and max got on great - max even woke up and went from room to room shouting out for 'my sammy' very adorable

we just went out this morning for a stride around mawson lakes and a coffee at the boat deck -if anyone wants to meet up for a walk and coffee that might be a good spot to go, if anyone is keen i'd be interested in going on fridays - a few laps around the lake and then reward ourselves with a coffee and cake - sounds good to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy.........I'm heaps sorry to hear S has got bad eczema. My poor sister has the worst case of it I've ever seen, especially as a baby & growing up. Mum took her to see so many different doctors over the years & apart from the usual, don't use soap or washing powder & being prescribed different creams that helped to a degree alot of it also has to do with allergies to certain food. For my sister they found eggs didn't help but being the 80's they DEFINATLY didn't know as much as they do today. Can you maybe find out if they could also find out if there are ant food types that may make it worse? I know he's not on solids yet but maybe just an idea for the future. I do hope he's finding some relief with the cream & I truley hope he's one of those babies who grows out of it.
    Sounds like you & your family are going through such a tough & stressful time. It's so sad to hear about your niece & that things have got worse. Sending prayers to you & your family & niece especially xxxx

Lady.......sounds like having C in DC will be very good for him & it's great his going in now for transition before you go back to work. Enjoy your bit of free time whilst his in care you truely deserve it.

Lulusmum.....wow!!! Your routine with the babes sounds so awesome. That's great you got to have a lovely sleep whilst Max was at your mums & the babes slept! I would DEFINATLY be in for meeting up for walks around mawsons then coffee after (maybe not cake if I can resist as I really want to lose LOTS of weight after bubbas arrival) count me in once bubba is born & I'm up & driving again after the birth!

Winzy......I wish DH & I had DTD to help bubs along, I'm just sooooo not in the mood & scared as I can feel her head so far down there & it's quite painful the thought is too scarry ATM. I hope your bubba makes an entry into the world this week (after hubby's birthday)

Hi to everyone else, hope your all going well

AFM.......still getting lots of contractions but that's as far as it goes. I really think she's just too comfy in there! Lol!!
    I was a bit teary the other day as DH has been told he can have as much time off work as he wants but will only get paid for one week. We were really hoping for 2-3 weeks. Unfortunatly we just can't afford for him to have anymore time then a week off but I guess it's better than nothing. His upset that he wont be round for long to help me, especially by taking DD to & from school etc but I'm lucky Ive got wonderful family support even though it's not the same. I feel bad that he will be back at work so soon when I know he should be home bonding with bubs especially when we've waited 4.5 years for her arrival.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to digbyleigh For This Useful Post:

Shy1  (29-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - it sounds tough for you at the moment. I hope the cream helps with Sam

Digby - good yo hear you have family support to help you out when DH goes back to work but I understand it's not the same as having him home. Hopefully you both can settle into a routine so he gets to spend time and bond with bubs once he comes home from work.

LM - I'd be in for a walk and coffee too. We couldn't make it every week as E has playgroup (which she loves) on Friday mornings. Every now and then she can skip that though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    tuesday is a good walking day for me also xx babes slept through with one wake up at 2am, but both down by 2:30am - feeling human today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can make some walking days too!! Let me know if a plan emerges!!

LM - how on earth you have managed to get the twins into the same sleep pattern as Max is beyond me!! hats off to you! You are doing a fabulous job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LM - Yay for a good night's sleep!!!! A has one of her eye teeth coming through so no good nights sleep here for us at the moment!! Ahh well. The walk around the lake at Mawson Lakes is good, Ive done it with A a few times she loves feeding the ducks on the way. We will definitely join you once prac is finished, 1 week to go WOOHOO!!!!

Shy - sorry to hear things are so tough at the moment, sending you heaps of these

12. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

Shy1  (29-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM - Tuesdays is great for me. We have nothing on. But if Fridays work for everyone else, we'll just come along every now and then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    howdy all!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!!

Digby.....hope that you can at least have a couple weeks with DH at home. I can imagine how frustrating it might be for him that he can't stay at home as much as he would like but sounds like you have lots of support for you anyway as well! Hurry up baby! Hurry up!

Winzy.....how you kicking along there?? had anymore BH feelings?

Digby/Winzy - you two remind me of the 'race' that was on between Liv and I. Not that it was a race but we were only a few weeks apart and at times Liv was going to be having bub early and then they decided to keep him in and etc. We didn't know who was going to come first! it's fun having a couple bubs due so close!

LM....wow go supermum!! fantastic that you have bubs in a nice routine so early! well done to you!! I too would love walks around mawson lakes! I like the boatdeck too! been there for lunch a few times. I can do anyday until 20 June when I go back to work. Depending on what day/s it is will be whether i have C or not and whether i have him or not doesn't bother me cos i can always take him for some fresh air or i can have a baby-free cuppa! . He's usually in childcare mondays and fridays and will start on tuesdays on 14 June. So, yeah, anytime is fine with me.

Rach/MG....hope you guys are going well!!

Shy.....how's S's eczema? sounds like a good suggestion that LM had about the WCH dermatology clinic. Sorry to hear about DH niece. It's just such a sad sad story!

Waiting...... for one more week!!!

Kiwi.....how are you and Sam? is he sick still or is he all better? yes it is frustrating coming home with colds from CC/DC and playgroup but i always expected he'd get sick at CC, altho i had hoped he would've had his mothers fantastic immune system! . glad i started him at CC early so that hopefully he can get the first few colds out the way early before i was back at work!

Liv...how are you and C?

to everyone else!

Took charlie to dr today as his cold is a nasty one. Poor bubba!! . It's not a chest infection or anything like that yet but just a bad cold with a red throat. He's not eating much so dr said to just focus on the milk for now and it wont matter if he doesn't have solids for a couple days. So will just see how we go with that. he doesn't find yoghurt all that bad so i might try and give him some spoonfulls of that each day just for something a little extra other than milk as it's nice and cool and smooth for him.
    Had his 6month check on wed too! All was pretty fine except for his 'gross motor skills' (rolling) which i knew was an issue. He's not rolling much and therefore not keen on sitting either so just gotta give him more tummy time than i have been - which i try every single play time! So just have to go back in 2 months so they can re-check on it.
    He now weighs 6.88kg! gain of 300g in 10 days (since gp advised me to up his solids). and i think 64.5cm in length. Still in the 10th percentile for weight and height but 90th perecentile for head circ - 43cm!

Anyway, hope you're all well!