Reviews
    Winzy & Digby - not long now all the best of luck
    Paul - Good to see you again, glad everything is going well for you

Hope everyone else is going well

Country

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI girls, well I haven't had time to read back, as I am having a really hard time with DS again I am so exhausted and emotional it's not funny...

He currently has eczema really bad on his forehead, cheeks and neck all the way around. He is waking 3 times a night, and then really early to start the day as well. That married with DH's niece being really unwell and all that pressure, it is all getting a bit much! I don't feel DH and I have any quality time together, and when we do have an hour or so in the evening, we are exhausted, or we bicker.

I rang parent helpline this morn to discuss sleeping issues, as we've gone from one wake up to 3, and this is with doing all the things they've suggested. They want me to try a 6 month old routine, but DS can't stay awake longer than 2 hours so it's pointless. I am going to the GP this arvo to discuss the eczema and also to get them to check his ears/gums, etc in case it's teething.

Anyway, sorry for the 'me' vent/post, I am just so drained emotionally, mentally and physically!

Can't wait to hear some more good news in here, come on Digby & Winzy!

Will do personals when I have a bit more time and energy...so far I have resettled DS about 6 times in the past hour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Hope everyone is well!

Paul....nice to hear from you and that all is well! sorry to hear it was a rough start but glad you're working through it.

Shy......you're not alone mate. We all have those times and i'm certainly having one now. Charlie wont leave me alone. i can't even leave the room without him cracking it. I think this is about time the 'seperation anxiety' starts! I'm training C in childcare at the minute and thank goodness for the days he's there because otherwise i couldn't get anything done around the house. I've had many tears and exhausting times myself and DH ends up coming home and cleaning and cooking! bless him! Sorry to hear S is waking up several times overnight and has bad eczema, i hope the sleeps get better and the eczeme clears up real soon! Hang in there.......i think they get a little harder as they get older but we just gotta go with them and help them grow. How is DH niece?? what's the latest with her?

Country......how are you and bump going??

Winzy....how cute of DH!! wow, sounds like things might be starting - but you could still be ages away! hope not! HURRY UP!

Digby....wow.....a big one.....but.....HURRY UP! hope you dont have to go over due date!

All ok here! charlie got ANOTHER cold! He has been fighting his sleeps ALL week and only lasnight i worked out he's getting a cold. came on bad today. Took childcare 2 hours to get him to sleep today! i took him there as he only had a cough.....but by the end of the day it was a full blown cold. poor boy! We bought a vaporiser lastnight! works wonders!
    But, yes, i also think he's going through seperation anxiety! he wont let me do anything without him! Oh well. Fun and games!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LadySchnitzel For This Useful Post:

Shy1  (28-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awww Shy and Lisa sorry to hear you guys are having a bad run atm. Hope it gets better soon

Lisa - I have to say personally I didnt cope well with the 6-10month age at all due to the seperation anxiety so I dont envy you at all. Hope C gets better soon. Unfortunately its the season for it, plus starting daycare he will probably catch everything that wafts past - they say 6-8 colds in the first 12 months of daycare - I know A has DEFINITELY had at least that many but I figure its all boosting her immunity long term....

Right Im outta here, MIL is having a Learning Ladder party (educational kids books and toys) so Im off to check out the stuff - gonna have to try to be controlled and not spend too much money on A!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

Shy1  (28-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting.....yep I'm fully expecting LOTS of sickness from childcare. He only been there on Monday and today so far! And youre telling me this phase of separation anxiety is going to last another few months?? Aaaarrrgghhh!

Speaking of parties, would anyone be interested in attending a oasis homewares party at my house? My friend has just become a consultant and needs a minimum number of parties to get going. They have awesome stuff! Check out their website! Let me know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

SHY : honey it sounds like you are doing it tough teething can cause big changes in bubba's as i found out with Mini C he went through about 2 weeks of waking every hour and me have to resettle him so I understand your pain all i can suggest is that you do the best you can which i am sure you would be doing and if you can leave S with geoff and take caine for a walk as it sometimes can be good for you mind body and spirit I have been thinking about emily and I am praying for her i hope everything is going well for her and she is not in pain if you need anything please do not hesitate to call me .

winzy and digby : it does not sound like it is long to go I say come on bubba's we want to hear of your arrival .

Lisa : I hope things settle for you soon.

LM; how did your first week go hun ?

MG: what fabulous news have you started to show yet ?

Rach : how are you going ?

KIwi: we should set up a walking date when suits you ?

asfm Mini C had his shots and 6 month check up all went well he is a happy lil baby but is now starting to show separation anxiety which is really hard he always wants his mummy and it has slowly got worse I have now lost 8kg since starting ww which is great and I have an appointment back at repromed on tuesday that is very daunting but appart from that things are going well here .

could anyone explaine the difference in the way repromed does their cultures now ???? it is ment to be different to what they did when i last did ivf ?

and if you had to do it all over again is their any different questions that you would ask ?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to liv01 For This Useful Post:

Shy1  (28-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - hang in there Hun. My friend's son has eczema, and when he was a bub it got infected. Keep an eye on it, and if your GP isn't proactive enough, go to another one. It may also be why s is waking often. She needed to give him antibiotics and used loads of medicated creams to get him better, then it was management from there. I believe he is pretty good now, and he's 3. She needed to stop him scratching too, so had to swaddle him / tie his hands down to stop it for sleeps. Sounds cruel, but if she didn't do that initially, he would never have improved.

Good luck. I don't envy you, but we are all here for you. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Shy1  (28-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liv, yep, I am sure showing. Must say it has calmed down a lot since I stopped prednisolone, so I think that made me retain fluid and feel much bigger.

Repromed are freezing with vitrification now, which is gentler on the embryo. I know it produces less water crystals in the embryo when frozen, which means less damage when defrosted.
    Not sure about the culture though. I have hears it was different. LM has an idea about it I think.
    Yes it is only relatively new, so would be different from what was practice when you went there for mini c.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Liv - our first week went awesome, actually im alot more organised without brett here and the routine has well and truely taken off. They do better on one large sleep a day rather than several small ones, so i put them down at 11:30, max down at 12 and we all sleep till 3ish -only way i can get a break and it means everyone is ready to go back to bed at 7pm so brett and i are getting some time alone which we desperately needed. The culturing process now at repro basically measures what components of the medium your embroyo is using, then they can adjust the medium to better 'feed' your embryo if that makes sense. really simply, (this is how RH explained it to me..) if you put your embryo in a culture of salt and sugar, and the embryo 'eats' the sugar, you give it more sugar etc - does that make sense. Im not sure how but apparently they can also tell now which embryo is more likely to implant based on what it 'eats' in what amounts before transfer. all very technical but given max was our 9th transfer and n and a were our first on the new culture process i'd say it works
    and yes it is new, so new that when we went back for number 2 RH advised us to wait as he knew that it would be avaliable 'soon' - then he rang us when it was all systems go thats when we went back. He never knew what the issue was with us as far as not concieving went and had an inkling it had to do with culturing, guess he was right and im so glad we waited for it

well - off to bed, max was at his nanas today and i got the twins down after a bath, so i got a 3 hour sleep in bed in fresh sheets alone with no babies wanting to jump in with me - BLISS lets see how much sleep i can bag tonight.....
    Last edited by LulusMum; 27-05-2011 at 21:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support girls. We went to the GP yesterday and DS has bad eczema which I knew! He gave us cortisone cream which I started last night. DS seems to feel a bit better when it's on, so I hope it gives him some relief soon.

Lady, she is not well, news this week was not promising