+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LM - no advice really. As you know E still has 2 bottles a day. I think the morning one I could cut easily but I also love the evening one and so does DH. It's a chance to have a cuddle and read some books together. Hmmm...maybe I'll cut the morning one soon but think I'll continue with the evening one for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep - we cut the morning bottle when i came home from hosp as my mornings are so hectic there is no way i can sit with max for 15minutes giving him milk (mean mummy!) so we got him donw to before bed bottle only, and one if he wakes in the night ( i know i shouldnt but its not like he wakes FOR a bottle, and he settles in 10mins tops if we just give it to him instead of doing a resettle with no milk), but since having the babes he asks for a milk before his arvo nap (tiny bit of regression i think...) and i let him have it as the babes are sleeping then anyway and again, time for a cuddle and some Maxi snuggles - he does drink out of a cup with all other drinks - water and really diluted juice, but i think the night bot is purely comfort. i guess i see no reason to stop just yet, different story in a year or two but for now i will keep giving it - they are only babies for such a short time, surely it cant hurt....and we are officially on the way with toilet training -at night after tea and before a bath which is 'poo time' he has been asking for his potty and pulling his pants down all by himself, still in nappies full time but he will do his #2 in the potty at that time of night, such a big boy but still mummas baby this age is just gorgeous i think, cant wait till the twins are that age, can you imagine all the jibberish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Spencer still has a bedtime bottle. I have been wondering when we should be getting rid of it as well. I love giving it to him though, and I know he loves the routine and comfort of it too.
    Sorry can't help.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM- A still has 3 bottles per day (breakfast, 1 during the day and bedtime) though she doesnt always have the 1 at breakfast. Shes the same as Max, will happily drink water from a sippy cup but wont drink milk from a sippy and has an absolute tantrum if give her the sippy and refuse to give her a bottle.... A feeds herself the bottles, she tends to grab it and run off to do whatever she wants, no chilling out for my Little Miss thats for sure!! I do like the night one, gives me a chance to FINALLY have a snuggle with her, shes always too wriggly otherwise!!! Im going to get tougher after prac though, will offer milk in a sippy at breakfast and no bottle during the day (only night). Lets see how long the tantrums last...

MG - Awesome news! Congrats much be such a relief!!

Kiwi - hugs mate hope you get a break and the kids are being good for you today

Lisa - Cheeky C!!! Hope he is doing better and you guys get a break and some sleep tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just a quick update, been having contractions but not regular since Sunday morning, had an internal last night as I was worried water may have been leaking. All good though except cervix is still too far back apparantly, not any closer to proper labour. The Dr reccomended I have a growth scan so they have more to go by on Monday (and hopefully deceide to induce me if bubs hasn't come over the weekend) well our lil bubs isn't so little weighing between 9-10 pounds & off the scale on the computer as she's so big. OUCH!!
    The dr explained to me last night unless there is a cause for concern they don't like to induce until your 10 days over due. Well that's another 19 days for me so I'm keeping everything crossed for a better outcome next Monday & they will FINALLY give in.

Winzy.......sounds like bubs isn't too far away for you either. I had measurements yesterday & it was 44 YIKES!!! So maybe your bubs is more a nice size round 8 pound I'm guessing. Hope it won't be too much longer for you. xxxxx

Was going to do more personals but on my phone & going blank. Will finally have broadband again tomorrow, will be so much better then using my iPhone all the time. Will be able to start using icons again too yay!!! Have a nice day girls, stay warm & cosy if you can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby: hi! Wow still having contractions? Is that 44 cm fundal height? could also be a tall / long baby... My sis was told hers was gonna be over 10 pound but it ended up being lighter and longer...
    Afm: have had a busy day went to get pics taken of all my moles at mole max and they found 16 to watch and cut one out of my nose today! So if I go into labour all my first pics will have me with a bandaid on my shnoz! Ah well better safe than sorry I spose
    I then had a haircut and 2 ladies told me j looked like I was carrying low so I must be getting close... The wednesday night 'business time' with dh must have paid off ! feels like bubs is resting on my pelvis so hopefully it is starting to engage and will stay there.
    Also had my pre birth wax today ouch! And stupidly sat with my knees splayed - when I got up I couldn't walk for 10 minutes lol! Amazing how loose your joints get when pregnant!
    Counting down race ya Digby!! nah jus jokes I need to wait till tuesday at least now to get this stitch out outa my nose! And it's dhs birthday on Monday so we can't have them sharing birthdays now so don't mind if bubs sits tight for a LITTLE bit longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol Winzy about the race. I've got a sneaking suspicion your gonna win lol!! I've worked out the longest I've got to go is 19 more days as that will be 10 days overdue & the max they let you go at Lyell Mac. Have you been told at all how long they will let you go before being induced?
    I know what you mean about birthdays, Fingerscrossed bubs isn't born on Mon being your hubby's birthday. I'm also hoping our bubs won't be born on the 7th as I would like her to have her own birthdate not share it with her old mum lol! I've got my appt next Mon, mum said I should take my bags & just refuse to leave lol!! I thought she was joking but after today's scan (she came with me) she was deadly serious lol!! Ah well at least it's only 19 days or less & I WILL be getting my cuddles!! You too mate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby/Waiting/Winzy

Hello there my old friends

I've been gone for quite a while and thought it may be time to zip back and say hello again. ..."HELLO"...

Things have been going well. My little girl that was born last August is approaching 10 months old very soon and she is growing perfectly. We had an absolutely traumatic delivery that has dealt a few issues to both of us, but with some professional help, we're working through those.

Looking back on the many previous posts here, I see many, many new names. How awesome is that. I don't have the heart to go back and check out any familiar names on our old IVF area as I fear I may see a few people still struggling. That would break my heart and I'm not sure what, if anything, I could possibly say to them. There is simpy so much desperation for those that are continuing their IVF journey.

I might just stick around a while and get to meet some of the new people here and catch up with you old friends.

Cheers and kindest regards

Paul
    SA

ps...wifey is going great too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back Paul64 great to hear that you, and DD are doing well and that Wifey is doing better after the birth. Wow 10 months already time has FLOWN!!

Winzy and Digby - HURRY UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!! Im getting really impatient, man you guys must be going nuts!!!! Hope you are both well wow how exciting more baby news soon!!
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 26-05-2011 at 21:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so excited I cant sleep!! soo looking forward to meeting bubby DH was so cute tonight he says come here baby and cuddles the tum and says "I cant wait to hold you for the first time I reckon Im gonna bawl my eyes out" sweetheart. Tomorrow we are having a date to go and see the movie 'Babies' at Nova in the city Im sure we'll both be crying messes!!

Today cooking tea I reckon I felt my first Braxton Hicks (tho apparently Ive been having them for a while but not feeling them according to the monitoring I had the other night) if thats what it was - it was pretty ouchy so Im thinking that real contractions might be rather agonising! But ah well I shall do my best to tough it out and if that fails theres always the drugs! (Or who knows I might need to have an emergency CS or something anyway...)

I thought it was a bit weird tho cos there was only one it started round the side of my belly and came round under to the front so not sure what was going on there... arent you meant to get a few BH before they go away?

Hi there Paul good to hear that all is going well for your DD and wifey.

Howdy to everyone else!