Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Winzy : go to the dr hun xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your concern ladies I took your advice and went the dr she didnt seem to think there was anything to worry about - she said it looked like there was a small puncture on my tonsil so a bone or something (in a tuna pie??) probably cut my tonsil and stimulated a gag reflex but she didn't  look real sure she check d my bp and all that was fine so hopefully it's all okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy - I only just saw your post, thank goodness everything is ok. How scary for you.

Still have a shocking time with S's overnight sleeps, but as he's sick it's to be expected. So lots of cuddles in the night, obviously no CC and I even caved last night and gave him a bottle. I think he's waking up with a sore throat, he's very bunged up at night. So he's over this soon. Lovely J got S up this morning and took him into the family room to play so we could have a sleep in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi! Thanks for the Birthday wishes, had a great day. Went out to dinner Fri night with family, anyone been to the smorgasboard at the Walkers Arms since its been rebuilt??? OMG YUMMMMMMMM I ate so many prawns it was rediculous My vote is we have a baby-free catch up dinner there sometime soon!!! (Shy they even have flourless cake on the dessert bar it made me think of you!!) Yesterday was a quiet one at home then DH and I went out to dinner in Gouger St while A stayed at ILs.

Kiwi - YES definitely need to have a drink to celebrate end of prac for sure!! Poor S I hope he is feeling better soon. I usually cave and give A milk when she wakes while sick as I figured it probably soothes her sore throat a bit. Nice of J to get S up for you this morning!!! Hope P had an awesome birthday

Winzy - wow how scary! Hope you are doing ok.

Digby - no bubba yet???!!

MG - How are you doing?? How far a long are you now?

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting - I'm 13 weeks. Belly has blown out !! Sounds like you had the perfect birthday.

Kiwi - hope s gets better soon. Good on j for giving you a sleep in.

Winzy - glad things are ok. If you still feel strange though, you should get another opinion. Xx

Hi to everyone. Sorry not much posting, bit I have been reading and keeping up with everyone. We have our nt scan on wednesday, so pretty exciting. Bring it on!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy....glad to hear alls ok xx

Kiwi......hope S gets better soon. One of the pros to having older children, yay for J letting you have a sleepin.

Waiting......glad you had a nice bday. I haven't been there for years but have heard they are really good. Out of interest how much is it per head? Prawns......Yummmm (Christmas will bs good this year as last I was pregnant & one before that PUPO) so will be having lots of prawns Chrissy day this year

Lady......did you end up getting the console for the BJ from BB?

Hi also to shy,MA,Rach,country,MG & everyone else.

AFM.....feeling sooooo tired today. Woke up at 1am this morning with what felt like the start of labour pains. They lasted until 7am this morn. Yawn!! I couldn't sleep through them but as they didn't get worse (although they were coming & going like contractions & having the belly tightness also) I didn't feel I needed to call the hospital or wake the family as it was probably just a false alarm, which of course it turned out to be as they stopped round 7am & I've only had a few minor twinges since. Is it normal for BH's to last 6 hours straight?? I never had them with E but like last night they feel exactly like the labour pains I felt with E at the start of labour pains (before they get to the point of really hurting) the only problem is the nurses thought I had a high pain threshold last time I was in labour which makes me wander if the pains are worse than what they feel?? Anyway hoping for some hardcore twinges today & a visit to the hospital!! Don't think I could go through another 6 hour night with a tease like that lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Hope you've all had a good week! feels like a good few days since i've posted on here! i've been reading though and C is keeping me busy with his less day sleeps!

Digby.....will you believe that i FORGOT even after your text to me about the BJ console! Well more like i was remembering and remembering and then i decided that maybe i wont need it cos i just put my keys and everything in the bottom tray and so i was going to ring them and let them know i didn't need it anymore! but i FORGOT to and we were driving to the gepps cross markets this morning and went past BB and i was like WOOPS!! . Thanks tho for organising it for me. i think maybe it's gone now. oh well. i have my wipes warmer still to return cos i decided i didn't want that anymore either! You think your baby is a tease to you! you're a tease to us with all your pains and twinges! come on baby! come on! . Very cute about E and her hospital bag!
    PS - if anyone wants a recommendation on not so cold wipes......well the coles ones are nice and soft and not as cold as the others!

MG.....wow....nt scan coming up! yay for seeing bubby again!! have you been feeling well?

Waiting.....glad you had a good birthday! I haven't been to the new walkers arms yet so i would be keen to give it a go one night! Did you enjoy your few hours to yourself on friday?? you're over the half way mark through your prac now!

Kiwi......i know how you feel about the night time sleeps! . I swear i crack it every time C wakes up during the night cos i know he DOES NOT NEED THAT FEED! I dont crack it at him, i just crack it to myself and DH as i'm getting out of bed. Funny thing is i know that he will wake up every night and i know that i will crack it.....and yep....without fail.....i crack t! . Was so good of J to entertain S for you so that you could have a sleep in! DH normally gets up to C on the weekends cos of the amount of times i crack it overnight!

LM....how are you all going? have you managed to get both the twins off the bottle now or do you still need some bottle feeds? the new routine sounds absolutely wonderful! i'm kicking myself that i didn't start routine alot earlier but such is life. we've started now and at least i know his feed times which is a great start! the long night sleeps will come in time i'm sure! he is in bed between 6.30-7pm and if we dont do the dreamfeed he usually wakes 11.30pm-12am for it and then again around 5am. he's inconsistent with his night wake ups and it's so frustrating but at least we have the early bed time and feed times down pat! everything to come in time! i'm just too impatient!

Shy....how you going there??

Winzy....glad all was well with the dr. must've been such a scare!

Liv.....how are you and mini C?

MA....good to hear from you! hope little C is behaving nicely for you! I bet H is being a good big bro!

Hi to everyone else!!

All going well here! I cooked up a big storm for C the other night. Cooked Roast chicken with Roast Veg, Roast Lamb with Roast Veg, Chicken Casserole, and Bologniese. I also made pea and ham soup overnight lastnight for us and we gave C a spoonfull which he seemed to like so i might even freeze some of that for him too!
    His new routine is going ok. We have the feed times down pat mostly which is good. The recommended sleep times dont exactly work for C but he goes to sleep usually within a half hour of the suggested times anyway so at least he's sleeping between the feeds. The new 7pm bedtime is absolute bliss! just wish he would sleep through! his daysleeps have become shorter so surely he should be more tired at night! cheeky bugger! Can someone please tell C that mummy doesn't like broken sleep! . Some days i think to myself that maybe i wont wait too long for next bub and some days i think to myself that next bub can come when C is in school cos surely he'll sleep through by then! lol.
    I've certainly noticed over the last week or so that he grabs at everything and even when we were out at dinner the other night he wanted to grab everything that was on the table. He's also noticing lots more noises and is very interested in everything that goes on around him. and he notices when you leave the room too which can be a little frustrating but he just seems to have grown in his senses alot which is fabulous!
    He starts at childcare for a few hours tomorrow. I'm going into to town to meet with my boss for lunch to negotiate going back to work earlier. I'm feeling a little sad about it cos it just seems to be coming to and end for me and my boy at home! He also brought a tear to my eye yesterday when he scoffed down and LOVED my roast chick with roast veg lunch for him. i was SO SO SO proud and it made me on a high for the rest of the day so much so that i got all the housework finished and got everything done that needed to be done. I couldn't have felt prouder than i did yesterday. I feel so proud also cos i've home cooked all his food so far. I didn't breastfeed past 2 months so i'm giving him the next best thing i can.
    anyway, so he will slowly transition into childcare 3 days a week before i go back to work. Not sure of my return date just yet but i guess i will know more later. I was the one who put my hand up to return earlier cos i know the girl who took my job now scored another one in our dept so it leaves my job empty which can't happen and i certainly dont want to go back to stuff gone to sh1t so i volunteered. i was due back 18 july anyway so if anything i will be going back only a month earlier so not too bad i suppose.

anyway, wow, look at my long post AGAIN! sorry!!! Well done to you if you got through all my babble! I must go and feed my boy lunch. i'm a bit late with it but i wanted to say hi to you all while i had the chance while he was sleeping......and now he's awake!

Take care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting - so happy you had a fab birthday, well timed for a bit of relax in teh middle of your prac xx

Lisa - i made all Maxs food too when he was a bub and still do now (well, he eats what we eat now so same thing) and it does make you feel good. Everything on your list of food was exactly what i used to make for max, he loves soup and actually had it for lunch today - keep at him with soup, as when he gets older like maxs age he may love your food but not eat it, all part of testing the boundaries, but at least when he has soup for lunch i know he's getting all his vegies etc. I also used to make a ymmu pork, apple and cous cous dish for max that he would wolf down - i'll dig out the recipe. Max starts childcare in 2 weeks alos, and yep, i feel the same that something has come to an end, but you know its also the bginning of something too and sometimes i wish id started max earlier at childcare - im sure having a happy mum who is fulfilled with a career as well as with being amum and wife will make him very happy. i loved my nursing pracs as i felt good about doing something for me, and the time spent with max i made sure was quality time, not like now when i try to do jobs around him. My max time was just that - i think your doing the right thing, and might be returning to work soon too.

Digby - sounds like bub might make an early appearance - i had those pains this time around too, but they were all false - one lot lasted for about 3 days with brett having to take time off work - didnt amount to anything though...

Hi to all- had best intentions of writing to you all but have logged in and forgotten what ive read already. We are all well here, apart from max who did get a full blown virus, temps of 39+ and vomit city - yuckers. He is still throwing temps now but no more spew since last night - timed his really bad night with the twins first sleep through (well, 11pm till 5am) - i swear they are conspiring against me so i never sleep again. They have continued their good sleep pattern for 2 nights now so hopefully we are settling in to some sort of order. I have more issues with feeding - i seem to have gone from having just enough milk, to having sooooooooooo much - i know you arent supposed to pump if you want your supply to decrease but i get sooooooo uncomfortable after only 1.5 hours if noone feeds or if i dont pump. I dont knwo whats going on, my boobs feel like those first few days when your milk comes in, really achey and tight (and huge!). I always used to say that women with oversupply had it so good, always enough milk for bub and never having to worry if they were getting enough, but how wrong was i....sorry for the rant, i guess DH doesnt get it so thought id whinge on here

hope your all having a cosy day
    Last edited by LulusMum; 22-05-2011 at 13:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Digby I remember the frustration of false starts and painful BH oh too well!! I had a few nights of false starts before I finally went in to labour, its so frustrating!! Just try and remember though its all productive - its helping your body ready for when the real thing happens, fingers crossed you will progress quickly as a result!!! The Walkers is $30 for the smorgasboard for dinner, includes dessert and OMG theres SOOOOO much choice on the dessert bar and and icecream machine I was in heaven!!! (less for lunch but apparently no prawns avail at lunch)

LM - Oh poor Max hope he is on the mend Has the feeding pillow helped at all with the twins? Will have to organise to get the swing to you. Just be careful the oversupply doesnt turn in to mastitis

MG - Wow 13 weeks already, good luck for your NT scan!!

Lisa - I felt the same way about making food for A. I couldnt b/feed but I felt I could finally provide her with good natural food once she started eating solids. Good on you!! Hope C goes well at dayare tomorrow and you can sort out stuff with work. How did his swimming go??

Had a funny convo with DH last night, Im debating about what to do re: contraception since Ive been having really bad AF again recently so Ive decided its time I probably need to get a mirena put back in.... then DH turns around and says "Im ready if we want to have another baby" We had originally planned to start trying now but decided to delay it so Ive finally got my head around that and now UMMMMMMMMM now Im not ready!!! AAUUUGHHH
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 22-05-2011 at 14:21.