+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lm: hooray on a routine! Crank out the foot spa  
    Thanks forthe rain warning I'd better get on it x
    Digby: hi there! I hate losing posts on my phone - u have an iPhone right? U can always write the post in the notes section and swap between web and notes by double clicking the white menu button... then copy n paste it into yr web browser  
    Hope that u r feeling okay lucky u r not going over the borderlines but I can imagine u r feeling a bit lousy. I'm feeling a bit better have checked my bp and it's normal so maybe it was my asthma meds or something but I don't usually respond like that weird... Probably have just been going too hard so taking it easy tomoz - just getting a pedi and going out for lunch not long now soooo exciting!!!!!
    Kiwigem: sug that sux! That means digby and my bubbies will have to wait almost another whole year to start school bugger 

Thanks
    Reviews
    kiwi - we spoke to stephen about it already as he gave us the heads up on this new plan when we did our interview last year - he said that being younger in a class of older kids doesnt become an issue till yr 9'ish - but thats soooo close to yr s 11 and 12 id be worried it would affect their results if that makes sense,

winzy - yep, your babes will be in the same boat as my max starting at 5 1/2, but the twins will start at 4 - so even though there are 2 years between my kidlets, they will only be one grade apart - weird!!!!!!! so when max starts school they will start kindy - no babes at home at just 4 sux............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LM - Congrats on getting a routine happening!!!

Oh wow only 1 intake per year for receptions, A will be lucky being a Nov birthday, it wont change for her she will be 5 when she starts. REALLY have to start getting enrolment applications happening incase we decide to stay in Adelaide, planning on doing that once prac finishes.

Oh and composite classes - I personally think the age gap DOES become an issue a lot earlier than year 9, I went to a class that had all mixed classes right up to year 7 and I HATED it. I was the "little" one that always got picked on (yeah yeah hard to pick now, but I was INCREDIBLY shy in primary school!) so being the youngest and smallest made it even worse. I think that the age gap is apparent and an issue from grade 5 (ie having grades 5/6/7 mixed etc) more so for girls cos puberty really starts early and girls develop and mature SOOOO much quicker than the boys.

I pretty biased against it though I guess, Ive seen the worst of it all working with Year 8s really running off the rails because they were in classes with the older kids in primary school so think they are one of the "big kids" when they get to high school and everything goes pear shaped pretty quickly...... It happens in all schools. Just my opinion though.

Speaking of school - no classes tomorrow!! Only have to go for 3 hours from 12 noon to supervise students preparing for their performing arts concert. Sleep in for me Yay!!!

Welcome back MA, was wondering how you are doing

Oh and Kiwi - Happy Birthday to P!

Right better go do something, DH is at TAFE and the house looks like a bomb has hit it, I swear A made it her mission tonight to trash the place as much as possible....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting - its not my opinion, just what the principal said at keithcot, and that is from purely an acedemic comparison, not in other areas of development etc. I too think it becomes evident earlier, and tbh i dont like the idea of max being in the same class as his younger brother and sister, i tend to think that would have more negative ramifications for max than the twins - who wants baby brother and sister cooties right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oooh yeah imagine Max in the same class as the twins.... that would be SOOOO strange!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Birthday Waiting!
    We must get together and have a birthday drink when you've finished your prac.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy birthday waiting hope you have a great day xxxx

Kiwi.....happy belated birthday to P hope she has a great party. I know what you mean about being 11 already, scarry huh!! E is now 12...meaning both our girls are to close to Tweens soon to become Teens "double yikes"

AFM......been feeling heaps of twinges & a weird feeling when bubs starts moving then my tummy completely tightens up then I feel her pushing down. Unfortunatly that's as far as it goes. Such a tease lol!! Well DH has arranged another employer to start at the business on Monday to free him up a bit so anytime from tonight on would be good!! Will be nice to see a bit more of DH for a while also, lately his been working 6 days a week & usually 10 hour days. He'll still have to work once bubs is here as business is too new to get a/leave but will come & go as he pleases & work from home the rest of time.
    DD is funny.....did I mention the other day she packed herself a hospital bag & put it with mine & babies lol!!! Packed herself change of clothes, DVD player with plenty of DVDs & toothbrush/toothpaste. She was planning to wait in the hallway until bubs is born until I told her sometimes babies take MANY hours for there arrival but told her it's great she has a bag packed for wherever she goes whilst I'm in labour. (most likely my brothers or mums who will whizz her down to the hospital at anytime of day/night to meet her lil sis before anyone else)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting, Happy Birthday!

Digby, that's so cute of your DD! I bet this feels like the countdown to Christmas for her!

Winzy, wow well done on the Baby Bjorn portacot! Bit too much for me now I'm on maternity leave! Toys r us have the Love'n'care on special until today, so I want to look at that, but I think I remember from the baby expo that that has rails that you can feel, so I will also look at the baby love mascot LM suggested.

to everyone else...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting - Happy Birthday!! Hope you're having a fantastic day. Xx

Digby - things are sounding promising. I hope something happens soon. I can't wait to hear your news. How cute is DD!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals I'm freaking out a bit I ate a tuna pie and felt like I had something caught in my throat went to the bathroom to see if I could see anything but couldn't - and then started coughing and then vomited and there was blood too do u think it's worth a trip to the dr? Still feel like there's something there. Feeling a bit worried...