+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all,

MA - Yip, it's me.

I have one sick little boy, "his slight cold" -who was I kidding? - is a viral infection. He has been having temps for several days and now has a rash. Poor baby has been miserable, spent most of yesterday crying, I nearly joined him by the end of the day. He seems a little better today, but still off his food, drinking plenty though.
    It's P's birthday tomorrow, I can't believe she'll be 11!
    Must go and wrap her presents and bake a cake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi - hope S is feeling better soon. Doesn't sound like much fun for either of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi - sorry about sam, i think max is on the verge of something brewing too - no real 'symptoms' just cranky and tired all the time, off his food too but asks for water, milk and juice still. Good timing max that you would get sick just as daddy goes back to work..............

Every time digby and winzy post i almost hyperventilate with excitement that a bub has landed - soooooooo close

Lisa - max wasnt a 'wee' one, more he was a normal size baby that got real big real quick - he isnt even on the chart anymore for height and only just on for weight - he's such a stomper, Ned is following in his big bro's footsteps and my back is feeling it - there are upsides to having tiny babies, no stomper to lug around!!!!

well - think we finally have a routine in place, which means more sleep which is AWESOME. Babes feed at 9pm, down till 2am, back down till 5am'ish and after fussing and feeding till 6am they sleep till 9am - so i get one 5 hour stretch at night which makes you feel like a million bucks after 6 weeks of no more than 2 hours at a time....... Days are good too, i wake them at 11am to tire them out, big feed as max goes down at noon and then the twins sleep till 2pm, and i get max up at 2:30/3pm - so mummy gets 2 hours of baby free time - my mum came over yesterday and did all my housework so dare i say im sitting on my ar$e with NOTHING to do - WTF!!!!!!! Ok - i probably could find jobs if i tried hard enough but i cant be stuffed

to everyone - hope your all doing your washing before the week of rain hits

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam had a big nap and seems heaps better. That's the funny thing about these viruses, you're through the worst of it by the time the rash appears.

LM- Great news on the sleep front!!!! I hope it continues/improves for you. I love it when you get a routine going, makes the day much easier. I wonder if Max has something similar, that's how S was and he just got worse everyday. Hope he's over it before DH returns to work. Enjoy sitting on your ar$e.

Digby & Winzy - Any twinges? News????????????????
    Trying to work out what I'm going to go back and study for. Some big ideas, but with 3 kids I might be dreaming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.....I'm soooo annoyed I did a big post b4 on my phone & when the ph rang I lost the lot grrrrrr!!!
    Where waiting for telstra to connect broadband hopefully in the next week so can't wait to not have to rely on the phone.

Kiwi......hope S gets better soon poor thing Happy birthday to P also. I know what you mean also E turned 12 this year double EEK!!! Our Tweens are nearly teens!!

Lulusmum.....hope Max isn't coming down with anything. The routine you have going with the twins sounds awesome!!! Glad to hear your getting 5 hours straight sleep at night & sounds like the timing is perfect with B going back to work.

MA.....howdy, nice to hear from you on here. Thanks for asking about me. The p/p is still low but has moved slightly so not covering cervix so there hoping for a natural birth.

Winzy......I wish I had your energy. I envy you being out and about & think good on ya!!! Do it while you can as having a winter baby especially may not be for too much longer.

Hi to Lisa,Rach,country,MG,waiting,shy & anyone I've missed. Having a mental blank sorry.

AFM......well the itchy test has come back positive but the good news is not at a dangerous level. So I had to fast last night & do the test again this morning to make sure levels haven't gone up. If they have they will give me medication for it. The GD is still borderline so had to do another test for that this morning also. Thanks country for the info on the itchiness in pregnancy. It's actually very serious but I'm trying not to stress as I'm being well monitored & like I said levels aren't too bad. Does explain all the itching though, the attacks at night are awful & make it very hard to sleep but as long as bubs ok is all that matters. So I'm feeling quite borderline......b/line itchy disease,b/line GD,b/line p/previa & b/line low b/pressure & anemic. I guess I should be thankful it's all b/line & nothing too serious. Lol!! Having said that though I'm sure I'll feel soooo much better once bubs is here so here's hoping at Mondays appt cervix will be ready to go & they WILL induce me next week. Please, please!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there Digby.

LM - Just read the kids school notice. Big news (you probably know) Only 1 intake of reception students per year! Students who will turn 5 before May 1st, 2014 will start school in term 1. All students turning 5 after May 1st start the next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That means Sam will start school at 4 and Max at 5 1/2yr????????
    Hmmm, don't know about this.............. Not so bad for S, but I'd be ****ed if I had to wait another 6 months. I thought my throat had been cut when I had to wait for term 4 for J to start school. Bet there'll be some angry parents out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi......do u know if this rule will apply to all schools in SA or just some? There's soooo many pros & cons to it all. As it stands where E goes bubs #2 will start school in term 3 & do 6 terms of reception all up whereas E started in term 2 as her b'days in march so only did 3 terms of reception. Seems like too much for one & not eneough for the other. Best to have kids either late or early in the year so they get a full year! Yeah right as if we could plan that on top of ivf lol!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby - It said all government (public???) schools, so private may stay the same? Don't know. In NZ you start on your birthday, very different to here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi - i know, dont know how im gonna entyertain him until he's 5.5 - not that i want him out the house by any means, its just he is too smart for his own good now, and kids who are smart and not engaged tend to become naughty little buggers - dont know if you heard there is no pre-entry for kinder anymore either, so straight into kindy - huge change for littlies especially if they have never done day care, again, another reason we enrolled max in day care. Good news is that sama nd max will be in the same class - i reckon i'll have it easier though, do you worry that sam will be influenced by the older kids, and also that as he's younger obviously a 4 year olds development isnt the same as a 5 year olds' yet they will be scaled against each other - i think its poo, i really wanted max to do 6 terms of reception.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do worry LM. KFP likes to do mixed classes, ie, reception & yr1, yr2 & yr3 etc.... So Sam at 4 could potentially have 6.5yr olds in his class!!!!! Crazy! Might have to have a chat with Stephen. I'm not so worried at a young age but more when they get older. DD finds it very hard with everyone being older than her, especially with puberty starting, HUGE developmental differences.
    Maybe they'll increase kindy hours, in NZ it's Mon - Fri 8.30am - 12.30pm. Great for getting used to school.