+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Winzy - Hard call, really depends on your babies temperament (sp?). Some babies take change in their stride, others struggle. P & J were terrible when we went away, but S has been easy. In saying that, we had good and bad trips away with P.

Digby - I was terrified of having a vb with Sam. Fast labours are NOT easy. I was also terrified of bleeding because of my platelet problem, but once I got my head around things and put my trust in my Dr's everything went well. I had a big cry just before they put the drip in, and tried to let go of all the hurt and fear I'd felt with J's arrival. TBH I think I was in transition, S popped out 31mins later and it was a very healing experience for me and I will treasure it. I hope things go smoothly for you, let the middies know your fears because then they will be able to help/reassure you more.

LM- Good to hear from you mate! Molars, not fun. Sam is cutting his teeth all out of order, we've a molar, but are still missing front teeth. I have the ergo ready to go. Enjoy your week with Brett, but be warned, next week I'm going to start hassling you for a visit.

Lisa - I never did SOS, don't even know what it is. I'm old school, we do our own version of controlled crying. I've been a sook and not done it with S until this weekend, so annoyed with myself for not doing it months ago. Success, he slept through last night. BTW, I never let him cry for more than 5 mins at a time and I no longer offer bottles (the root of our problem). I hope things improve for you. S goes through phases of little naps, I think it's developmental. LATM he is only having 1 small nap but I think it's because his body is ready for walking, IYKWIM.

Shy - Nice to hear from you. Hope S sleeps better soon, so tiring. I was getting fed up with Sam and his sleeps, One 40min nap in the day and waking 2-3 times at night.

Waiting - You poor honey. Hope you get some relief soon and the Dr's can fix you up for ttc#2.

Liv - Great attitude! Come on miracle baby #2.

Apologies must get everyone out of bed and ready for school. S is so cute atm chatting on his "phone" all the time. More and more walking happening, but you can't comment or he sits straight down. Thanks for everyone who's friended me on FB. Must get some photos on there. Got myself in a spot of bother, had all DH's family wanting to be friends, didn't really want to, he has his own page. Felt bullied into it. Friended them, then thought bugger this and got rid of them. I'll be in the sh!t now. Oh well.............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi - I just added you as a friend. Just wanted to let you know it's me and not some stalker

Winzy - When E was 4 months old we decided to drive from Syd - Adl and Adl - Vic (where we went camping) and then Vic - Syd. I don't regret doing it at all but I did have to spend a lot of the time in the back seat with her. She screamed and screamed. She hated it. In fact, she hated the car until her car seat was turned around (face-forward) and then she was fine. I think a lot of babies are the same. Having said that, you're not planning on long long trips so just driving around northern NSW wouldn't be so hard and there are plenty of places to stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Just quickly before C wakes up!

Just had charlies 6month jabs and weight/height/HC check this morning. He's 6 months today. Weight 6.55kg! a month ago he was 6.29kg! so not much of a gain! he's now gone down to the 10 percentile! he has grown .5cm to 63.5cm and his head grew 1cm to 42cm. I explained to the dr that he's not drinking more than 120mls per feed. We're lucky if we get 150mls into him per feed! so he has said instead of doing one formula scoop to 30ml of water, he said to do 1scoop to 24ml of water - for the calories. he also said I should increase his solids (already he has 2 ice cubes per meal) for the calories too. Gotta go back in a month to check on him again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach, I added you on FB too

Lady, good to hear the dr is helping you out with C. He is such a cutie, maybe he's just gonna be petite!

Kiwi, he's continuing the 2 wake ups at night which is frustrating since we were on 1 wake up for so long. I'm going to try resettling him tonight to see how it goes. Am worried he's either too hot or too cold too...who knows what to dress him in!

AFM, my little chubber is 19 weeks, 7.6kg, 64cm and HC of 43!!! We just took all the measurements this morning at CYH as we had a physio appt for his flat head syndrome. All in all the physio thinks it's quite mild and gave us some exercises to do to help.
    Last edited by Shy1; 16-05-2011 at 16:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa -dont stress, im sure charlie is just waiting to surprise you with a growth spurt. Max used to be on teh small side (stop laughing now.....) and then he had all his weight gain all at once, went from 25th percentil to 97th in about 3 months (yep, you read right)...I met a lady today whos son shared maxs birthday and who is also turning 2, he is in 4th percentile and still in size 0/1 - i felt bad with my bag full of size 3/4 stuff for max to big stomper - just wait till he really gets stuck in to solids, and if he is looking for more food after 2 cubes then go for it, let him tell you when is enough. I know in SOS it says bottle before solids but i scrapped that and did solids first, max wanted food, not milk or boob

wow shy - sounds like samuel is doing beautifully

to all, hectic day (again....) no one slept this arvo and my back is killing me form all teh jigging, but as waiting says - "suck it up princess"

Thanks
    Reviews
    kiwi: thanks for that info I guess we won't really know till bubs comes how it will go traveling. 
    Rach: wow that is a looooong drive! Maybe we could do it hmmm not sure how I'll go dealing with screaming baby and stopping to feed all the time though... But I guess it's cheaper and we can camp where we want if we drive the whole way... 
    Lady: I'm sure c is just prepping for a growth spurt  
    Shy:  wow ur little man sounds like he is getting pretty big  
    Afm: went to an ob app today at 37 weeks... bubs still head down but not engaged yet and measuring 36 cm fundal height also went to mums on the move for preggy aerobics and saw Lea for ripening accupuncture! busy day but all good think I'll go for a swim tomorrow check out bonza brats at reynella and ikea again Wednesday (why do I do it to myself?!) everyone's looking at me like I'm nuts being out n about and so massive one chick told me she wouldn't leave the house if it was her! I would go crazy if I had to stay inside though I'll be stuck inside soon enough I suppose! Thanks for the advice on travelling with bubs still not sure whether to fly up and hire a car or bite the bullet and do the massive road trip... 

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hellooooooo just a quick question - have any of you lovely ladies been diagnosed with Endometriosis and IBS??? Prior to having A I was diagnosed with endometriosis, and endometrial microcalcifications (thats the growths that were removed, apparently these are uncommon there's not even a name for the condition I have and I cant find any information about it - only microcalcifications of the breast tissue....)

Does any tips for management of this endo and IBS? Im currently going through the AF from hell, and the IBS has flared really badly the past couple of days its actually quite debilitating atm Im literally living on painkillers and water while living wrapped around a wheat warmer and in permenant close vicinity to a loo all while still doing prac

Sorry its a bit all about me atm, Hope you are all doing well
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 16-05-2011 at 22:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh and Rach, I added you too - no Im not a crazy stalker either

Digby and Winzy you guys are SOOOOOO close now!!!

Lisa - nawwwww Charlie hes just a wee little man but he doesnt look that small!!! Im sure he will do some catching up now he is starting solids. Im getting A weighed and measured at her 18month immunisations soon, that will be interesting cos shes always teeny tiny!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting, sorry I don't have any advice. I have coeliac disease and when I eat gluten have all hell to pay so I can empathise. Have you thought about seeing a naturopath?

Winzy, I say do as much as you can now! You will be stuck in the house soon enough and even though they are very portable you will be tired and feel less like doing stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question: What portacot has a nice mattress in it without feeling the support rails/bumps? I need to buy one but don't have time to shop around too much!