+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Digby - sorry to hear you're not feeling the greatest. I had low iron with E and I'm feeling pretty tired now too so the Dr told me to start taking extra iron too. He told me to get the FGF ones (orange label...last time I was on the red ones.) anyway, pharmacist advised me to keep up the water and fibre and only take after a meal for absorption. They can make you pretty blocked up iykwim. As LM said, red meat is good too. Pharmacist said something about vit C too. HOpe the extra iron does it's job and you feel a bit better soon.

LM - hope you manage to get some extra sleep this weekend. 4 hours a night is not enough especially with 3 little ones to take care of.

Waiting - yay for first week of prac down. I don't know how you do it.

E told us she had a sore ear a few times this morning so we took her to the Dr who said it could be the start of an infection and gave I's a prescription just in case. I'm just amazed at how much a little bit of communication can change things. We would have never known otherwise.

Happy Mothers Day Beautiful Ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to wish all you beautiful ladies a wonderful mothers day xoxox

I am so excited about our mothers day classic walk tomorrow and my first mothers day xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your advice on low iron, I've been taking the iron tablets with OJ but will get some vitamin c tablets also, can't hurt.

Winzy......the reason I had another scan was because I'm taking part in the asthma study & part of the study involves extra scans (hence why I was keen to participate) the scans are very thorough & with the last two the dr doing them has told me the Approx measurements of bubs & also checked placenta for me. I also had a scheduled scan at week 32 due to low placenta so all in all I've DEFINATLY had more scans then the usual. Have a nice collection of scan pictures in babies first album already, starting with the embryo picture at the start (although where not sure which one she is it's still nice to have it) but now where ready for some real pictures, so hopefully not too much longer!
    I'm actually having my tea ATM also. The lady in the health food shop said most don't like the taste but I actually don't find it too bad. Thanks for the reccomendation. Apparantly from week 37 we have to up the 3 a day to 5. Were you told that also?
    Sounds like your getting nice & organized. I'd only packed my bag the other day & have packed all 0000's for baby but may have to get E (my helper in the baby clothes dept) to swap for 000's if too small once shes born. E will have fun picking the outfits

Thanks waiting for your reasurrance re size from scans. Your right at this stage it would be hard to get an accurate size as there so squeezed up.

Lulumum......I hope you do manage to get some rest this weekend. I can imagine how the lack of sleep would be catching up on you. Has DH got a few more weeks of work still? I'm hoping so, that way you can hopefully get some more rest during the day whilst he looks after the babies. Having 3 under 2 would most certainly be hard work.

Liv......enjoy your walk & first mothers day.

Lisa......I'm so sorry to hear about DH's mum. I can imagine it's taken the excitement out of your very first mothers day also. A mother passing is sad at any time but especially so with it being mothers day also. I hope yourself, DH & C are all ok & can get some quality time together for mothers day if it all possible xxxxx

Shy......happy 1st mothers day, I hope the boys in your house all look after & spoil you tomorrow.

Happymothers day to everyone else & also to our first time mummies to be, Winzy & country!! We have a few graduates in the other thread also so hopefully they will come join us soon I just hope those who are still cycling have sucess VERY soon.

AFM......I've deceided as much as I would love more children after bubs is born I'm not going to push the issue one bit. Ivf is most certainly not on the cards as we can't afford to do it again. I won't be going on any contraceptive after birth, I don't really see the point as four years TTC but if it happens it happens & we will be overjoyed. TBH I'm just finding this pregnancy very difficult & as happy & appreciative I am it's finally happened the thought of going through it all again scares me. So I will leave it up to fate. I/we would dearly love another but also so very happy for the 2 we have been given, & although I'd love another close in age to bubs & maybe a boy fate it will be. Who knows having this attitude we may well end up getting UTD naturally next time lol!!! (not sure if this is the hormones talking or me, I guess time will tell when bubs is 4 or 5 months old he he)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Digby.....yeah i'm not sure on the whole ivf thing as well as i dont think we'll be able to afford it after we buy a bigger house later this year. I'm not even ready for a 2nd baby just yet so am not even thinking about how we will conceive the next one when we want to start trying.

Waiting....good work with the prac! 1 down, 4 to go!

Rach....poor little E. Hope it doesn't get too bad for her! I can't wait til Charlie can start telling me what's bothering him.

Winzy..I actually liked the raspberry leaf tea! 3 was enough for me each day tho but i didn't mind the taste. sounds like the nursery is coming along nicely!

MG....what's this big secret???

Hi to everyone else!

Thanks for your messages of support on the passing of my MIL. I think i'm more upset for DH as he was such a mummys boy but they had time to prepare for it while she went downhill with her illness. i'm sure it'll hit home tomorrow and at the service next week. My mum and I are flying to Syd on wed for the day to go to the funeral and i'm leaving charlie at home with my sister.

Sorry, just a quick 'me' post tonight as am waiting for the bottles to cool so i can make the night formulas.
    Anyway, feeling pretty sad and teary as I type this. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow as much as i would like to. I think it's only going to be me and my boy as DH isn't home from syd until Thurs (altho he did surprise send me a card which brought a tear to my eye).
    My mum was meant to be staying with me tonight and tomorrow night and this avo she ended up having to take my stupid sister to the hospital to have her 3rd unnecessary baby (sorry, i really really REALLY do not like my sister!). Her partner never has a working car so he couldn't take her. So I ended up having to call my friends to come and stay with me tonight and have asked if they can may as well stay tomorrow night too cos who knows what's happening with my sis - she thought her waters broke today but apparently it's not fluid from the babys sack. so i'm not taking any chances in believing mum will be here with me tomorrow night. We were all meant to go out to dinner tomorrow night too but i think we can kiss that goobye as life always has to revolve around my stupid sister and who knows if she will be back in hospital tomorrow night.
    So, Happy Freakin Mothers Day to me! not!

Oh, and to top it off, Charlie is sick with a cold too. Lots of coughing and snotty nose and etc. no temperature thank goodness but still a sick little bear.

Hope you all have a lovely mums day tomorrow!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sorry to disappoint but there is no big secret!!! Lost in translation - my comment "I can't tell you what I've been doing" read incorrectly. It meant "I have no idea what I've been doing, but I've been super busy and haven't had time to scratch myself"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Lady - I just read your post. So sorry that so much seems to not be going your way recently.
    Isn't your DH amazing to have thought of sending you a card while in the midst of this. Spend today with Charlie bear and go somewhere lovely together, and then next weekend spend time as a whole family somewhere, and hopefully C will be over his cold. I hope things get better for you soon. I also hope you mum can come and spend some time with you. Sorry things are not great with your sister. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa - Happy Mother's Day. Sorry to hear about MIL, so sad for your DH. I agree with MG, it was fantastic of him to remember your special day during this difficult time. Hope C gives you lots of smiles and is over his cold soon. My DH is at work, left at 4.15am and wont be home until 6pm, so no sleep in for me, or lazy day here either. Sorry to hear things aren't good with your sister, hope your Mum can pop in and spend some time with you.

Digby - Hope the iron meds kick in soon and your appt goes well next week.

LM - My phone has finally died, so I've lost your number. Do you still want to catch up next week? I wont be offended if you're too tired, I'm happy to take a rain check. I can't believe you've only just got tired, I would have been a wreck after 1 week! I hope you manage to get some rest today. I'm sure the family would understand if you miss any gatherings.

Waiting - Are you doing your prac in ADL??? I thought you were heading to the SE. Whoops! Well done making it though a week, I hope A continues to settle for you. We've had a rough time with S lately, but he seems to have turned the corner.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Sam slept all night, so that was a nice treat and P&J made me cards and bought some gifts from the school's mother's day stall, so I feel very spoilt. MIL is coming later and we're having take aways for tea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Mothers (and Mothers-to-be) Day!!!!!!!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day (even you Lisa despite the circumstances ) If theres anything I can do to help please sing out

Didnt get too much of a sleep in this morning, we had a late night last night, thought we would get a sleep in for SURE but then one of the cats decided to knock something off the kitchen bench and smash it at 7am which woke A up... GRRR!!! Ah well DH was lovely and got up to her so I could sleep a little longer but I kept hearing "Mummy, Mummy" at the bedroom door so it didnt last! Got spoilt with a nice necklace from A and a necklace from DH which was sweet, then went out to have breakfast with my Mum and her partner. Just visited MIL now its homework for the rest of the day for me....

Kiwi - Nope Im in Adel for this prac will be in the S/E in August/Sept (find out where exactly in the next couple of weeks). Cant believe its getting so close!!!

Rach - nawww poor Emi hope her ear gets better soon, thats awesome she could tell you what is wrong, TBH Im really glad A is starting to communicate better it makes things SOOO much easier. Just doesnt help when she gives me conflicting information....

Im counting down for mothers day to be over (hahaha for a good reason!) its making me CLUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Beat it out of me someone quick smart!! Must be a the reminiscing... DH and I had originally planned to start TTC next month, WOW that scares me now, so not ready!!! Not that we are trying TO get pregnant we just arent trying NOT to at the moment iykwim??? Damn hormones.

Have a good day!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa : i feel for you and david I hope things start to get better and that you are able to say a beautiful goodbye to his mother on wednesday and charlie starts to get better it is amazing during all of the he remembered to send you a mothers day card that is just beautiful if their is anything I can do to help please let me know hun

happy mothers day to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Mothers and Mums-to-be day!

Waiting....sounds like some lovely gifts you got there! bugger about then no sleep-in!

Kiwi....yay for sam and his sleep through!! . Sounds like you're being spoilt with lovely gifts too!

MG....haha! i actually thought that's what you meant but then I think it was Waiting who made me second guess myself when she thought it was a secret! haha!

Thanks to you all for your lovely support! Had my friend stay over lastnight and she cooked me a lovely breakfast of bacon and eggs this morning (well after i bought them from the shop yesterday so we could have a lovely breakky this morning) - but she cooked it for me! . When her hubby came to pick her up we all had breakky together and thankfully my lovely little boy slept through breakfast! .
    Then....he had a 2hr15min sleep over lunch! woohoo! gave me enough time to hang out a load of washing and clean the kitchen and then when i saw he was sleeping past the first sleep cycle i thought i'd go for a nap! well it took me nearly an hour to get to sleep and by the time that hour was up, C woke up! so not much of a nap for me but plodding along anyway!
    DH is now coming home on Wed night with us! can't wait! i couldn't handle it anymore! He was only coming home on thurs cos no-one could drive us to the airport due to the Wake for his mother and he was happy originally to come home wed night if someone was able to take us. anyway, tear after tear for the last few nights i'm well and truly over it and paid for a whole new flight for DH to come home with us and I'm more than happy to pay for train or taxi or airport taxi so we can all come home together! It will have been 11 days he would've been away for!

Also, i went and returned my things from baby bunting today and ended up buying a wipe warmer. Now, before i go opening it, has anyone found them cheaper elsewhere? i paid nearly $50 and then just thought i'd ask if anyone knows of somewhere cheaper??

Thanks!