+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lady.......thanks for the offer but I've already got them to hold one for me when they come in. They told me approx 2 weeks, would you mind just asking them again for me if that's still the case. Thanks
    Sorry to hear MIL has gone downhill. I'm not particularly close to my inlaws either but would still hate for anything to happen to them, ESP for DH's sake. I hope DH is ok xxx
    As for baptism outfits going by the size of our growing baby I think we will have to get her done quite early as I want her to wear the outfit I wore when I was baptized at 6 weeks. I was a 7 pound (average baby) so I'd hate her to grow out of it before her big day. E was a big baby too so I got her done round the 6 week mark before she outgrew the gown.
    If looking to buy a new outfit I think there's some stores around newton on gorge Rd from memory. otherwise you maybe able to pickup something nice 2nd hand on e-bay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lisa - there is a store in the shops next to the charcoal chicken place in Jan st at Newton (where Mark and Tony's fruit and veg is). They have lots of christening style outfits there. I think that is where Digby means. A place which isn't quite so "christeningish" but has nice clothes, we went to a shop on Jerningham St just up from the Lion hotel. "Parade Children's Wear". Have great things, and a few outfits a bit more suitable for christenings.

Hope everyone is going well. We have been busy enough here. Went to Middleton for the weekend, and this week we are telling people our news. Mum finds out tonight (she can't keep a secret so she doesn't find out until last). Then on Monday we are off to Cairns and Pt Douglas for a couple of weeks. Looking forward to a holiday with my boys. We will be staying with DH's cousin in Cairns, and then staying in a swanky apartment/resort in Pt Douglas. Should be great. Need to find some mat bathers!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    lisa it may be teething hun cooper does it all the time at the moment but he is teething.
    sorry to here about davids mum i hope he is ok and she is not in too much pain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just have to vent that I REALLY am not having fun with baby bunting at the moment! Every time i go there i feel like they're rushing me or i feel like i'm pressured into buying the product - i feel the pressure cos i feel like i'm being rushed and i dont know how to say no.
    I went in to get charlies new laundry hamper which was on layby (and.....aarrrrggghh.....i just remembered while i'm typing this that i forgot to order the BJ key holder thingy! anyway.......) and i ended up buying a few other things - and nearly walked out without even asking about the laundry hamper! woops! that's the only reason i went there....dir!
    Anyway, I ended up asking about high chairs and portacot (i got the same portacot as you LM) and I ended up putting on layby the portacot and a high chair and on the way home i was like 'do i really want those ones?!'! So after reading reviews on the high chair it was no wonder they rushed me through it, so i'm going to return both the portacot and high chair and stick it to them. Well maybe i'll keep the portacot, who knows, but i dont really have a big use for it - it's just for emergency. However, i did come back with a WICKED mat for my little charlie bear! finally, a decent big bright fun playmat for him!
    There is only one lady there that i've worked out that i like to deal with, the rest of them i dont like and dont feel comfortable with.

Has anyone else found this with baby bunting?

Now i'm going to continue my hunt for high chair and i'm willing to take recommendations of reasonably priced ones (i prefer not the ikea one at this stage). At the moment i'm feeding him in his bouncer which i can continue with for a little while longer but obviously not forever! I'm even keeping an eye out for second hand ones on ABB (ABB site and FB site).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa - yes on all counts on BB. I only like dealing with Keta - the rest of them are clueless. Like you said i bought another portacot today, maxs stays at MILs permanently and the babes will only sleep together, not in separate bassinets - so we had to get another cot, cant use their real cots yet as right next to maxs room and they wake too much throught the night - as in they would also wake max. Anyways, had all intention of buying a cheapie, had to return $70 worth of stuff today so didnt actually want to fork out any $ - yep, had one there for $59 - sweet, but no, got talked in to the more expensive one with all the bells and whistles. Again, felt very rushed, well, i was rushed, had to be home by 2pm for the next feed. So whatever, had to pay $50 extra (but it is pretty sweet, much easier to put up than my other one and the twins seem to like it) but as soon as i got in the car i realised i had been walked out the shop with them carrying my cot, and i cant even remember if i got a chance to say goodbye to you - thats how rushed i was. I actually wanted to go to baby haggle, but i rang first and they wouldnt accept my multiple births card for discount, whereas BB do 10%. i dont often go to BB, i made all my big purchases at YCN, and quite frankly i think their 'best buys' deals are a bit crap (JMO of course). Sorry also to hear about your MIL - hoep your DH is coping with you and charlie at such a difficult time xx As for thumb suckers - well, i have 2 with the twins, A does what C does and sucks her thumb while on the boob. Ive been trying to introduce a dummy more, i dont want to but i figur ei can take a dummy away (eventually) but cant really cut off a thumb. Also dummies dont interfere as much as thumbs with teeth (as in misalignment) so says my dentist, so again im pushing dummy over thumb

to all, where are rach and MG - need some pregnant lady updates pls x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm here!

It was great to catch up and meet everyone last Friday. We really should do that more often.

I had my 25wk appointment this morning which all went well except I had a trainee doctor (which is cool because I think they need to learn and practice, etc)...anyway, he couldn't find bubs heartbeat. I was ok with this for a while but after a few very long minutes the (real) doctor must have seen the lOok of panic on my face cos he touched my arm & reassured me everything was ok. As I said we need practice for these Drs but perhaps they should think twice beforehand if the patient has had 6 unsuccessful previous pregnancies. The other Dr ended up taking over and all was good. DH & I had been arguing all morning before this so I just wasn't having a good day to start with. Men! Argh!

Anyway, enough rambling from me.

Lisa, sorry to hear your MIL is not well. I hope your DH is coping ok and you're doing ok being husbandless.

LM - did you get my text today?

Hi to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM....in a way i'm glad i'm not the only one! but FAR OUT! they do get you, hey! I certainly hope that your new portacot is everything you want it to be for the twinnies and the money you paid for it! Can't believe you were so rushed too! you did say goodby tho! . I'm going to return both the portacot and high chair and see how i go elsewhere. As for the thumb sucking, i really want to get him out of it, can get rid of the dummy but can't get rid of the thumb later! i dont know how or why he started! Thanks for your thoughts on DH. He loves his mum dearly so it's a very sad time for him. She just gets worse each day and i can't imagine what it would be like to see your mum go through that.

So, now i have a WRIGGLER!! oh my freaking gosh! he is unstoppable and it was such an effort to feed him his solids and now it's a HUGE effort to change his nappy/clothes! FAR OUT! It's all starting i think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and LM, I had Keta today and dont want her again ever! she even ditched me at one stage and left me to look at the high chairs while she went and had a chinwag and laugh with another staff member and another customer she must know very well!
    I only ever like Tammy. She showed me through the walkers/activity tables at the end and i like her! have had her in the past and always have liked her.

Rach, glad all went well today but must've been scary about the heartbeat. i'm all for giving trainees a go too but they need to choose their words differently. they will learn though, just takes a bit of practice. Hope you and DH have sorted out your differences from this morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lady......my sister had a really bad experience at BB a few weeks ago. She went to buy a Phil & Teds pram & was disgusted with the service and lack of service. She ended up deceiding to buy through babies direct as she thought "screw them" if there gonna be like that. Personally I was happy with the lady that helped me when I bought the BJ. Didn't catch her name but she was very helpful. Lady, do u want me to call BB for you about the storage console thingy & get them to hold 2 instead of one & I'll let you know when they come in?
    As for high chairs I highly recommend getting one on wheels so when your busy eg doing housework you can wheel C around the house to watch you. You can also get them to recline back & also drop to different levels. I'm not sure what they sell for these days as where using the one I had for E as it is still in excellent condition & she loved it. I dont like the ikea ones either, to me they don't look stable eneough although I guess there fine otherwise they wouldn't be able to sit in them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lisa - I have the Peg perego prima pappa. I got mine reduced because it was discontinued pattern, but I LOVE it. It reclines (not that we use that as S was older when he started using it), it will sit at different levels which is good if I decide to be slack and sit on the lounge while feeding him. I originally had a chicco Polly and HATED it for everyday use. We took it down to the beach house. I can't pin point it, but I hated it.
    I have also just bought a booster seat called a Handysitt. We used one at the Flying Fish Cafe at Pt Elliott the other day. It sits on top of other chairs, so bubs can sit at the table with you, and is suitable from 6 months to 5 years. i think if you used it for a child who is quite young and without balance skills, you need to purchase an optional 5 point harness. otherwise it comes with a 3 point harness. it will be handy when we travel as it folds up pretty small and is very portable.

I have been reading, but have mainly been looking on my phone and what a hassle and a half to post from there!! Have been super busy, though can't tell you what I've been doing!! I told mum I was pregnant yesterday, and we have started telling some friends, so I should ring work before i start posting it on FB!! Spencer has been super cheeky, throwing himself off lounges etc, and scaring the hell out of me. I have my hands full with him, but wouldn't have it any other way.

Rach - maybe the doc should have looked for hb first, and then the student could have had a turn, considering your history. argh!! Glad everything is fine. I have to get nto organising my nuchal translucency scan. Ashford can't fit me in, so i may be going to sound diagnostics, which is better anyway because it's just around the corner. No counselling on the day, but I can live with that.

We are off to Cairns on monday for 1 1/2 weeks. Should be fun. Staying with DH's cousin and then we will also be going to Pt Douglas for a few days.