+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry girls, we can no longer make it, had a few things happen at home today an needed to stay! Hope u all have a great time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies hope you all had a lovely catchup & enjoyed your lunch.

Kiwi......welcome home. Sorry to hear your all a bit unwell, hope you all recover soon & the big kids ready in time for term 2 next week.

Lulusmum.....hope all went well with the babes & the big pram today.

Lisa.......if your still interested in the carry console which hooks onto the city mini I've been on the net just before & it's actually more expensive online through babies direct then baby bunting. (otherwise I would of seen if your still keen to get then delivered together) online it's $69 then an extra $14 delivery (unless you spend over $100 free delivery) at b/bunting it's $59. They are out of stock ATM but should get more in 2 weeks time so there going to call me when it comes in. I was surprised it's not cheaper online as usually is. I want to get the feeding tray for bubs but won't need it anytime soon so will save up first.

Winzy......have you got your results regarding whether you need to do the GD test again yet. Hoping all is good. As my dad has diabetes I got him to give me the finger prick test & all was good. I'm waking up about 5 times a night really thirsty but maybe it's just the warmer weather + feeling hot all of the time due to pregnancy??

Liv......adneyomosis seems to be very common. Dr T (who Lilly is seeing) had a hunch at my last transfer that I may have it going by results from endo biopsy. He also recccomended that I have a MRI but thankfully that was our successful cycle. If it shows up you (may) have it you may want to have an appt with him as he seems to be the expert on it & even "trying naturally" he may want to put you on steroids etc to help with implantation. Fingerscrossed you don't have it though.

AFM.......my psychic daughter (as she thinks she is lol) is adament tonights the night I'll be going into labour. She seems very sure about this (maybe as she wants it to be the same date as the wedding lol) anyway, bag isn't packed but shouldn't take long to pack if she's correct! As much as it would be nice I'd like bubs to keep baking for at least another week so I'm over 36 weeks!
    I feel very spoilt, work spoilt me with a lovely basket full of baby goodies. Was lovely to catchup with everyone today!

Have a lovely weekend & enjoy watching the wedding tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all thanks for making the trip to the catch up today ladies it was great to finally put faces to some of these funky online avatars we have I also loved having a hold and cuddle of the super cute Ned and Charlie too! Looking forward to catching up again soon x

Digby: wha? what u mean going into labour today or soon? Not yet girly!! I am sooooo not ready yet! we have to catch up for a cuppa before our bubs come too no worries on the gd front the ob just said well u do have 7.5 litres of blood and nonpregnant ppl only have 5 so it's natural to be super thirsty. Thats a relief!
    Afm: my best mate had her baby boy naturally last night after a 24 hour posterior (ie super ouchy) labour she is super woman! So excited for her. Baby shower this weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy.........enjoy your baby shower
    Yay also about no GD. I'm still getting super thirsty all the time too. I wake up feeling like I've had a big night on the drinks when of course I haven't & feeling super dehydrated!! Been having crazy craves for beer also. Can't wait for that winter beer in a few months
    As for labour OMG last night I had Braxton hicks pains which lasted about 2 hours & were quite painful. It got me wandering if it was the real deal after what DD said yesterday!! As I never had BH with E it felt like I was in labour but the pain didn't get any stronger & I took some panadol which helped so I then pretty much new I was safe. DH was freaking out as still a bit too early & I havent packed my bag as yet! Have you had any BH's? Not sure if there common in first pregnancys as I didn't get them last time but then again everyone is different. I'll tell ya what there heaps annoying though not knowing if it's the real deal or not!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone, was great to catch up with those who could make it yesterday, thanks again Winzy for organising it, you're looking FAB by the way!!! Hope you're baby shower today was loads of fun

Digby - Nooooo bubba stay baking a bit longer!! I had LOTS of Braxton Hicks with A, from earlier than 30weeks which sometimes was scary. Luckily she stayed put until 39+3 From memory mine werent very painful but sometimes VERY strong, felt like I couldnt move my stomach was that rock hard! Take it easy

Well Im officially a red-head again. Enjoying a relaxing night with a glass of wine and decided to go back to being a redhead again (havent dyed my hair since before A was born, back then I always had red hair, in fact pink for a while - my wedding photos on FB show the color I mean) felt a bit plain and boring so decided it was time to cover the greys before starting prac on Mon. OMG so soon!!! Taking A to see Hi5 tomorrow, I reckon she will LOVE it!!!

Hope you are all well and sorry if Im not posting much over the next 5 weeks, things are going to be a bit chaotic here. Just remember Im reading along and thinking of you all, cant wait to hear all the bubba news (Digby and Winzy) and updates on everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for a great catch up girls. Was great to put a face to Waiting, Rach and LM and see Winzy and Lisa again. All your littlies are gorgeous pity A wasn't there and can't wait to meet mini winzy and mini digby soon!

Digby I hope bubs is holding on! I never had any BH but my gf had them from 14 weeks really badly! Her bubs was induced at 40 weeks!

Waiting, GL in your prac and I hope uni get there act together re placement.

Peachy, sorry we missed you the other day, can't wait to meet GG!

Kiwi, hope you're all feeling better.

Hope ur all having a good weekend 

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - was going to post earlier but forgot - the baptism outfit we got max was 'dimples' brand by a designer called jane anne, and the shop we bought it at is called baby bien, used to be on melbourne st but i think is now unley rd. You can also order online, www.dimples.co.nz really classic stuff, i didnt like the look of baby size white tuxedos or suits, maxs was a silk romper suit with collar and quite baggy/puffy, looked really old fashioned- you can choose to have embroidery or not. If its a more casual baptism she also does the merino/organic cotton leggings, wrap cardigans etc which are divine. Cant remember if we are FB friends or not, but if not i will send you a request and you can see what max looked like in his outfit x
    Last edited by LulusMum; 01-05-2011 at 09:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks LM, would love to see the pic. We are FB friends so will PM you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby: that is so bizarre about the beer cos I am exactly the same! I have been totally off it - the smell on dh has made me baulk throughout the pregnancy but the other day I was cookig a recipe with beer in it and had a sip and it was soooo good!! must be near the end for us! I dont think I'd had bh I have had pain on my right side tonight I think from over exerting myself today in the games at he baby shower!
    Waiting: ooo best wishes for your prac - you'll be wonderful. you seem like you'd be a very calm confident cool teacher
    Shy: was lovely to see u again too and meet your little man
    Afm: baby shower was so lovely and lots of fun catching up with everyone and playing games n stuff... made me a bit sad cos I might not see some of the girls for a while. Got lots of thoughtful cute and practical gifts for bubby too so nice! Tomorrow is my first official day of mat leave. I'm not going to go to school after the holidays with everyone else how bizarre!  got much to do still though before bubby comes I hope I get a little time to relax!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Hope you are all well!

Winzy.....glad you had a good baby shower! glad you got lots of practical gifts as practical is very.....well practical! Yay for official maternity leave!

Digby.....How cute of E and her psychicness! (haha). Glad you haven't had bubs early though! bake bubby bake! I would love the keys/purse/dummy holder thingy for the pram! have you ordered one yet? i'm prob heading to baby bunting tomorrow probably so if you haven't ordered one yet i can do it for you?

Waiting.....hope your prac goes very well! so you're a red head now! do you feel good and different? can't imagine you as a red head! will have to check it out next time i see you!

LM....thanks for sharing the info on the baptism places! will keep them in mind.

Kiwi.....how are you and the kids? is everyone all better? are you all recovered from your trip?

Shy....great to see you and finally to meet Samuel!! such a cutie!!

Rach...great to see you and Emi too. you're glowing!

MA/MG/Liv hope you're all well!

Sorry but hi to anyone i've missed!

Question - how do you stop a thumb sucker? Charlie has a dummy only for sleeping and he only has it when he's really unsettled or unsettled when we're out, but, lately he's started on his thumb too! sometimes he likes to have his thumb and his bottle at the same time! I dont know why and it's an actual 'thumb suck' rather than an 'explore' thing. I dont want him being a thumb sucker so i'm not quite sure what to do. maybe coat his thumb in broccoli? haha!

I'm husbandless until further notice at the mo. He had to go to sydney to be with his mum who has liver cancer and has gone very downhill very fast. she's been given "it's only a matter of time" and she's not eating, not drinking, gone yellow and is moaning alot and just wants to sleep and now has a blood infection too, so it doesn't sound like she will be alive very much longer at all. He was meant to come home tomorrow morning but we decided it was best for him to stay there with his mum and so i cancelled his flight and we'll book another one when he's ready to come home which may be on sunday or early next week. So sad. As much as I dont like his family, it's still sad and i cant imagine what it would feel like to lose a parent.

Anyway, hope you're all well!