+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Waiting - sorry mate - no sleep is tough. Max has periods like this too, when he will not sleep for like two weeks, needs rocking and bum patting like a newborn and have to have day sleeps either on me or with me in bed - i really have no advice apart from just to ride it out. will she sleep in the pram? could you rock her to sleep in it then park it in the nursery, or hit the shops. man, you need a break, can you ship her off to childcare more often to get a rest? i hear you on the work thing - love staying at home but cant wait to work, am even thinking about picking up a shift or two when the babes are 8 weeks old - brett could handle them if i picked up a day shift (only 2 feeds and they just sleep all day anyways) - cant wait to be an adult again!!!!!!! Did you have any luck finding more care for lex for your prac? Oh - ive heard the occasional care at ingle farm is brilliant - i wa sthinking about taking max for the odd morning to have a break and so he can have a play - maybe check it out if you need some time out xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LM - Lexi got sent home from daycare last week for being a poohead, clingy and needy they used the excuse she might not be well. No daycare booked this week cos of the public holidays but Im going to have a stern word with the ladies that she is NOT sick she is just being difficult and they will have to ride it out, I CANT come and pick her up once I start prac next week. Thats IF I can even get her in the extra day, waiting to hear back at the moment. Bring on Friday my Lexi-Free day Got SO much work to do though She wont sleep in the pram, Im about to go out to the shops and try to get her asleep in the car again apart from that theres nothing else. Wheres the Occasional Care at Ingle Farm?? And hubby is wondering why Im at my witts end and feeling so negative at the moment.... sheesh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ingle farm comunity kindergarten - beovich rd i think. I havent looked in to it yet, just had it mentioned to me by a friend as an alternative to booking max in to permanent childcare. Just a suggestion although if shes screaming im sure this isnt it - but is she eatimng enough? max was night waking everynight so i started bulking up his meals (what we eat) with more carbs - pasta or potato mainly, and now he is back to sleeping through. We knew he was hungry cause he kept wanting milk through the night. Have you tried a bed - another friends daughter who is two weeks older than max was doing the screaming thing at night and she didnt like the confines of her cot, big girl bed fixed the problem - maybe try putting her cot mattress on the floor and getting her to sleep on that - might work??? I know with ella the issue was she was turning alot and hitting the sides which ended up in screaming...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting....sorry to hear A is going through a difficult stage. Reading your post certainly brings back memories. E was a perfect lil baby BUT whoever made up the saying "terrible twos" got it wrong in our house E was at that stage closer to the 18 month mark & boy did she keep me on my toes at times. I often had to drive her round the block at this age to get her to sleep & the tantrums were shocking. Thankfully it was just a stage she out grew but it did take a few months. (then it returned when she was 3 EEK!!) I would DEFINATLY let the daycare know it's a stage & she's not sick, it's there job to handle it while in her care & they certainly can't be bothering you with it whilst your on your prac (unless of course she is sick) Fingerscrossed that doesn't happen, your so close now to finishing your degree. It will get easier mate, like I said the terrible twos usually start much earlier but you will find in time as her speech develops everything falls into place.

Lulusmum........your doing a fantastic job feeding the babes as well as running after Max. I honestly don't know if I could do it. I'd like to think I could but, man you must be so tired. That's a shame your appt isn't for another 3 weeks but great news A is putting on weight.
    Going to ask a really dumb question....what do you mean by tounge tied? I'm sure it's something simple I'll go "oh of course" once I find out lol!!

Well girls, Unfortunatly I won't be able to go on Friday now as works do is at 12 pm & they can't change the time. Bummer
    Thanks again Winzy for organizing, I'm sure you will all have a great catchup! On the positive side I won't be working anytime soon so hopefully I can make the next one
    Might even have one at my house in the future (ESP if can't drive for the 6 weeks)

Ps waiting.....just remembered. Incase the ingle farm occassional care is booked out Keithcot Farm Kindy (Wynn vale) also do one for toddlers. I know the kindy & occ care there used to have a fantastic name back 10 years ago when E was little but not sure if that's still the case but incase inglefarm is booked out & u wanted to look into this one as another option Kiwi may know as I think her kids go to the school next door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think food is the problem as she hasnt been interested in her bottles at night. Wakes and asks for one but then doesnt want to drink it I think she only asks cos shes awake. Im thinking the cot might be the problem... oh dear dreading taking the sides off... might be worth a try though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting.....also I had E in a bed (with toddler rail) from around 16 months or so & she loved it. It works more so I think if there not a climber etc. E used to treat it like a cot & still wait for me to get her out in the morning. DEFINATLY worth a try though. Goodluck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM....sorry to hear about A's tongue-tied. I actually dont know alot about it. Is it something that surgically needs to be fixed or does it just sort itself out over time? i might google and read-up on it just cos I dont know alot about it. I'm so so so glad that you broke the ice in your group! i was going to suggest you do that but by the time i got to the net today you had already done it! It only takes one person to break the ice and then it's amazing what you find out. In a way i'm glad to hear you're not the only one with feeding issues. it helps to know there are others out there that are having feeding issues too and that you can be of help and support to each other as well. goodluck with the paed! hope the next few weeks pass very quickly for you! Did the LC have any other advice to offer?

Waiting.....big mate! sounds like a very rough time you're having and it's definetely rough timing for it too considering you're starting your prac next week! I hope that your stern word to the daycare centre is heard and that they pick up their act and dont send her home just because she's being difficult. kids can be difficult some days and as carers they just have to deal with it as it is their job to look after children on days where the parent cant. I will have a big glass of wine with you on friday if you like! . The tantrums can be hard! geez i find charlies grizzling hard some days and it makes me re-start that countdown to when i return to work! I take my hat off to anyone who can stay home til their child goes to school. I would probably go a bit nuts and be completely bald in that 5 years! . you know the offer is there for me to take lexi for a day until you get her into daycare - if you're struggling. it might make the day go faster!

Anyway, i guess this house work isn't going to do itself! geez i hate this house! i really really really do and i CAN NOT WAIT to move later this year! even one tiny bit of clutter makes the whole house look messy!

Osso Bucco cooking away in the slow cooker for dinner tonight! surprise for hubby! i love surprising him with nice meals!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waitting : it is damm hard work when they are like that all the girls have fantastic ideas all i can say hun is try and be patience as it helped getting me through Coopers hard times and finally at 5.5 months he has 3 1 hour sleeps a day and is a much happier baby

Lm : it is great that you have answers about A and that you just have to keep doing what you are doing ( a Fantastic Job ) and now just to wait for you pead appointment

MG : I hope your appointment went well and you got to see the heartbeat again have a great night out again.

Digby : sorry you are not able to make it hope you can make it next time.

asfm I had an appointment with my ob/gyno today as i have been having issues since having cooper and i now have to have a MRI to rule out adymious sp? as we are now ready to start trying for number 2 and know it will take a while

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ob appt went well. Had a scan and saw the jellybean bounce on cue for us!! All good. Had a pap smear as well, and found out I have 50% chance of getting gd again. Feeling good. Told her I feel tired and big, and that I'm starting 10kgs heavier this time than last time. She set my mind at ease, reminding me the prednisolone puts weight on. I'll focus on getting fitter once I wean off the pred.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats awesome MG. You going through the same OB again? Must be strange being back there again! I take my hat off to you, Rach, LM and Liv going back for 2nds again so soon, despite fert issues I just cant do it yet, Im still too scarred from my first!!!

Well my little Energiser Bunny has now decided going to bed is overrated. Screaming and tantrums galore. Im beginning to wonder if my child will ever sleep again.....