+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks guys for your advice on bf'ing.m I am in a multiple mums group and noone else is having issues, but then i wonder if its because we dont know each other well enough to complain or admit its difficult. Lisa - i never though about expressing off one boob while ned has the other - will try that today. As for the teething gel - it used to be one bottle only and they shouldnt have changed that rule - tyhe reason it was one a day was because dome dipstick gave their kid the teething gel instead of panadol and overdosed them. We bought a bottle whne max started teething and are still on that same bottle now so you only need a tiny bit. For those that use it i would recommend putting some in your mouth just to get feel for how powerful it is - i used it on a mouth ulcer once and i was a drooling mess, couldnt feel my lips for ages

Gotta run - feed time at the zoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to support LM on the issue of teething gel. One bottle should last you ages so I wouldn't be getting more than 2. It is dangerous if not used properly so use in moderation. The idea of testing on yourself is excellent

LM you are probably right that others aren't confident to tell how difficult they're finding it. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with a friend who is having issues.

Look forward to catching up with you all Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with the teething gel too. We still have the first bottle we bought too! Liv, the Green Dispensary also sell a version of the teething gel, if you are over this side of town. I believe there is one in the hills, and also one on Kensington road.

Well, we have our first Ob appt today. Booked for 3:30pm. I have cleaners coming at 1:30, then I'm off to MIL to drop off Spencer, back home and then off to appt with DH. Then we are off to MIL for dinner tonight. Parents in law are off OS on Friday or 5 or 6 months. Looking forward to hearing bubba HB again today, and then I think we book in our 12 week scan??? Yay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well - Annabelle is tounge tied!!!!!! that explains so much, was saying to Liv last night i suspected it and sure enough she is.....Now just have to wait for paed appt to decide what to do - thats still 3 weeks away but as she is still putting on weight etc they arent that concerned - just keep doing what we're doing for now. I also bit the bullet and put in my multiple mums FB group all the issues ive been having - surprise surprise - just needed one to beak the ice - 2 mums have been in hosp with mastitis, one is expressing and bott feeding full time, one has had her MIL move in to help with night feed top ups, another 2 are full time formula feeding - i think its soooooo odd that women can be our own worst enemy, we should be able to be honest about all this crap but instead we pretend everything is fine when its really not - anyone else find this?

So loking forward to friday, should be a beautiful day for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM for being the brave one to break the ice!
    Poor little A. Hope you can come up with some solutions in the meantime. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG - Enjoy your appt today and dinner tonight too.

LM - Good On you for biting the bullet. It really does just take one strong person to start things going. I remember with my first m/c when I told friends what had happened it was amazing the number of people who said they had also had one. I wondered why we don't share this information with each

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops...other as it really would make things easier on ourselves to kn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops...sorry...anyway it would make things easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM - Forgot to say sorry Annabelle is tongue tied but it must be good to know why she's having feeding issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you LM!!! I suspect tongue tie was the problem with A, problem was I hadnt heard of it at the time and no-one suggested it not even doctor or CYH lactaction consultant or any middies so I was completely in the dark. If I have problems feeding next time it will be the first thing I get checked out. Hope it helps the feeding for you!

Im sorry I need to have a vent

The other night A decided to be awake from 1.30 - 6am the other morning. DH and I took in turns each hour looking after her but NOTHING worked. OMG what do you do when they are like that?? I debated just getting up and letting her play to wear herself out but I dont want to teach her bad habits. About 5am I took her for a drive and she fell asleep then Hubby decided to go back to bed and fell asleep forgetting to turn the outside light off etc so as soon as I got home she woke up again. Good one.

I dont know what is going on she is being so difficult at the moment not sleeping and not napping. She has screamed through the last 2 weeks of swimming so Ive now withdrawn her (had to do so for next month anyway while Im on prac) and is refusing to nap too. Currently listening to her screaming in her cot. Problem is she makes herself sick if I leave her screaming then I have to clean up spew. Panadol and teething gel makes no difference.

Im really at my wits end now!! Beginning to think the study/sahm mum ship has sailed, I need to get back in to being a professional again (or at least pretend anyway) I just cant handle the tantrums all day every day!!! Dont get me wrong I love her to bits but Im just so over it!! I love having a toddler as she is so much fun, but Im finding being at home with a toddler all day is much harder than being at home with a baby for sure. Its such a bummer Im so close to finishing uni, its not worth quitting so I feel like Im stuck

Ok gotta go calm her down shes gonna spew. BBL with a happier post I promise!!