+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladysnit: hi there! We r in the casual dine area the lady said we'd be best off down near the outside area (but not outside cos of smoking and also cos there's another big group out there that day) apparently it's down the back near the gaming area but not right near the pokies?? I don't know the lion that well so hopefully it's ok... this is apparently the best spot for us with room for prams etc 

Lm: I can't imagine how tricky it must be to bf with twins! I take my hat off to you! are u with the Australian breastfeeding association? They have local b'feeding groups on monthly and a counseling line too apparently. Best wishes with whatever u decide to / have to do

Afm: I'm a bit worried Easter might have tipped me over into gestational diabetes I'm really really thirsty and peeing constantly luckily I have an ob app on Thursday so can suss it then. 
    I'm off to dumpling king and ycn and ikea again tomorrow yay! Love a spot of shopping! 

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LM - Hats off to you mate, you're doing an awesome job with twins! I know what its like though to have a lazy "sucker", A was exactly the same. Was happy while the milk flowed quickly but as soon as it slowed thats it she wasnt interested anymore. Lazy b*gger wouldnt suck for herself and its pretty hard to make them!!! Expressing is hard work (and I did it without having to feed another, you poor thing!)

Initially I was b/feeding first, then bottle feed to top up, then expressing enough to have a top up ready for the next feed and you're right by the time you've done all that plus change and burp, its time to start it all again It was a very difficult decision for me to decide to express full time and stop b/feeding but in the end it worked for me as I didnt have the stress (and tears) of wrestling with a screaming non-attaching baby, and cut all the feeding time down heaps. Not saying thats necesarily the right thing for you though, its a decision only you can make. Trust me I shed many tears for many months over my decision though and mourned not b/feeding, hence my determination to express full time until 6months!!!

On the BF v Formula debate..... Bah what do they know?? I remember I felt terrible going to my Mums group for ages being the only one not breastfeeding. Yes I totally support breastfeeding as it is best for baby but sometimes there is too much unnecessary pressure to b/feed too. Mum knows best is my theory, and it needs to be whatever works best for you and bubs, not what is seen to others as "right".

Good luck with the LC tomorrow, and like Shy said maybe Torrens House might help too.

One thought though (not sure if it will work) but if you have good flow and letdown when Ned is feeding, can you put a cup or bowl underneath the other breast to catch milk from the other breast while feeding N to use for A? Ive heard of people with abundant milk supply doing that for singletons just cos their milk was crazy and didnt have a 2nd baby to feed the other boob, but maybe it might save some expressing time and at least give you some EBM to feed?

MG - Love your new ticker by the way!!!
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 26-04-2011 at 20:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM....is it possible to express one boob while Ned is feeding from the other? And then switch sides?

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM: honey you are doing an amazing job it is hard when they are born prem that is the exact problem that i had with Mini C (but i had no milk) good luck with the lactation consultant she may have some excellent ideas and ppl just need to mind their own business ....

Help Help
    Mini C has started teething is their any advice that you all can give me ????

I am getting some wch teething gel tomorrow lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liv - the the stuff from the WCH best stuff by far. You just go to the pharmacy / dispensary inside the main entrance and ask for it. $7 per bottle but it lasts a little while, has ingredients that bonjella etc doesnt have. We use Bonjella as a "back up" but its not that great. Brauers teething stuff did nothing.

Other than that, A never liked teething toys, we just gave her a cold flannel to chew/suck on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liv I got 2 bottles of the WCH gel for $8 each the other day. You can only buy a max of 2 so I suggest maybe you stock up while you are there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow you got 2, bonus it used to be only 1 per person per day!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep but 2 is the max.

Liv, if you had mat with you, you could possibly get 4. You could go alone to the pharmacy and get your max of 2 and then mat could go to the pharmacy alone and get his max of 2 and they wouldn't know that you are hubby and wife!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy - Thanks for organizing Friday.

BFing was by far the hardest part of being a new mum for me. LM, I dont know how you do it. you're doing a fabulous job and I believe happy & healthy babies and mums are what's important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning!

re the house stuff. I also meant to thank you all for your replies. Doing renos is out of the question i think. there is WAY to much stuff to do to make this house in a style that I am now looking for. Would just spend as much to do it up as we would to spend buying an established house. We also have those high/angle ceilings so building up a story isn't as easy either. if only it was easy then we'd have WICKED views of the city! ho-hum!
    I'm desperately waiting til 9am when i'm sure the LTO and the council will be open so i can ring them and find out the size and dimensions of the block!

Hope you all had an awesome easter weekend!