+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 136 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and kiwi I agree, no day sleeps and then a cranky babe at night is EXHAUSTING!!! I fe your pain! Sorry to hear you were up so early, I was too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - Sam hated being wrapped, I gave up at about 5 wks tops. Could you try a sleeping bag, S was in one at that age. Try and get one with long sleeves, warmer for them.
    I am exhausted too, lots of coffee for me today, I'll risk a migraine.....................
    Sorry I don't know what you mean re earth???? Brains abit slow this morning.
    ARRRGGHHHH, just saw the time, I'd better get this tribe organised........................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol!

Kiwi stupid phone auto corrected me! Earth was supposed to be warmth!!

Do you cover him with anything over sleeping bag and what does he wear underneath? Where do you get long sleeved ones from I have only seen short sleeved grobags...

Sorry girls, I seem to have hijacked this thread!
    Last edited by Shy1; 04-04-2011 at 08:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy : Mini C hated being wrapped or in the wombies he is in a grow bag we use sleveless and put him in a grow suit in it and he only has a bottom sheet on his not and he never feels cold I went with the grow bags cause they are the only ones recommended by sids.

Good luck with torrens house hun I really hope it helps I ofen think of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - target sells them for about $20. They are really good for cold winter nights. S has a singlet, pj's, sleeping bag, blankets over top if need be. Obviously layers come off, go on, depending on the overnight low.

Liv - I really don't see how an age/size appropriate sleeping bag could add to the risk of SIDS. How's C going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls....just wanted to add I've stocked up on the short sleeved ones from target. There alot cheaper than the other fancy ones & look perfectly safe to me. I like the idea of the short sleeved ones when there very little. That way you can just put them in a singlet & romper underneath as kiwi said & if need be a baby blanket on top. I will be wrapping of course as a newborn & will keep doing so for as long as possible but thought it was worth while to get a few of these sleeping bags also & as there a size 0-6 months Im sure we will get some use out of them.

Shy......all the best at T/House I hope you find them helpful & you get S into a good routine for day sleeps, Fingerscrossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Shy - good luck at Torrens House. S stopped being wrapped at about 6 months I think - maybe later. We used love me baby bags with him as he hated being wrapped, but then I changed him over to grobags and he was happy as larry.
    I used mainly the grobag brand. I know another lady who used the merino bag brand which is MORE expensive as it is wool, but she swore about its breathability and I think it was long so could be used for a longer period of time. I have also used the bonds snugglesuits from Big W and loved those - they were a tighter fit, nice and snuggly. I never popped a sheet over the top as I was under the impression that they were designed to be a sleeping bag and free from covers, otherwise i think I would have put S straight under sheets and blankets. - That was my issue though - he wiggled so much I thought he would suffocate if he got under. i just made sure that I dressed him appropriately for the temperature, and we also have an oil heater in his room which we would have on low to keep the chill out. If you get a grobag, there is a small room thermometer included and a guide as to how to dress bubs. You get a good idea after a while how your particular baby likes to be dressed at night though.
    If bub doesn't move too much, I cant see the harm in using a top sheet as long as you follow SIDS guidelines yada yada yada!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would seem LM has had a partial placental abruption. She is in hospy, and will be having her section today. Little bubbas want to meet mumma early. Good luck LM.
    Will post when I get more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG you beat me to it Ive been out all morning!!! I am literally SITTING on my phone with anticipation, it hasnt left my hand since I got LMs message. It seems these bubbas just want to meet their Mummy!!! LM - good luck, not that you will need it, I know you are in the best of hands Beth will have everything covered. Enjoy this special day, we cant wait to hear your news!!!

So, thats the final bets then ladies???? Im still saying Girl Boy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh how exciting!! all the best Lulusmum I'm soooooo excited for you! I'll have to keep popping in to hear the wonderful news!! My guess is also one of each
    At least we will know before the day is over