+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 136 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Digby and Winzy : thank you for organising friday I will see you their i may be a little late

as for nappy bags I am off a different thought on everyone else (Sorry) i have a biggish one and it has compartments in it a an area for bottles and it leather I love it mine is always full lol

if you guys have tiles or floorboards I would recommend a bubbamat they are awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy......thanks heaps for organizing Friday. Because of the public holidays I still don't know for sure if it will clash with works do but will let you know when I know. Sorry to be a pain. If I do come (most likely E will be with me) she's 100% recovered so not contagious, just needs a bit of fattening up!

DH is busy in the nusery today. Got a new blind & curtain & he's been busy building shelves. I'd say by next weekend should be close to complete

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howdy!

Winzy....thanks for organising Friday!! Are we in the pub area or the restaurant area?

Digby.....hope to see you there! I went to the big green shed yesterday and it was a mad house!

MG.....yay for spencer and his first choccy! i say he deserved it after being so sick recently! . We always used to go to oakbank on easter monday! I reckon we did it for about 20 years straight but none of us went this year as the last couple years it had gotten way more expensive and the crowd alot less so just didn't seem to be the same. . Glad you guys had a good day tho! Did you win lots?

Kiwi....bugger about the weather! glad you had a nice few days. sorry to hear your mum is sick but a big that you got to see your grandad! awesome!

Shy....will be good to see you guys on friday!! hope S sleeping is better!

Rach...will be good to see you guys on friday too!

Man, does the BF v EBM v FF debate ever stop?! geez it doesnt make anyone less incompetent or smarter or dumber or etc. for goodness sake just let people feed their baby how they feel most comfortable doing it! I must admit there are days that i really miss BF and i wish i could just attach C to the boob (especially when he's sleeping on mummys chest is when i feel i miss it most). I will try to BF for longer next time but for my first time in the mummy role i did what was best for my sanity at the time to make happy mummy and happy baby!
    Sorry, just read this below story on adelaidenow and i just wish the debate would get laid to rest!
    MUMS who breastfeed are seen as "less competent" than those who bottle-feed their babies. Montana State University researchers used a series of experiments to determine what people thought about women who breastfeed.
    Their results show such women are viewed as less able to work and even thought of as more likely to be poor at maths.
    In one experiment, college students were paired with female researchers, who pretended to be just another participant. During a break, the researcher listened to a voice-mail message that was loud enough for the participant to overhear.
    The researchers alternated between four messages, including one that implied she was breastfeeding.
    The participants were asked whether they would hire their partner if they saw her profile on an employment website.
    Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

Related Coverage

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Those who received the breastfeeding message were rated lowest in maths and work competence and were less likely to be "hired" by their partners than those who were thought to be mothers who did not breastfeed.
    "It's possible women who breastfeed are viewed as less competent because observers see the women as objects, as is sometimes the case when women are sexualised," researcher Jessi Smith said.
    "Incompetence comes because when you think about an object, you don't think of it as something that's intelligent or smart or thinking."
    Australian Breastfeeding Association spokeswoman Tracey Kelly said the results were surprising because well-educated women are most likely to breastfeed.
    "It's a well-informed decision backed by research. Doing so suggests you are competent," she said.
    Warradale mother-of-three Sally McDonnell breastfed daughters Lucy, 5 and Elsie, 4, and continues to do so with Chloe, eight months. "I think breastfeeding shows you're not incompetent, there's lots of known benefits," she said.
    "I wouldn't say I've experienced prejudice.
    "People just seemed surprised when I expressed milk, that it seemed like a hard thing to do."
    - with The Daily Mail, London

Thanks
    Reviews
    lisa - couldnt agree with you more -since having the twins sooooooooooo many total strangers ask me how i feed them and feel they have a right to comment - sh!ts me no end. i have even been laughed at when i say i feed separately for modestys sake when out but tandem feed at home - the look of disgust i got was awful. i hate that something so personal becomes up for public discission and scrutiny - we are all trying to do whats best for not only our babies but ourselves and others in the home who have to live with the decisions we make. Feeding the twins has been the hardest thing i have ever done, thought it would come naturally after having done it before but it hasnt - been damn hard work and thats only sorted Ned out - Annabelle still has issues with her suck so off for a lactation consult tmrw to see if we can improve - if not she'll be getting the bottle full time - but you know the worst thing about this is that i cant even talk to anyone about this cause everyone in my mums group BF's with ease and my family (mum etc not brett) think im just tired and irrational - never ends...........

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM....i can imagine how hard it is with twins! I finally got around to asking my mum the other day how long she breastfed us for (cos i'm a twin). She said it wasn't very long cos i had colic and i was a hard one to deal with. She said cos of the colic she had to put me on full cows milk from 3 months old! ! She also told me that she had to shut me away in a room and leave me to cry a couple times so she wouldn't kill me! (not that she would hurt me). I sort of felt sad after that. sad for what i put her through when i was a baby. lucky i was an angel of a child/teenager after that!
    I'm happy to lend my ear for a chat if you want. Maybe the LC can help you. If Annabelle has to take full time bottle do you think she can eventually get back on the boob if that's how you prefer to feed her? I hope you can get to feed the twins how you prefer to and however it may be i certainly hope you dont cop any criticism for it! BF twins was never meant to be easy for anyone but you're doing a super dooper job.....and i tell you what.....far out you are a damn good inspiration to all the mothers and mothers-to-be of multiples and even singletons! you're proving that anything is possible and it just takes that extra effort to make it work!
    Dont listen to what anyone has to say if they're going to be negative. You do what you feel is best for you all, that's the way it should be!
    Anyone who can breastfeed twins is a bloody inspiration!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a load of rubbish Lisa hey. How can any decent person even contemplate criticizing mothers who feed whatever their chosen way. Disgraceful.

LM. - you have my utmost respect for bfeeding twins. When I was in TH there was a girl with twins with feeding issues and boy it was hard for her. Don't forget torrens house is a good resource if you need more help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops pressed enter to soon. I don't care what people think anymore, when S needs to be fed I feed him. I fed him on the back of our wagon today at the beach! Fortunately I think it's a minority that frown on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lisa- just what i needed to hear. TBH i dont know if A is cut out for the boob - she is such a lazy suck that even when tandem feeding with ned, when he triggers the let down and milk gushes in to her mouth she with barely suck that down. She is still on the prem bottles, they are squeezable so you just squeeze it down her neck - i know its the comp feeding that stuffed us up but to me weight gain and going home was more important than fully breastfeeding at the time - other issue is i just dont really have time to express - each boob feed takes about 30mins, then buroing, settling, giving A her comp feed - by the time thats over max is either at the end of his tether or im too exhausted to express - hoping the LC can give me some sort of schedule to stick to so even if A is bott fed it will ve expressed milk. For the record i have nothing against formula, but the cost of it when im producing buckets of breast milk seems silly, and i dont have heaps of time to prep formula each day - also i feel bad that ned gets boob and a gets bottle - i enjoy my feeding cuddles with ned but A is really frustrating me at the moment so brett does most of her bott feeds - bring on the mummy guilt. When i was pregnant with them i promised myself i would be rational about all this sh!t, see what bloody hormones do...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's hard not to be emotional about this stuff when it happens TO you LM. I think you are doing an amazing job, and N&A are only a few weeks old. B won't be around to help you soon enough, so you will be having enforced cuddles with A. Don't feel bad. You will have plenty of time for A.
    Hope max is doing well.
    People need to mind their own beeswax. Hmf.

Sorry - on my phone. Can't get much on here. Xx to all of you

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy.....good on you for the back of the wagon today! hope your day out was very enjoyable!

LM.....i think that's what i miss most about BF is the BF cuddles - altho yes we still get lots of cuddles anyway! You're right, weight gain and getting babies home is the most important. If you only want to give them breastmilk then by bottle or boob they're still going to get the milk you want them to. i can imagine that your time to express is at a minimum but if we all really want to do something we just find the time to make it work. I hope the LC can help you with a good schedule. As for the mother guilt, i hope you dont feel too guilty as there isn't anything to feel guilty about. just means that A gets some bonding time with daddy when he feeds her. There is only so much you can do so please try not to beat yourself up over it. you're trying your best and that's all you can do. I had a major case of mother guilt lastnight when charlies grizzling got too much for me and lucky DH was home cos i cracked it and ended up in my room in tears. DH kept saying for me to give C a cuddle but i just couldn't. I felt so bad that at that moment in time i didn't want to cuddle my own child cos i couldn't handle his grizzling (even tho at the time DH was offering me that cuddle he had settled C anyway so it would've been a peaceful cuddle anyway). I felt like a failure too. Anyway, i've kept that to myself but just wanted to say that i guess at one time or another we have that mother guilt feeling over something and we just need to take the help and support that is around us.
    If DH wasn't home i would've just been in tears until he came home but lucky for me he was there at the time.