+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 136 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Waiting - I'm so sorry I haven't replied earlier to your question about shoes. I meant to and then it just completely slipped my mind. Getting the right fit is hard...especially from online stores so going to Ollie Ashenden is a good idea. I ended up getting E a pair online from My Baby Shoes. I ordered them Wednesday afternoon and they arrived Friday morning. Really fast! The size looks good but she won't let me try them on her. She only wants her old shoes on. I don't really blame her though as her old shoes are much cuter.

Kiwi - I hope P & J are all feeling better and you're all having a good time.

Lisa - How were the shanks? They sound great. Did you make/marinate them?

Winzy - Woohoo for maternity leave. Hope you're resting up.

MG - How was the wedding?

LM - The bubs are just gorgeous. I can't wait to meet them. I hope they're feeding is going ok and they're putting on weight.

AFU, we had a busy weekend with friends over for dinner Saturday night and then family Sunday night. My sister and BIL went to Sydney for the weekend for a wedding and left their four kids with my mum and dad so they all came round here last night. The four of them plus one of their friends plus E = mayhem! I was exhausted when they left. E's latest vocab is 'oh man' when she drops something. Where she got that from I have no idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi........sorry to hear about the big kids getting sick, I hope there feeling much better now & yourself & S haven't caught the nasty bug.

Winzy......hope your enjoying mat leave!! Not long to go now

Hi to everyone else sorry for no more personals not thinking straight today. Poor E started vomitting round 11 last night & hasn't stopped. She's caught a nasty gastro bug so I've cancelled all our plans for the rest of the week as Dr said she'll most likely be contagious until fri/sat. She's now having a hydralite iceblock & Dr said if she doesn't start keeping fluids down by 12 hours it's off to the hospital. So far so good, she hasn't been sick for nearly 2 hours. Hopefully I don't catch it also, Fingerscrossed. Last night felt like a taste of what's to come in the coming months. Haven't had a night like this with E for years, I'm sure there will be more to come once bubs is here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby - that sux, hope E feels better soon, what a way to start the hols...

Winzy - yes, yes, yes - a slow cooker should be on the list of baby essentials (as should espresso machines)!!!! We have used ours nearly every day, especially great as food stays hot so if one of us has to deal with the babes over tea time we can still have a hot meal (eventually!). Also fab as most recipes are for 4-6 people so always have leftovers for lunch or to stock up the freezer - great for days when nothing gets done. We dont have time to make from scratch these days so use the mccormick brand slow cooker sachets - they are YUMMY! We have the russell hobbs big size - think its about 6 litres, sounds alot for 2 people but im glad i got it now that there are 5 of us, great to use for dinner parties too

Rach - sounds busy, Max's new catch phase is "whoops" very cute

all good here, twinkle toes yest and newborn photos this morning - very cute, cant wait to see them. as to be expected very little in the way of sleep here, babes are defiantely snapping out of the prem stage, waking every 2-2.5 hours o'night - bring on 8 weeks when we can get some order happening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Digby.....sorry to hear about E! poor little girl, hope she gets better real soon!

LM.....glad to hear from you and that all is going well! can't wait to see those professional pics too! we haven't done twinkle toes yet! keep meaning too but then keep forgetting! I reckon maybe we'll do it at 6 month mark as a reward for making it through the first 6 months!

Winzy......yep definetely get a slow cooker! We currently have one but are looking to upgrade to this one very soon - http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp?prod=520 (it's the Breville Flavour Maker if the link doesn't work)- you can use it on stove-top and then transfer straight into the slow cooker base - so no extra dishes!! I used ours yesterday for those scrumptious lamb shanks and today i'm making a masterfoods farmhouse chicken casserole in it. am becoming a little obsessed now that the weather is getting cooler!

Rach....sounds like you had a very busy weekend! 5 kids! wow! i can only imagine the chaos and noise! as for the shanks, i didn't need to marinate them before cooking as the cooking sauce did it all. Look up the Plum and Rosemary Lamb Shanks (slow cooked) recipe on Taste.com.au and give it a try! you will not be disappointed! for anyone that does give it a go, i put only 3/4 cup of jam in it and an extra cup of red wine! CAN NOT WAIT to do it again!!

Seems Charlie has found his voice and likes to use it everywhere!! what happened to my quiet little boy?! . He's very much obsessed with blowing raspberries too! cheeky little bugger!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy - my russell hobbs is on sale at the good guys (just got the catalogue) - under $50 normally about $90 - BARGAIN!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby: oh dear I hope your dd is better sounds a bit miserable. I am havin fun just doing stuff i should have done weeks ago!!
    Lm: thanks for the tip re slow cooker will be trekking out to get one tomorrow can u use the russell hobbs one to sear food first then put it straight on in the machine to slow cook? by the way what is twinkle toes? Looking forward to seeing some pics  
    Ladysnitzel: hi there thanks for the info on the slow cooker that's a good idea getting one that u can use to sear then slow cook but wow it's expensive. Will check it out and see what we can afford
    Afm: carpet cleaner coming tomorrow morning then nursery furniture arrives yay!! Can't wait to get everything set up we have been umming and ahhing about doing an extension in the not too distant future but it will probably impact on our quality of life... but we will need it eventually (hopefully if we can have another ivf bubby) and t will get more  exxy in the future... it will cost about 190 k all up for a new living room kitchen master bedroom ensuite and walk in robe so much money hmmm what would u do? There is no moving as dh has just finished creating his manland out the back! 

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy - you cant sear in mine as the insert is ceramic - TBH i dont sear the meat before slow cooking anyways - just creates extra dishes and works just as well if you dont sear first, ive heard the searing is mainly to make the meat look nicer cause its brown, but once its all cooked up with the sauce/gravy you cant tell if its was seared or not. twinkle toes is a business that take hand and foot castings of your bub and they frame them up - really lovely reminder of how tiny they were. I have pics up on FB of the twins, not sure of we're friends on FB though, but PM me your name and i can add you so you can have a squiz at the bubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, at the farm now, poured with rain the whole drive up. Thankfully Dad has an awesome car. J is still unwell, vomitted again Mon night. I have a sore tummy and (TMI) a bit loose. Sam is a bit cranky today so I'm hoping it's nothing to sinister. Still managing to have fun. J has spent lots of time with FIL on the farm. Into town tomorrow to go the movies, nieces are with us atm and go and see some relatives. Back to Mum's on Friday. Thank God I've got Dad's fuel card, petrol is $2.29.9 per litre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Digby - I hope DD is better. Thankfully J stopped spewing in time for P to start, so I only had to deal with one child at a time. Phew!
    I think I'll need a holiday when I get home.

Take care all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi: Oh you poor thing hope the sickness leaves your fam alone so you can get on with enjoying your holidays!

Lulusmum: Cheers for that yep I will PM you my name so I can get clucky over your little cherubs

AFM: Sitting at home waiting for the nursery furniture to rock up and had the carpets cleaned this morning looks soooooo much better! Have been checking out childrens ikea online so much cute stuff gonna have to check it out on the weekend with DH.
    Question: Did any of you guys get sore hips when trying to sleep? Mine are sore pretty much constantly and its worse when I lie down in bed. Any remedies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Winzy - you may need a trip to the physio to get some exercises. I had sore hips, and saw a physio, plus was doing some pregnancy pilates through the same physio studio. Definitely helped my hips. Think I may have the same issue this time around, as I am getting a little tender already.