+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1351
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats Moongazer, DH and S on the birth of Archie Alan!!! Clever boy on his due date Now MG.... his middle name IS Alan isnt it???!!! (I remember there being an sms mix up with S's name ) Enjoy the newborn snuggles!!!!

Wow I cant believe Little Miss A is 2 today!! She had an awesome time at her party thanks to those who came. Ive uploaded some pics on FB. Im KNACKERED though!! She crashed out for 1/2 hour about 4.30 (put herself to bed on the couch, she even went and got her blanked at penguin who she sleeps with!) nawwwww Im off to the S/East again in the morning for the week, never know how good my intenet will be so if Im not online thats why!! Need to sort out job stuff and hopefully find somewhere to live!!!

Hope everyone is well xx
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 30-11-2011 at 19:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the congratulations!! Was totally unexpected on Saturday!!
    Got home today. Spencer is at childcare, and we will pick him up early today and try to EASE the pain for him having to share his parents now.

Quick birth story then I'll have to fly for a bit. Couldn't get 3G at hospital (thanks Optus), so just catching up now.

Woke about 5am on Saturday morning and went for a loo stop and then had slight AF pains. Not unusual as I had been having them all week. Had some pains about 1/2 hour later and another 1/2 hour after that. Fell asleep again and then hung out in bed with S until about 7:30ish. DH made S and myself some cheese on toast, then I started feeling a few aches again. Had a shower about 8ish and came out after some ouchy contractions and told DH we should get S off to his Sister's place - now though!! DH bundled him off and was only about 15 minutes, but I was finding my contractions had become about 1 minute to 1.5 minutes long and closer together. I was thinking he was taking forever, and cursing him to hurry up . He had a quick shower while I was on the phone to the hospital. Since I was talking through the contraction she didn't think I was too far along, but was happy for me to come in for a check up since we live around the corner and were happy to come back home if needed.
    By the time I got to hospy I was pretty ouchy. When I was checked, I was 6 cms!! Ordered the epidural straight away as it was my last chance. Epi got in about 10:45 and I started pushing at 11:00. I had a VERY mild epi given, and after it was in they checked me and I was 10 cms! Crazy - I had done all the hard work already! The epi helped with the last contractions, but was light enough for me to fully feel the pushing phase - which I wasn't expecting, but which was quite do-able, if stingy. Archie crowned, then while we were waiting for the next contraction to come, freaked me out by having a wiggle, then he was out!
    I had a 3 1/2 hour labour, but I gotta say it was a great experience!
    Only 1 tiny tear, my pelvic floor feels much better than it did after S was born. Oh, AND at a most civilised hour thank you very much!

Archie's labour started properly at 8am and finished at 11:27am. He fed straight away and we had some great time on our own with him afterwards. Different to S's birth where he was taken to the nursery for a couple of hours due to breathing difficulties.

BBL - to catch up

Happy birthday Lexi!! _ lol Waiting - yes it is correct this time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MG - What a wonderful birth story, so happy for you. Enjoy those baby snuggles, drink up that amazing baby smell. I'm sure S will be fine. I can see him being very protective of his little brother.
    Rest up when you can.

Waiting - How's all the plans going?

Rach - How are you're girls? Is Emi excited about Christmas? Sam doesn't have a clue, but next year will be a whole other story.

Liv - All the best for Fri, grow eggies grow!

afm - All good here. Sam is going great at speech therapy and starting to attempt some words. Nearly finished the Xmas shopping, but no tree this year until Xmas Eve as no where to keep it safe from Sam. I've done a backflip, I will go back to study when Sam is 3. Well this week anyway, I've got until August next year to make up my mind. Hope everyone is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG - What an amazing birth story. I bet you're glad you got to the hospital when you did. I hope it all goes well with S. I'm sure he'll be a fantastic big brother.

Kiwi - Great that Sam is getting a few new words now. I imagine there'll just be more and more from now on. My girls are good. They're both asleep at the moment and it's soooo peaceful. Emi doesn't really have much idea about Christmas except that she knows what a Christmas tree is. We haven't really said much to her but I'll just explain things to her as she comes across them. It's our local pageant this Friday and it starts in our street so there's a lot of music, action and craziness right outside our door.

AFM, I spent last Friday in at our office working and DH stayed home with the girls. It was great! I really needed to be doing something different for a chance.

Gotta run
    xxx
    Last edited by RachInSyd; 30-11-2011 at 15:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow awesome birth story MG!!!! As birth was exactly the same up until the pushing (time frames and everything, sooo spooky felt like I was reading her birth story!!) the middies had bets on I would have a baby by 12noon but she had other ideas and go stuck GRRR!!! Good to hear your recovery is going well, Im sure S will love his little brother!

Rach - Getting out and doing some work (non-child related!!) can be so good sometimes! I know for me it gives me the sanity I need. Dont get me wrong, I love that Ive had 2 years at home with A but my days at uni and now working are much needed!

Kiwi - yay starting study sooner, how exciting! Hope it all comes together for you. And good work S trying some new words!!

Still away at the moment, been absolutely snowed under with work to prepare OMG holy cr@p!! Ah well the more I can get done now the less stress next year. Heading back home on Fri night. Might come back in a week or so to get more done, will see. Hopefully have found a place to live too, just waiting to hear back from Govt employee housing. Im also trying to sniff out some casual work for DH so fingers crossed it all comes together soon!!
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 30-11-2011 at 19:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today Liv!!

MG - Hows everything going? Settled back at home with Archie?

Im back in Adelaide this week (got back on Fri) had a crazy busy week last week with preparations for next year but now A is sick Nasty cough, losing her voice (so cute though!!) and conjuntivitis... off to the docs for us today! Just praying I dont catch it cos it looks like I have to go back to S/East again next week....

Hope everyone is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    thinking of you today Liv.

Waiting - seems you are shooting to SE and back to town constantly!! Hope A gets better soon and you don't get conjunctivitis.

Doing well here. DH is home this week, and back to reality next week. Archie is a good sleeper, though has this massive 3 or 4 hour awake period in the afternoons, and then has trouble sleeping on his own afterwards. Needs to fall asleep on one of us. My theory is he is hungry but to tired to eat enough, falls asleep and when put down he wakes hungry and unsettled! Oh well, the first 2 weeks are always a bit up in the air and non logical! So far Archie has been pretty chilled out too. Spencer has really taken to him and is already saying his name and wants to see him in the morning. He is giving Archie plenty of snotty and sloppy kisses

Thanks
    Reviews
    nawwwwww moonie, sounds like archie has fitted in to your little family beautifully. Spencer sounds like such a great big bro, max now asks for the twinnies every morning for bed cuddles before he gets up - squishes them and calls the his 'best friends' - MELT!!! hope you are doing well, i dunno about you but i find things run a bit smoother when im on my own with the kids as much as i love it when brett is home

Waiting - oh that sux about lexi being sick, ned has conjunctivitis too atm, and im treating belle just to be on the safe side - ffs, me and ned have been sick now for 10 freakin days - soooooooooooo over it!!!

well, nothing major to report, max has his xmas concert on wed night where he is singing - should be good for a laugh.....unfortunately we will be at a memorial service on friday for a fellow multiple family who lost their triplets at 21 weeks - so sad, extra big squeezes for all our bubbas tonight please xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM - Oh thats so sad about the twins Hope everyone in your place gets better asap. Germs galore here, A has now shared her germs with me... feel soooooo cr@p today!! Hope Max has fun at his concert, A loves singing now its sooo cute! She can sing the whole playschool song now haha!!

MG - nawwwwwww your post made me clucky!!!! Sounds like Archie has settled in beautifully

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG - So cute about Spencer with Archie. Sounds like things are going well. I agree with LM, as much as I love having DH around, things are so much calmer when he's not there.

LM - That's so sad about the triplets. Max will be so cute at his concert, he's such a big boy now. Very cute big brother action too. Hope you guys get better soon.

Waiting - for you and Lexi too, hope you both feel better soon. Off to the SE again! Hope things calm down for you soon, bit hard to pack, if you're not at home.

Liv - for today's fert rate.

afm - all good here, slowly getting the Xmas shopping done and enjoying the last few wks of school. I can't believe it's December already!!!!! DH's birthday today, he has me cooking a lamb roast for him, gee it's only 30deg today! I'm also trialling some Xmas day desserts. Then off to Cold Chisel in the evening. Have a great day everyone, I'm stuck in the kitchen.