+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1351
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi was great to catch up with people who could make it today

MG - WOW you are looking FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to the docs this afternoon had BT done to check levels after m/c. I looked bruised and battered now, they had SOO much trouble getting blood out of me but thats nothing unusual. Oh and I got the bad news that my GP is leaving, moving to the North East clinic. Bummer cos I really havent had good experiences there

Last day of Uni tomorrow WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! Then have to figure out what the hell Im doing next year.... we made the decision for me to not work (just do relief), have another baby and not move but oh man Im so confused cos we are now doubting whether or not we have made the right decision and if relocating might be the right move to make. So confused.... Oh well just get through tomorrow then I can stress about that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All

Laura - Hope you are doing OK at your last day of uni - bet your happy we all cheered you on a few months back when you wanted to chuck it in!! You should be soooooo proud of yourself -i know im proud of you!!! Just sending some support your way, no doubt when coming down off the climax of knowing you finished, combined with your recent loss hits you will have a few rough days ahead - thinking of you xx Also, didnt really get when you said yesterday when you said you didnt want to be here (der.....i thought you meant at bubbles!) assuming you actually meant you dont want to be in adelaide anymore? Well, i guess i can go back to what i said originally after you had a neg pregnancy test - that at least it confirmed what you did want - as in if it was neg and you were dissappointed you would know for sure that a bub was what you wanted....just because this pregnancy didnt turn out the way we had hoped doesnt mean the next one wont, so dont think changing your whole plan for what to do next year is the way to go......not that its my decision of course, would just hate to see you give up on this and take a job away then realise it wasnt what you wanted - you poor thing, im confused thinking of your situation, i cant even imagine how you must feel.....think you need to have a good long rest and enjoy a few weeks stress free with yor baby girl, if you need anything im here

well, heres my news: im weaning the twins.....they are both biting - i have marks all over my BB's and i have started dreading feeds - so think its for teh best. They are on huge amounts of solids now, milk is complimentary to that so my supply was suffering anyway - did last feeds last night and they were lovely and quiet and snuggly with no bites so a nice way to end my feeding career....will continue to pump 4 times daily and wait for my milk to go naturally, which it has already started to decrease so shouldnt be long.....both have taken to the bottle with gusto - Ned cant believe his luck the the milk flows so easily and quickly annabelle not fussed but thats just her feeling good today - lots more time for playing with my big boy when they can chug a bot in 5 mins

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM - good for you for making the decision. It's a tough one to make...I know that. Youve done an amazing BF job! Well done. E cried yesterday when I started expressing because she wanted me to play with her. Broke my heart. And here I am now expressing in an open-air car park with a billion peoPle walking by.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeeeeehaaaaa waiting! Congratulations'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all,

Waiting - Congrats! I hope the hangover's not to bad. All the best with your future decision. Just wanted to add I think LM had some really sound advice about waiting a few weeks before making any huge decisions, re moving. Take some time out to relax and reflect on things, rather than rushing a decision after everything that's happened. Now that said Missy, you and I need to arrange a drinking session.

LM - I think you're amazing bf twins for as long as you have. And gee, 2 babies biting my nipples would have me dropping it too. Hope your milk supply drops of nicely. And here's a because stopping bf for whatever reason is emotional IMHO.

MG - I still smile at the memory of Sam snuggling up to you at bubbles, so cute. And yes, you are looking fantastic! Are you able to go to term with the GD, or will you need to be induced?

Rach - Hun, another amazing mummy. I just couldn't do the expressing thing with a toddler, my hat goes off to you. I imagine (excuse the pun) it's very draining. Wow 16wks! Must be strange cause she's only really 6 wks.

Liv - Mini C is his usual gorgeous self.

Hope everyone else is well.

All good here, looking forward to our trip to Port Lincoln next week. Only 4 days, but tbh that will probably be enough. Sam does not like his glasses and I struggle to have them on for more then 10mins a day. Baby steps in that department. We also got a word, "hi". Exciting stuff! He is also starting to recognise the odd toy and bring things to us. We're getting there. Speech path, booked for 2nd Nov, my calender is filling up. Must go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning

Im FREEEEEEE!!!!! Sooooooo happy!!! Went out for drinks and dinner yesterday with people from uni, I think there would be some wicked hangovers today (not me though!!)

LM - You've done an awesome job b/feeding twins for so long.

Kiwi - Yay Sam!!!!!!! Enjoy your trip away

Rach - Oh I dont envy you at all having to express, it was hard enough doing it for A yet alone having a toddler running about. Youre amazing keeping it up for so long!

AFM - Well Im officially in limbo land Have to get all my paperwork processed then Ill be ready to teach! Yes, LM you're right I know I need to take some time to chill out the make a decision but OMG I want to know whats going to happen NOW!!!!!!!! Im sooooooooo torn. Stay and try to get utd and have a bubs (but how knows how long it will take??!!) Go and work and in 12 months time start trying..... If only the school was in Adelaide or closer to Adelaide and my decision would be easy

Im enjoying chilling out with A today. One of my friends had a little girl yesterday so might go and visit her this afternoon if she is doing ok. That will test how I really feel about newborns... either Ill be really clucky or busting to give the baby back

Hope everyone is well and staying warm and thanks guys for all your support, I really appreciate it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh how good was THAT feeling - I got to finally turn off my Uni ticker cos it was counting back up again. NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, hope everyone is having a nice long weekend. Of course my DH is at work, but come Wed he's off for the rest of the school hols.
    I must start packing for our trip, haven't even thought about it, which is not like me. I usually have things put aside and a million lists around the house. Must get organised. We have deciced if we are all having a good time and we are getting enough sleep (Sam), we might stay on an extra night or 2. Play it as it's comes. Now I just need some good weather.
    Just found out my little bro is coming over next month for a short holiday, yahhh!
    My Dad and SM are coming in Feb and my Mum and her new man are coming in March, wahoo!!!
    Sam is hilarious and so much fun atm, but exhausting! Yah for naps. Thankfully I have P & J home to help entertain him.
    Hope daylight savings has gone smoothly for everyone. It has here.
    Catch you all later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kiwi! And Thanks Waiting! Yep I'm feeling pretty good atm being preggers, so feeling lucky I haven't gotten to the uncomfortable stage yet.

No Kiwi, my Ob thinks I will be induced, but I have to wait until the 36 week growth scan to make a decision about my delivery times. Of course, it may not be too bad anyway. My GD is really well controlled, so i am now doing my BSL 3 days a week ( a couple of times on each of those days), so as it's so well controlled I am assuming I will be able to go closer to my date as it would be unlikely the bubba will grow out of control. I have measured about a week ahead of my actual dates, but we all know growth scans can be quite incorrect. My fundal height seems to be a week ahead though.

Waiting - how did you go seeing your friend's newborn?? Did you get to enjoy the cuddles?? I hope so. i hope you don't feel like you are in limbo land too much, and that you get to enjoy having a bit of time off without making a decision.

Kiwi - Sam is Gorgeous to cuddle into!! Maybe I should wear that necklace more often!! Hope you get organised and the kids don't drive you absolutely batty in the holidays!!

LM - hope you are coping with the weaning. Very brave move and I think I would also be quite hesitant having 2 little nippers at me day and night! Like Kiwi said, hope you are ok. I hated weaning, and really missed it, even though I knew it had to happen.

Rach - hope all is well in your land! How are you doing with your expressing? Have you started having doubts, or are you still thinking of persevering??

AFM - I have booked flights to Sydney on Friday and coming home on Sunday evening. A very close friend lives there, and I am going to stay with her and her family for a big catch up. DH nagged me to get onto it and leave!! He researched the flights and pregnancy info for me, and pretty much is pushing me onto the plane. I was having some minor meltdowns recently and then mentioned that I was sad i hadn't visited my friend, but it was probably too late, and that I wouldn't be able to see her for a while once this bubba comes. I love him for pushing me into going!! S will stay with DH and I will have a weekend off. Don't think my MIL is too impressed. I think there is the notion that if they suffered, then certainly you can't move with the times, and you have to suffer too!! I have heard numerous stories this morning bout how her husband would just leave her and knick off interstate etc and she would be with 3 or 4 kids, or about the time she went to WA with her 3 kids. All I could say was that DH wanted me to go, he went to Abu Dhabi last year for a grand prix, which was purely relaxation, and that i am glad times have changed and that men tend to have more involvement in the raising of their children. Oh well. Who cares!! While we like each other, she doesn't get me and thinks I'm this independent, modern woman just because i drive "All the way" to Golden grove on my own! DER!! I guess it gives you an idea! We are just VERY different people.