+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 136 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Digby your DD sounds so precious!!! She is going to make a fantastic big sister!!!

Lisa - oh yeah the bibs.... thank goodness we dont go through as many now cos A doesnt dribble, its just the food everywhere now

Quote Originally Posted by LadySchnitzel View Post
    I was 4pd 8oz when i was born (i'm a twin) and that's 2.18kg (we did the conversion lastnight thanks to google)! she said i fit into a shoebox! oh my goodness, i was a wee one just like annabelle!
    I win!!!!!!!!!! I was 2lb 1/4oz (reallly just 2lb I think they added the 1/4oz to make everyone feel better ) or 930g. Though I was really prem (30 weeker) due to placental abruption like what LM had. Still freaks me out that I weighed less than a bag of sugar....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Waiting....that's soooo tiny! Our bubs is already over 5 pounds. Maybe I'll end up winning a comp for having the biggest baby lol!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby.....your story about DD brought a tear to my eye! how absolutely precious! at least she'll be well experienced when she becomes a mother later in life! She'll be the perfect big sister for now!
    Did you get lots of nice bibs? where did you get them from? I dont want fancy expensive ones but i would like nice-ish ones for when we're out in public and etc.

Waiting....yep, you cute little munchkin you!

Had another follow-up appt at the hospital today for charlie. they're sending him for a DMSA scan at WCH. this scan involves injecting a dye into him and then waiting for 2 hours then taking some pics of his kidneys to see if there's any leftover fluid or scarring. will see what comes of it but hopefully all clear! They're not doing that other procedure (MCU - scan up the willy) just yet as that tests for reflux, we just want to first see what this other scan/pics show first. We also did his measurements and weight. He's 6.29kg, 41cm Head Circ, 63cm long. Each of those in the 10-25% range.

Oh, and has anyone seen those Sophie giraffes?? I want to get one for charlie but want to know if there's anywhere cheaper for them besides baby bunting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    lisa - just research sophie first - there have been heaps of reports of choking as the legs can get lodged in bubs throat - we nearly bought onr for max but decided not to based on the warnings - dont mean to scare you but would hate for anything to happen to charlie x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the heads up LM! always good to hear of other peoples opinions!
    Did you get anything just as good for max instead?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa - I was also going to warn you about the sophie monkeys. I heard the same thing as LM (probably heard it from the same place too). I hope Charlie's scan comes back with the all-clear.

LM - You certainly are a supermum! I hope Ned has gained weight by Friday. Max sounds proud of his little sis already.

Digby - You nearly brought a tear to my eye too with the way your DS said thanks to you. How sweet.

Kiwi - Hope the flight went well and you're having a good time.

MG - Feeling good I hope.

Winzy - Enjoy your last day of work.

Hi to everyone else!

Well I seriously have to spend less time on the PC looking at kids online shoe stores. I hate to think of how many hours I've spent looking recently (when I'm supposed to be working). I did finally just order a pair of shoes for E though...can't wait to get them! The ones I bought online two weeks ago are much too big so I had to get another pair

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa........hope Charlie gets the all clear from the scan. Sounds like a good plan to have it done other than the other one for now.
    As for bibs I stocked up when baby target had 20% off a while ago. Did a big layby of all the essentials, all in one singlet (bodysuits),socks,bibs & rompers. Target also had quite a few bibs going for clearance which was even cheaper than the 20% ones so grabbed a heap of them too. I went for the material style velcro as I hated using the ones you tie up. There alot cheaper but a pain to tie up I found & as E pretty much lived in her bibs being such a dribbler & always milk overflow I figured I'd rather nice ones so have done the same this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting and Lady snitzel: dh and I have been trying to catch bubby wriggling for a while so pretty chuffed we finally got it thanks for the tip on bibs lisa will chuck a few more in the shopping basket c sounds very cute blowing bubbles and stuff awwww
    Lm: sounds like you guys are going well I hope both bubbies start feeding well soon - I'm sure they will when they get a lil bit bigger  
    Digby: your story about dd is lovely she will be such a massive help to you and a lovely big sister 2 days till mat leave!!! I canna believe it! 
    Looks like we might have a cupple of new graduates in here soon - 2 bfps on the other adelaide thread yeeeeehaaar! Congrats to you two
    Afm: had a lovely day chilling at the beach for work today but was SO tired when I got home I jut crashed out for 2 hours hope I can sleep tonight - 2 days of work to go eep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySchnitzel View Post
    Waiting....yep, you cute little munchkin you!
    Yes well I know I am but back then I looked more like a skinned rabbit.....

Rach - any suggestions on where to get decent shoes?? I have SO much trouble getting shoes to fit A.... driving me mental! I really want to get her some decent ones for winter, might go to Ollie Ashenden to check what they've got.

oooh 2 BFPs in the other thread how exciting, might pop my head in to congratulate!

Well my niece is now home, she got the cast off and has leg/hip braces fitted. poor thing is in a bit of pain still but hopefully she will be able to get on her feet soon and fingers crossed the surgery has now worked...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning!

Waiting....glad your niece is getting better. Hopefully the pain goes away for her very soon! hope everything has settled down with your family.

Rach.....the shoes were too big? yeah right! . I bet you just accidentally got them too big so that you had the excuse to buy more for now!

Digby....I certainly will be buying the velcro or button bibs, i dont particularly like the tie up ones, not at the rate we have to keep changing the bib on C! Just like singlets, i prefer to only use the button up ones too. Glad you got yourself well stocked on them!

Question: at what age do you stop worrying about over-heating your baby?? At what age can they start regulating their own temp?

Today consists of getting 4 new tyres on my car! ! wallet says OUCH! Then off to buy bibs, bibs, and more bibs! oh and look for some more warm clothes for both me and C! And probably a new washing machine altho i'm trying to hold out on that one. our washing machine sounds like a space ship when it does the rinse cycle so i'm hoping it wont suddenly rocket through the ceiling/roof and will wait a few more months for a new one! will see.

Hope you all have a great day!