+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1351
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shy - Thinking of you and your family xxx

Lisa - so sorry to hear about your grandma passing away. It's nice that you and your mum were there and she wasnt alone.

I had my u/s sound today and as I suspected there is still placenta present. We didn't find out much more. I have an appt in two weeks so I guess we'll discuss what happens next then. I'm quite sure there'll be more surgery but we'll find out more then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Lisa - I'm so sorry I missed out on the news of your gm. Big hugs to you. I hope it was peaceful xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach so sorry to hear there's still some placenta. Will they surgically remove it?

MG glad to hear your trip is going so well and S is behaving.

Sorry not much time for too many personals plus tbh my head not thinking right and I can't remember what I've read. E still hanging on by a thread but is comfortably sleeping.

Question, I'm having trouble moving DS onto lumpy food (very mildly lumpy too!) he just gags and projectile vomits. Did anyone else have this prob? He's 7.5 months should I just wait a bit longer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning

Rach....sorry to hear that this isn't all over! I hope that the next lot of surgery is the final part you have to go through and that you can get on with being with your family healthy and happy afterwards! big hugs!

Shy....thoughts are with you! My uncle too is hanging on by a thread. he's been given days to live (please no-one say anything on my FB). Glad E is comfortable though. As for the lumpy...we still have a bit of trouble too altho he's quite ok with finger food. When i've made batches of food for him i now just mash it and not puree it and he's mostly fine with it but gags on pieces if they're just slightly too big so i think the size of 'mashed' is a good way to start if you're not already doing that?

We gave C his first taste of shop bought (Raffertys Garden) food lastnight. Yuck! i tasted it myself. So glad i home make all his food. It was absolute emergency as we decided on the way home on the bus to go to mum and dads to spend time with them and because it wasn't pre-planned we didn't have any food for C with us - apart from making him toast at their house. So we ducked to the shops first. He didn't eat a whole lot of it. Was the Risoni and Garden Vegetables for 10months plus. I bought him the vanilla bean custard too which he didn't get a chance to try cos he was getting too cranky and tired so i've actually kept that in my handbag incase of emergency stop out again this week.
    Maybe i just chose a bad one, who knows. lots of people rave about Raffertys stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - sorry to hear things no good x also - with the food thing, max was an all or nothing kid - it was either pureed or not, no 'lumpy' middle ground. At 17 months i was still pureeing roast dinners for him, but it all stopped at 18 months and he just eats and ate normal cut up food from that point. I think some kids have texture issues, Max still cant eat 'lumpy' things - for example he can eat pureed pumpkin soup but cant handle the consistency/texture of minestrone. He can eat smooth yoghurt alone but cant eat it over chopped fruit - its either in bits or its smooth - does that make sense??? Sometimes it was soooooo frustrating that i had this kid that could eat bluddy sandwiches for lunch but i had to stick blend his dinner - just the way some kids are i guess......

Well - boring as usual here. happy to say that the twinnies are only waking once a night for a 10 min feed and take no settling for any of their sleeps anymore. Only issue is they want to go to bed at 5pm, right when im trying to bathe max and get dinner done - this should extend out over time but for now its 5..had planned to have ahuge rant about some annoying people i had over today but i cant be bothered - some people are just rude is all.....Oh, and Mr Max is well on the way to being potty trained. He did 2 poos on the toilet today - i was really busy at one point when he told me he needed to go (bad mummy told him to just do it in his nappy...) and he held on till i had finished what i was doing - good boy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach.....sorry to hear about the placenta. Like the other girls said I hope they can remove it successfully soon so you can put it all behind you & move on & enjoy your lovely girls.

Shy....sorry no advice in regards to the lumpy food but what Lulusmum said makes sense.

Lulusmum.....welldone Max!! Hopefully soon you won't need to buy nappies for him, will save you a bit. Nappies x 3 kids soooooo expensive! I know you mentioned going to MCN's, sounds like a good idea. Just wanted to mention also incase you haven't tried them before, the target brand dri bots is what we use & there much cheaper then huggies & TBH I feel there just as good (IMO) There $25 for a box but quite often target have them out for $15 a box.

Lady.....nothing beats home cooking!! I know what you mean about the bought baby food, ewww!! There great to have as "backup emergency" but don't beat homemade cooking!! I'm planning on doing some "cooking days" a week or so before Z starts solids so I can start freezing her veggies etc. I can't wait until we get to the solids stage but at the same time don't want her to grow up too quick.

Paul.....happy birthday to your little girl, can't believe shes one already, time flies

G'day to everyone else, sorry for no more personals, I wish there was some way on the iPhone to look back on previous posts whilst typing. My memory is getting worse!

AFM.......well I'm happy to say we've had 10 fantastic nights in a row!! It looks like the combination of sleep school,taking Z to the chiro, a stricter routine with Z's day sleeps & a little bit of cheating using my sisters pram bassinet has all paid off!! Z seems so much more content now these days also as do myself, DH & E. DH has even mentioned now having a 3rd baby. I would absolutely LOVE another one also. Unfortunatly we don't have the finances to go through IVF again so it will have to be a natural miracle this time round. The good news is I don't feel the "pressure" on myself like I did TTC Z. I'm so content & love my family of four if I can't conceive naturally it won't be the end of the world I have my girls. Where not using any form of contraception so if it is to happen at any particular time from here on would be great! I'm guessing until AF returns I'm not ovulating ATM anyway but if I was to fall pregnant anytime soon after it returns would be awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby - - go Z - you must be feeling great and soooooo good to have a bit of predictability to your day. We are also hoping for a natural pregnancy, i thought i was done but i know im not....(call me crazy!!) If it hasnt happened by the time the twins start kindy i think we will use our frosties - one at a time of course!!

Lisa - max loves the raffertys sweet stuff - the apple and mango organic and also the choccie custard is delish. Im not sure if C eats tuna/salmon, ricve, creamed corn etc, but we kept cans of tuna and the small tins of creamed corn in my handbag, also the sachets of pre cooked rice that just needs heating. Much tastier than savoury baby food (max wouldnt go near that stuff!!) and you can still make up a balanced'ish meal using just normal adult tinned food - not ideal but if its only occassional it wont hurt.

had the babes weighed - fatty boom bah (aka Ned) weighs 8.2kg, and annabelle is 6 on the dot - im gonna end up lopsided at this rate!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lulusmum....I don't think your crazy at all, ever since I was a little girl I always wanted four kids. I still do but would be happy to settle for one more as four kids in private schools (although E will be in yr 12 when Z starts school) not sure we could afford that or just the cost of living in general. I do feel a tad sad about the whole "natural miracle" thing. You hear the story so often.....a couple try's years & years to conceive then finally through IVF they get there baby then without even trying get pregnant naturally. I don't want to get my hopes up about this story happening to us incase it doesn't. I really wish E could have had a sibling close in age but that couldn't have happened as DH & I got together when she was nearly four then deceided to wait until we got married first, then it took another four years before I finally got pregnant but this time round I do have the opportunity to have one close in age to Z at least & I so dearly hope this happens but I don't want to dwell on it as I'm so happy & do feel so blessed to have both my girls. Call me crazy but I actually feel ready now to be pregnant again & Z is only 10 weeks old lol!! I'm guessing I'm not even ovulating yet as AF hasn't come back yet. Also I really want to feed her for the first 12 months so if this makes it even harder to get pregnant then there's no chance lol!! Maybe feeding & TTC wouldn't be such an issue for most but for all of us u guess it's a different story hey?? Anyway, hopefully we both get our natural miracles mate & same to everyone else on here who's wanting another Bub in the future xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digbyleigh View Post
    Anyway, hopefully we both get our natural miracles mate & same to everyone else on here who's wanting another Bub in the future xx
    Meee!!!!!!!!!!!! I want another bub in the near future!!! OMG did I just say that??? Dont think its gonna happen though but over the past couple of weeks Ive FINALLY got to the point where I can honestly say Im ready for #2. Freaky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want another Bubba