+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1351
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rach sad to hear of your scary news hope the scan shows the placenta is all gone xx

Wannabb congrats and welcome

Waiting bummer your little one is sick have a good prac!

Digby: yaaaaay Z!! Stoked that sleep is returning to your house I've found the same with wraps it's when he gets out that he wakes I have to spend a while doing them heaps securely with a big flannelette cotton wrap or he gets out n wakes himself up - but I have started rewrPping him in his cot n that usually sends hin back down. What swaddles r u using now? So happy to hear u r all getting sleep! Re the mil we had a run in with ours yest we told them to come at 2 then on the day she rings and says oh were coming at 4. Dh asks her to come earlier n she got all cranky and says well no were coming anyway, he explains why 2 is better (last time they came at 4 she played with him n he dint settle for his arvo sleep n that night was dreadful.) then she spits it and says oh don't worry we just won't come then! Grrr I rang her back n made a lunch date for next week to make peace! We haven't made an app for sleep school cos o has had a better week for sleeping bit might still do day service to get his day sleeps sorted. The settling clinic reinforced what we were doing really. 
    Oh no not another ww already! We just had a bit of smooth sailing hey! Least we know it'll pass soon

Shy: hallelujah!! Stoked to hear sleep has returned  
    hi to everyone else! 
    Afm: well O has had a much better week night sleep wise going down at 8:30 or 9 till 1,2 or 3 and waking at 6 or 7 hopefully this trend sticks around for a bit! He is due for another ww soon tho so not counting any chooks yet! Have told work I'm Havin 5 years off yay (I think!!) also have booked tickets to magnetic island off Townsville. Had a lovely day in belair national park and joined the gym so been keeping busy Betta go put t on xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Please excuse my lack of personals. I find it hard to remember when on phone, and trying to catch up on do much while I have a little time is blowing my mind!! Lol

We are on the last bit of our holiday. Tomorrow we go to Zagreb, the capital as we fly out from there. We will spend 2 nights there, and mil will come with us to see us off. We have had a great time catching up with friends, a boat trip and lots of relaxing. However, we are all ready to come home.
    Spencer has exceeded our expectations travelling with us. He has slept in about 12 different locations with barely a problem. Sometimes a bit unsettled in his sleep, but we really can't complain! He has had a great tome getting to know his grand parents again, and they are back in australia in 4 weeks time anyway, so that will ne great.

Hope everyone is feeling better and doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

J had a great birthday yesterday, I still can't believe he's 9 already!!!! Just quickly as I'm painting J's room this week, have to get it done in 5 days. Then DH and I are off to the Barrossa for the weekend, can't wait.
    Sam has a smelly surprise waiting for me............

Rach - all the best for tomorrow.
    Waiting - Have a great time on your prac, hope you're feeling better.

Photo shoot went good, I felt like an idiot, couldn't relax. Have to wait awhile for the finished outcome, as she wants to use a new program or something. Poohwee, must go....................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Rach....i'm so so so sorry i forgot to include you in my last post a few days ago! sorry you've had such a rough trot with your body/health issues! Hope it all clears up quickly and that there aren't any major hiccups to deal with. big hugs to you! when is your ultrasound again? hope you're ok! How's little M going?

Kiwi....glad the shoot went well! i'm sure you were fine! we're having our first proper family shoot on the weekend. i'm so gutted that we didn't do it when C was newborn. in fact, i thought we were probably going to do it when we had the very first set of C done but seems it just ended up being of C so now we're finally getting us done together but at least he'll be able to look and smile! Dont you love those morning stinky presents?! C leaves us one every single morning when he wakes. lovely greetings!

Digby....looks like the christening went well! nice work! how did you go with MIL wanting to hold Z? glad to hear the sleep is still going well!

Winzy...good on you for choosing 5 years! hope you enjoy being a SAHM! i'm not sure i could've done 5 years. i didn't even last 1 year! lol. but i had no choice but to come to work to pay the bills! hope you have a lovely holiday!! sounds like you're getting some good sleep too!

LM....interesting to know about the 8wks=8hours, 10wks=10hours, 12wks=12hours for sleep! how on earth do you make that happen?! lol. but then i dont know, i'm a bit skeptical cos they throw it out of whack when they get sick or teething anyway. who knows. i think we've managed to escape a feed anywhere between 11pm to 6.30am for a while so fingers crossed that keeps up until he either gets sick or teething pain. with the controlled crying do you go in at say 5 minute intervals or something or do you just let them cry til they stop without going in? C woke up this morning earlier than we expected and he cried but then 5mins later he was back to sleep so that was good. we didn't even get up, i think i just wanted to see if he'll go back to sleep!

MG....sounds like you're having a blast! nice work!

MA....glad to hear from you! hope H gets better! I can't wait to start house hunting! been looking online for a while but i shouldnt do that cos then i find houses i want to look at that are within our price range but i know we can't do it until the house is ready for sale! silly me!

Waiting.....how are you feeling? getting better! gonna miss you while you're away!

Gotta finish up quickly! C now sleeping on his tummy and he's fine. he sleeps just like me! we even watched him for a little bit lastnight cos he was so cute to watch. he mustved sensed we were there, lifted his head, looked at us then plonked it back to down to sleep! lol. we had a good laugh it was too cute. something i would do exactly!
    Weekend wasn't too bad. got a good cleaning and painting session done on saturday and then unfortunately saturday night my nanna passed away. Mum and I were with her at the time. she has been in a nursing home for the last 9 years and has been alert when we've gone to visit her (just not able to speak tho) and then saturday she had a minor stroke and went downhill from there. wasn't going to make the night so mum and i stayed with her at the nursing home and watched her go. that was an interesting experience for sure! she was born at midnight on 1 Oct and died shortly after midnight on saturday. she was 85. so funeral will be this week. the last of our grandparents to go. mums and only child so i feel even sadder for her that she's now lost both her folks. they're in peace so all is good.
    Anyway, hope you all had a lovely weekend!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa - sorry to hear of you GM passing with teh CC the day and nights are different. With day sleeps you pop them down but can tend to them for the first 5 minutes only, so if they spit the dummy you can put it back in, you can talk to them - tell them its sleep time, reposition them if needed but no patting, rocking, sushing etc and after 5 minutes thats it - cold turkey - you then leave for 45 minutes (so one sleep cycle). They will either go to sleep or still be screaming at the end of it so you just get them up - then when they next show tired signs you repeat etc. If they wake form a nap you are supposed to leave them for 20mins before going in - if they are going to settle back into sleep they will usually do it before 20mins - hence the 20min policy. For night sleeps you go cold turkey - no going in at all, not even for 5 minutes - this is if you can gurantee there is nothing wrong -like if your instinct tells you that they are full, comfy, clean nappy etc you just leave them go - first night mine did an hour or crying, second night 20 mins third night and up till now not a peep - it really works i love him!!!! if you need any other info let me know - he gave me pages and pages

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa : sorry to hear about your grandma

Rach : Good luck babe I hope the scan shows that you have recovered .

LM: thanks for Dr symons details all booked in this thursday i think mini c maybe having nightmares as I am unable to put him back in his cot after he wakes crying he falls straight back asleep in my arms i go near his bed wawawawawawawa

mG : sounds like you are having a fantastic holiday

kiwi : you would of looked beautiful in your photo's

we are doing well except for lack of sleep Mini Cooper is jusr adorable love him to bits .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lm: I have a quick question I have a friend who wants to go to a sleep dr what are dr symons details?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi winzy - he practices from kensington park family practice and also the salisbury family clinic too. kensingtons details are 84 shipsters rd, kensington park, ph 8332 4077 - man, he should be giving me a cut i reckon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never done it but I thought cc worked when u go in first time after 2 mins then next time it gets a bit longer?? So you basically build up to a longer time (not sure what though). I think that is what my mums group person did. Must just be a few different methods I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think there are several different ways to do CC - he either does cold turkey (not going in at all) or doing 15 minutes, then 20, then 25 and so on. My kids responded well to cold turkey, i tried the going in thing but that made them worse and scream louder whereas cold turkey they got over it really fast. Just for the record- i hate CC, and i bawled along with them, but getting up 9+ times per night and still having to be happy enthusiastic mummy for max during the day was taking a toll - pure exhaustion. Never thought i would have to do it but im glad i bit the bullet and did!