+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 136 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    WAHOO MG!!!!! Great news, so happy for you.

Digby - MIL'S........................

All packed, drinking a nice glass of wine to calm me......................

I'll check in while away, take care all.
    Last edited by kiwigemini; 12-04-2011 at 17:07. Reason: spelling mistake due to drinking my wine too fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG I said it on the other thread as well. Congratulations & Wahoo!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely fabulous news MG!! so very very happy for you and your family!! Hope you have a smooth and stress-free pregnancy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG - Congratulations! Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy!! Such wonderful news.
    Kiwi - All the best for your trip! Hope you all travel safe and your kiddies are easy going on the flight! Have a fantastic time!
    LM - hope you and your newly completed family are going along great! Can not wait to hear all your updates and life as a family with twins!!
    A BIG hello to everyone else, hope you are all well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG......congratulations that's fantastic news!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LM: Great to hear that you are home and that all is going well! Enjoy this special family time together How is Max coping?
    WH: Sorry to hear about your family troubles I hope they can forgive and make amends… Hugs to you stuck in the middle, it’s awful when that stuff happens. Im sure they will work it out in the end and I really hope your nieces surgery goes well xxx
    Digby: Sorry to hear about your confusing results that would be annoying. Sometimes its just better if the sonographer doesn’t say anything then we don’t have to obsess about it!! I don’t know the answer to your question sorry m’dear . I would say that its still a bit early yet to confirm either way as from the reading I have been doing the plaenta can still move up even after this point in the pregnancy so try not to read too much into it until your next scan. Great that bubs is growing rapidly (I reckon mine is too! Im HUGE! But check up not for another 2 weeks) Wow it does sound like you need to be pretty assertive with your inlaws. Maybe you or better still your DH could give your MIL some reading to do so she feels included (but that might also have some subtle messages in there for her!) Praps a breastfeeding leaflet / book to read or something so she knows how important it is to you? And maybe a leaflet on ‘how best to support new parents’? (If one exists) or how bout you give her a copy of the ‘keeping baby safe’ booklet from www.accc.gov.au maybe to avoid the bodgy 70s nursery gear? The other suggestion I have is to make a thing to hang on the door that says ‘welcome friends! Help with meals, washing, ironing, cleaning, shopping is APPRECIATED!’ and on the other side have ‘SHHHHH THANK YOU FOR VISITING Sorry, but baby and I are either sleeping, feeding or bathing. Please leave us a note’ I thought it was a pretty nifty idea it came in a book I got called ‘Baby Shopping Checklists.’ I do hope your in laws do give you some space but also work out how they can best help you.
    MG: Great news on the 7 week scan that is just fantastic! So awesome to see their little heartbeat and know that it is actually happening!!!!
    AFM: I made a video of bubby kicking and put it on youtube yay techno whizz winzy its my first ever attempt! Its called 32 weeks bubby kicking if you wanna see!! (Im such a dag!) Getting pretty darn exciting now I have 3 days left of work wow happy and sad… my year 6s were cute today got lots of hugs and some baby stuff Friday will be a bit sad I reckon cos Im not sure when Ill be back yet.. I am in handover mode at the moment so lending out all my resources and flashcards for the next teacher to use and finishing everything up… wow! Never thought this day would come

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG - woo hoo congratulations, im sooooooooo happy that your scan was perfect - made my day

Digby - no one comes in thsi house unless they have either food, a cooked meal, shopping or a bucket of cleaning products. My in laws were constantly offering to take max to 'help' or give me a break. I wants letting him outta my sight so we compromised and they used to come over to our house to cuddle max and brett and i hit the sack - that way i was still in the house and they got their fix too. They have been awesome this time around though, and drop food at our door without asking to come in as people coming and going really upsets max atm - hope you can work something out....This time we also put out a group sms explaining that while we appreciate people well wished etc we need time just 'us' - i just dont have time to either send messages or apologise when people get the poos when i dont reply - cover your bases i say! Neds middle name 'richard' is after my FIL not after Dr H - but a nice reminder of all he did for us in the years to come

Cant remember much of whats going on - sorry......All good here, max had his first cuddles today - it took a week but he is now on board and asks for 'ababelle' constantly - even gave her his beloved teddy. Not so keen on Ned as yet but hey - he is the competetion Having issues with feeding - BF is all good and milk is in in ample supply, however both babes get tired sucking and are using all the energy they take in to suck so neither has gained weight, Ned has dropped below the 10% loss of birth weight and if he still hasnt gained by friday he's going to be admitted. Makes for looooooong feeding sessions as each feed consists of boob feeding, then a comp feed of EBM, then settle babes, then express for the next feed, then wash and steralise all bottles/equipment for next session (4 hourly feeds) They wouldnt take avent, tommee tippee, medela, nuk bottles - nothing, so we have to use the prem disposable bottles - they cost $2.50 each x 12 per 24 hour period = a neat couple of hundred bucks a week..... Lucky they are so damn cute. anyways, max in bed and twinnies sleeping soundly so im getting a nap in before the next feed xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    WOOOOHOOOOO MG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! I had a feeling there was 1 happy bubba in there!!!

Kiwi - hope you had a good flight over, everything went well and you are enjoying time with family

Winzy - not long to go now till Mat leave!! Saw you video, wow gorgeous!! I could never get the video to pick up A moving in my belly, I tried many times!!! Made me remember just how much the belly morphs around, I forgot already!!

LM - was only just wondering how you are doing, good to hear from you! Wow i remember all the mammoth feeding sessions then EBM top up then pumping only to go and do it all gain about 2 hours later... to be doing it with 2 babies - youre wonderwoman!!! Good to hear you have great support around you. Hope those little bubbas start feeding properly soon
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 12-04-2011 at 22:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning All!

LM.....glad you have blocked visitors and are having some family time! good on you! you gave me goosebumps when you said about max and his cuddles! that's just very precious! Sounds like you are a super milk machine and superwoman!! I hope the babes put on weight so they dont have to be admitted. I was 4pd 8oz when i was born (i'm a twin) and that's 2.18kg (we did the conversion lastnight thanks to google)! she said i fit into a shoebox! oh my goodness, i was a wee one just like annabelle!

Winzy.....yay for 2 more days! so cute of your year 6s! you'll have to take bubs into the school but maybe when it's not flu season! . I saw your video! OMG! i could never get my belly moving on video!

Waiting....Well done on the swimming! it's amazing what you can do when you stop chatting!

Shy.....how are you going?? how's samuel? Was Torrens house helpful? Thanks for sending back the wraps, glad i could help!

Liv...if you're lurking........hope you and cooper are well.

Digby/Winzy/MG/MA/LM......anyone with new newborns or buns baking, let me give you one tip, STOCK UP ON BIBS! oh my goodness, i reckon we go through all our bibs in the one day! between dribbling when feeding, chucking, drooling and the new fun game of blowing raspberries, charlie goes through nearly all his bibs! I'm heading out tomorrow to buy more! so, yep, add 100 bibs to your list of needs for bubs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lady......my DH thought I may have an obsession with bibs as I have a drawer full so well & truley stocked up!! One thing I have remembered from when E was little was how many I went through in a day!

Lulusmum.....wow, your supermum that's for sure! I'm glad your getting lots of help & great idea on holding off on visitors for now. I didn't know you could even get disposable bottles, very expensive but I'm glad it's helping. Hope both N & A start to gain wait & won't have to be admitted to hospital xxxx

Winzy......thanks for all your tips regarding MIL. Yay for last couple of days before m/leave. I saw your video also. Very cool

Shy.....how did everything go at torrens house? I hope it's made a difference for the better in regards to settling S. How is your niece going also? I think of her often. It's sad someone so young has to have this happen to them. I really feel for her & all your family xxxx

Kiwi......hope the flight goes well & DD doesn't freak out about the flight & S sleeps well on the plane for you xx

Waiting.....how is your little niece? Did she end up having an operation?

AFM.....DD & I had some fun last night packing babies nappy bag for hospital. I let her help chose what to pack (with guidance) & she's also chosen babies coming home outfit! I've even gone through & put her "in charge" of bringing in anymore nappies,clothes,bibs etc if needed. I told her she would have more idea than DH so she feels pretty important
    When I gave her a kiss goodnight she thanked us both for giving her the gift of a baby sister. (nearly brought a tear to my eye). One good thing that has come out of this 4.5 year wait is the appreciation we all have for our miracle baby. Really does make you think it was worth the wait, rather than having it come so easy IYKWIM