+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 136 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1351
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've had four consecutive fantastic nights in a row now yipee!! Last night was the best, gave Z her last feed at 9pm followed by a top up of express via syringe (approx 70mls) then she was asleep by 10pm. DH & I waited until 11pm before we hit the hay, we wanted to make sure she slept past the 45min cycle. Hope it wasn't a fluke but for the first time ever she didn't wake up or stir once. I went to bed feeling confident she'd sleep at least until 5am BUT to our surprise she slept until 7am
    We will keep this routine happening for a little while longer, and gradually make her last feed and bedtime earlier until we eventually make it 7pm last feed then straight to bed. I'm finding the trick is keeping to a strict routine during the day, making sure she gets eneough sleep. I'll have to keep my eye on her Sunday at her christening lunch. I'll let family have cuddles in her playtime then the minute she shows signs of tiredness straight in the pram. MIL won't be happy but too bloody bad, she's not the one who will have to put up with an overtired baby in the evening that won't sleep. Zahli is also loving her swaddles & so are we

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good job Z!!! Hope she keeps it up.

Waiting, hope the good health fairy visits soon. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Waiting....hope you feel better soon and that the travel wasn't too bad for you over the last few days! bugger about the chest infection! may the sickness monster leave you very soon!! Hope A and DH getting better too!

Kiwi....how did your modelling session go? hope the kidlets are all better!

Livvy and Wannab....hope both of you are going well with your pregnancies! Livvy are you close now to the 19week scan? can't wait to find out what you're baking in in there if you're going to find out!

LM....how are you and the kidlets? glad the sleep dr has helped you and that the CC is working! Hope they continue with some good sleeping for you!

Digby.....yay yay yay for Z sleeping well! nice work!! you must feel so refreshed! we often get maybe 7 hours, sometimes 6, sometimes 8. depends on the night. Hope she keeps it up for you!

Shy....how are you and S? is his sleep still improving?

MG....hope your holiday is going well!

Hi to the rest of you who i've missed. sorry mind gone blank on where people are up to! I can't see much with this stupid new reply system.

Up until now C has been sleeping in a loose (to give him room) safe sleeper. this morning i found he had moved it around the cot and he had got himself on the side and starting to roll over....so he's obviously telling me he wants to roll in his sleep and maybe sleep on his tummy. i've been dreading this day. so tonight he's not in the safe sleeper and he's currently sleeping on his side at last check. so i'm going to stay up for a good few hours just to monitor him. i've been dreading this day. he's been doing well with his sleeps. goes down between 6.30-7pm, will wake for a feed anywhere between 9.30-11pm and then sleep til 6.30-7pm and will wake up with a stinky present and just chatting away to himself. so cute.

House painting going ok. can't wait for it to all be over. i think we're half way through but man this mess is driving me nuts! i can't handle it. Cant wait til we're in a position to be able to look at houses and be able to put a offer in (not ready for a few months).

Anyway, best be off and keep cleaning! donating a heap of stuff to the salvos tomorrow and throwing a heap of stuff out too. getting the garage clear and sheds cleaned and move some more stuff to the shed so we can keep painting! fun fun fun!

Hope you're all well and have a great weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hiya

Lisa - nice work on the painting, will have to try and pop round this weekend to grab my stuff at your place. Sounds like C is ready to get himself in to his own comfy sleeping positions, get ready to find him sleeping like a contortionist in all sorts of strange positions, theres days I look at A and think "how the hell can that be comfy??!!"

Kiwi....how did your modelling session go?

Livvy and Wannab....hope you both are doing well and the M/S isnt treating you too badly!

Digby - awesome that Z is sleeping!

Country - Hope you are enjoying babygazing

AFM - A was doing better the today while I was at uni went really downhill again, when I picked her up from MILs she was inconsolable, lethargic (had slept a lot during the day) and her temp through the roof. Rushed her up to one of the medical centres apparently she now has a ripper of an ear infection so its a new dose of antibiotics for her too.... She was doing better by bed time and her temp had come down but was still sooooo tired poor little monkey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting...poor A hope she's better soon, ear infections are horrible.

Lady....I used to stress heaps when E was C's age, I'd be constantly putting her on her back and she'd keep going on her belly in her sleep. Waiting is right though,at his age they do seem to get themselves in all sorts if weird positions. Maybe you could have a chat about it to the CAYHS nurse or your GP, just for your own reassurance that he will be ok. After all the sleepless nights I had with E due to my worrying I think that's what I'll do this time if need be.

Ed...when do you go to sleep school?hope O is being a good boy at night for you. Such cute pics you posted of him on f/bk yesterday.

Shy....how's S going? I hope the good sleeps are continuing.

Lulusmum...I'm glad the controlled crying is working. I can't believe CAYHS don't recommend it anymore. I did it with E for a while and it worked a treat. I will do it also for Z if required when shes a bit older. What age does Dr S reccomend to start?

MG.....your holiday sounds awesome!!

Livvy....I'm with lady can't wait to find out what your having. I'm going to start the bets rolling and guess blue x two.

Rach....how are you and the girls going. I hope your getting eneough sleep.

Mummyagain.....I'm determined to get Z to the point of sleeping 12 hours at night also. At what age was C when he started sleeping a 12 hour stretch?

Kiwi......how are the kids going? All settled back for term 3. I can't believe where already past the halfway mark. E will be in highschool next year yikes!!! I want the year to slow down!!

AFM.....we had another fab night with Z. The strict day routine is paying off. She slept from 10pm-3.15am, then back asleep at 4am-8.50am and I've just put her back to sleep at 10.30am, hopefully she'll sleep for a good 2 hours. Have to go pickup her christening cake tomorrow. Apart from that all ready for her big day
    I'll post a picture of her in the christening gown on f/bk. The gown is getting quite old like me lol!! It's been worn by all the grankids as well as myself and my brother & sister as babies. It's gone a tad yellow but mum said she's reluctant to wash it again as it's getting quite old in fear of it falling apart lol!!
    Well, best get in the shower while Z gets some Zzzzz's. Have a lovely weekend guys xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    waiting - oh poor A - my nephew has an ear infection at the moment and he has puss dripping out of it - its gross and must be soooooooo painful. Bring on summer to get rid of all the bugs i say!!

digby - im not sure what age to do it from, he said that to get maximum benefit from his program the mother is supposed to attend appointments before bub is even born, like at 36 weeks of pregnancy to get a rolling start (his words) He gurantees an 8 week old to sleep 8 hours, 10 weeks 10 hours, and 12 weeks 12 hours. So far we have seen MASSIVE improvement. Last night both went down at 6pm, fed at 11pm, ned fed again at 3am, then they both fed at 6am and straight back down till 8:45am - not a whimper from them all night, just a whinge to let us know they were hungry. On his advice we were told to stop the dream feed to see if they can last without it, but both have been waking between 10-11pm and drain a 180ml bottle each so as of tonight im re-introducing that feed and seeing if we can go through to 3am or thereabouts. TBH i dont mind getting up once per baby per night anyway. good luck tmrw, i'll be hanging for some piccies

Lisa - you must be getting excited about moving -any decisions made on area or building yet? You must be exhausted working all week then doing house things on the weekend - hope C is giveing you some peace at night xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like another wander week is on the horizon!! Z has been grumpy all day & feeding 2 hourly, & waking after 45 mins instead of her usual 2 hour blocks of day sleep! At least I have more idea of how to get through it this time lol!! Great timing also with her christening tomorrow, hopefully she won't be the baby screaming in church lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    Yes I do still hover...

LM - great work on cc. I've never had to do it TG but seems to have good results from what I hear!

Digby - C started going thru to 7am when we were in QLD at about 2.5 mths. I freaked when I found it was 7am and woke him for a bottle. So maybe head to qld ha!! But sounds like things are heading in the right direction for Z so well done to you (or Z?). Now we mostly go down at 8pm I then give him a bottle around 9:30 to 10pm (he's still sort of asleep) then he stirs around 7am but happy just chatting away then gets a bit grumpy at 8am for bottle. Fantastic for us. Day sleeps are just little naps really generally 30min to 1 hour about 3 or 4 times a day.

Waiting - sorry u have been unwell and with all the travel - very sucky!

Kiwi - hope all is well with all the kidlets

Liv - how is mini C now?

Shy - sounds like great improvements with S sleeping which is fantastic!!

Rach - hope things are going well at home

Lisa - yes painting sucks but I love looking at houses - hope u can get started soon! Both Max (nephew) and H used to sleep on tummy with bum in the air! I learnt from Max the hard way not to move him in the middle of the night ;-) takes some getting used to I must say!

Livvy - I say a pink and blue!

Wanna - hope all going well for you

Winzy - well done on work decisions!! Hope O is being a good boy for you!

Now who have I forgotton??

AFM, excuse my absence on FB - not working on my phone so need to sort out at work (work phone) - lucky I am in IT dept so can do a dodgy if they have blocked FB - ha! All good here except H has colic last night - bugger. Went to dr today so all prepared with meds tonight if need be! Poor munchkin. Trying to keep him away from C but dr said babies don't tend to get it so all good. Ahhhh - banana fritters from hubby just arrived so I am off... Bye

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fritters were yummy! Digby - at 5am this morning when giving C a bottle I thought it was remiss of me to mention above routine was just most of the time now but we do still have relapses. Sometimes I have to do a bottle anywhere from 3am but he then goes back to sleep after that. Just wanted to be clear he's not the perfect baby ALL the time ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Opps not colic it was croupe (sp?) H had but on the mend now! C unaffected so that is good.