+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 136 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1351
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ok I have finally had time to read back

Lisa: it is a really personal decision only one that you can make and we all have our own thoughts and feelings about our decision and that I guess can be taken as a judgement when you you are feeling alot of emotion about being back at work I can understand why you are wanting to move as your house is quite small I have a close friend who works in real estate and she was saying at the moment it is the worse time to see but the best time to buy so it may be worth waiting for a while as you want to get the best price for your house.

Waiting : I hope you enjoyed your prac.

LM : I love to renovate I bet you can not wait to do it.

Kiwi : how are you going ?

Livvy : I hope you are starting to enjoy your pregnancy and not stressing as much ? I brought all my goods from baby junction Michelle was fantastic we have a boori cot and I am so Glad that we got it.

MA : yay see you on tuesday

MG : I hope you are having a wonderful holiday

asfm : we are doing ok Mini C has been quite sick and has only started to turn the corner on Wednesday when he started astmaha sp???? medication he has now lost a little bit of weight but still in the healthy range he is very tall at 73cm I am scared how tall he will be but he is just such a happy boy the separation anxiety is in full swing has to be around me all the time and I am the only one that can put him to bed and get him up in the morning otherwise he cracks it is very cute .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning!

Digby.....big hugs mate! I really really really hope she starts sleeping for you soon! sounds like you need your mum there every night! . How did she go in her own room the other night? did you try that? Sorry to hear that DH doesn't get much of a chance to help settle Z for you. I couldn't have done it without DH. Does Z settle much with E in the early evening?? Bring on sleep school! hope it helps you!

Liv....sorry to hear you've got troubles with seperation anxiety with mini C. He's a mummys boy! . Is it definete that C has asthma?? Hope he's ok. It definetely is a buyers market at the mo. Our house wont be on market til maybe mid-late september...maybe even october but not before september anyway. the sooner the better for me as soon as it's a good time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh! I knew there was a reason i wanted to write this morning!

What's the best way to feed bub in the evening when you dont have much time? We only have about 10mins to prepare bubs dinner when we get home in the evening before he cracks it. That's why i always have a freezer full of food. At the moment he gets spoon fed lumpy food. He does have finger food for his morning and avo tea snacks at childcare so he's at the fingerfood stage but i'm not sure finger food for dinner would be enough to fill him up? what age did you give up lumpy food and go full time finger food?
    I can prepare some vegetable finger foods and keep them in the freezer but i'm not sure when i need to give him full finger food meal for dinner or how long i can keep going with lumpy food - lumpy food is the easiest cos i can have a freezer full ready!

which reminds me......this weekend is time for another big cook up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Digby - hope you get some sleep soon

Liv - Good to hear C is on the mend, hope his asthma isnt to severe and can be easily managed

Lisa - I used to feed A lumpy food first to get her over the "Mum Im starving Im gonna die" meltdown, then give her some finger foods in her highchair to keep her entertained while I was cooking. That way I knew she got enough to eat but still got to practice eating her finger foods.

Well Im back from the S/East, very overwhelmed its been a crazy week! Had uni yesterday and OMG is all I can say. The amount of work we have been set over the next few weeks on top of our pracs (plus applying for jobs) is just insane, everyone is freaking out! So needless to say I wont be at the catch up next Tues as its my only A-free day and I need to spend it studying.

Gotta go DH is home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby, you have to ring CAYHS nurse Monday and tell her to get a referral in for Toreens Hoise. What you're going thru is terribly unhealthy for your emotional/mental state. Tell her you'll still do day service but it can take some weeks to get into TH and if you end up solving it thru day service you can always say no when they offer a spot. Geez I know how u feel and I wish I'd gone to TH sooner. Hugs.

BBL just got home from Barossa so tired and have an overtired DS finally asleep after 30 mins of settling!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liv - yes - very excited - ive never renovated before, always had new houses or ones that didnt need work so im excited to finally do something to my specs instead of living with what was already here!

Lisa - you can freeze finger foods that arent just vegies. Depends on how messy you mind them getting...Max loved finger food so we had to think of thinsg pretty quick that were filling and could be picked up with his hands- let me know if you want me to post a list of food that covers all bases and fills them up!

Waiting - you must be exhausted - if you wnat to drop lexi round for a few hours next week let me know i'd be glad to have her (so would max)

digby - sorry - i hope she sleeps soon xx it really sux when they dont x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting.....wow you sound like you've got some work on your plate! you poor thing! it will all be over soon!! hang in there! get it done and then time to celebrate! thanks for your suggestion on the food too!

LM....thanks....would love the recipes for the freezable finger foods! Enjoy renovating!!

Shy....hope you had a lovely time in the barossa! we're BIG fans of the barossa!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to my lovely SIL I've finally caught up on some sleep & got some great advice also. Between my mum,SIL who have both slept overnight & my sister who takes E to school for me in the mornings & my dad who takes E to hiphop Thurs giving me one less after school activity run around I feel very lucky & blessed to have such a supportive family. I actually lost it a bit yesterday with all the sleep dep & bottling up all my feelings towards my inlaws I actually has a bit of a temper tantrum,got EVERYTHING off my chest to DH & umm...kicked the hallway wall & left a hole (yikes) not like me at all, I'm such a neat freak & very fussy with my house so very out of character but I can laugh about it now & I'm actually glad I finally got all my feelings out (ESP about the inlaws)
    I'm following a very strict routine now with the sleep,feed,play & keeping her feeds to 3-3.5 hourly & as the night goes on if & only if required make it 2 hourly but nothing less. We think she may be suffering some colic in the evenings due to the constant feeding when she's most likely full & it's giving her a belly ache. So that mixed with an alert bubba in the evening who fights bedtime where hoping the strict routine of feeds will help. We've also set up the baby monitor in her room & will keep her in there. Sleep school is on the 8th so we will assess how the week goes & if things dont get better I will ask to go to TH. I would rather be proactive now while she's still quite young (2 months old today) then regret it later when she's a bit older. I've also gone back to expressing after feeds to up my supply as I think my milk was diminishing due to lack of sleep & feeling run down. If tonights a bad night my mum will come sleep tomorrow night to help me out. Like I said earlier I'm very lucky. DH is getting better with her also but it isn't possible for him to help at night as he needs his sleep so his alert for his job which could be life threatening if not on the ball.

Sorry for no personals, just typing on my phone whilst Z's on the boob. I've booked Fellinis for Tuesday & asked for a highchair for S if Kiwi makes it & I've told them there will be approx 5 or 6 prams one of which is double so hopefully there will be plenty of room. I'm hoping I get a good sleep mon night & not having another crappy night of still settling until the ridiculous hours of Tuesday morn. If I look like total shot when I rock up tuesday you'll all know why lol!! When I went to the last catchup which was with the other ad thread that's what happened!! Looking forward to finally meeting you all.
    Hope everyones had a lovely weekend. Gorgeous weather

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy.....just wanted to say an extra big thankyou to you for all your support & advice. I definatly can't keep going on having her awake until ridiculous hours of the morning, so I'm now feeling much more positive that if TH is what it takes then so be it. I really hope things improve for yourself also. S looked very cute also on your f/bk pics. Looks like you had a great break

Thanks
    Reviews
    Country: Congratulations on the arrival of little Callan love the name Hope you recover quickly and are loving being in awe of your perfect little man!
    LM: I believe I have your sling I will bring it along are you coming Tuesday?
    Lisa: Hard decision for you to make there too! Sucks how we have to juggle and balance and prioritise.
    Rach: So glad to hear M is home! How wonderful Best wishes as she settles into your home
    Shy: Looks like you had a wonderful time at theBarossa what a lovely idea. Id love to get away for a bit with our lil fam, pity you cant make catch up will have to catch up down south soon!
    Digby: Perhaps ring the ABA counsellors about safe co-sleeping. Every meeting I go to someone raves about how it saved their sleep. Most of the ladies there all co-slept. I know I am too scared to try it but if it will allow you to get some sleep and there is a safe way to do it perhaps check it out? Did you try putting Z in her room in the bassinette? Anyway its not like I have any of the answers O still has a long ways to go in the sleep department too.
    AFM: Thanks to everyone for all of your advice about work – you helped me realise that I probably wont want to go back to full time work for quite a while and Im not even sure that I will want to when Owen is back at school. So I think Ill ask for 5 years parenting and then say Ill do relief and contract work prior to that time. Or for 3 years parenting then go back part time, but thats only if I can elongate teh leave if I decide I dont want to go back yet. I think! He hasn’t rung back yet so everytime the phone rings I have a little freak out! O is going average in the sleep dept but has been even more unsettled this week. He had one golden night of 10 – 4 – 8 after the injections but then was back to his 10 – 1 – 4 – 8 routine. He has also started getting his hand out and waking himself up about a half to an hour before a feed and grizzling which means a bit of resettling too so I m feeling pretty tired. Got him in a velcro wrap from pumpkin patch we'll see how that goes tonight. Have been BUSY doing all sorts of mum things like catch ups, walks, lunches out, mums group, ABA meetings and still getting visitors pop in with gifts for the lil man. Still need to do my thank yous and hes 8 weeks old how embarrassing! Anyway I must go to sleep he’s been in bed for 40 mins now so I prob have a window of 2 – 3 hours to get some sleep before the next feed. How many feeds were you all doing at 8 weeks? I don’t really know if he needs a feed each time he wakes or a resettle so have started to try resettling and when that doesn’t work anymore get the bb out! Looking forward to the catch up on Tuesday