+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 136 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Wink Adelaide - IVF to baby bumps and babies #5

Hi girls! Sorry have been AWOL! Our computer is stuffed so just waiting for it to be fixed. Typing left handed on phone while feeding ATM so a bit slow!

Lady, we moved S into the big boy cot in our room about 4 weeks ago cos he was uncomfortable. First night in it slept 7 hours!

Winzy, good work on the bargains. I enjoyed the expo too, I went on Friday and Saturday! I only went Saturday to listen to the settling for 0-4 month olds. I wonder if u were sitting next to me in front row???!!!!!

Will be back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa : Cooper has been in his cot for about 8 weeks and sleeps so much better than before as for your question on solids we stopped it as soon as we were told to he does not seem to miss it at all he is quite happy just on formula .

Shy: good to hear from you it sounds like S is sleeping alot better for you which must make you feel like a new women.

sorry guys just a quick post today I will get back on when Mini C is asleep tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry again! Having all kinds of daytime sleeping issues with S, he still hasn't slept today since 6.20am, he's exhausted! And cranky! We r off to Torrens House this coming week for help on day sleeps... We just went and bought a cot with wheels as he needs to be rocked, another expense we didn't need but hoping we will need it for bubs #2 anyway! Prob making a rod for our own backs but you do these things for sleep!!!

Anyway, Lisa your mums group sounds like gun love the photo in the spa! I have popped your wrap me ups in mail, apologies for the delay.

MG, so so happy for you! My guess is 2!!!

Kiwi, yay for S sleeping all night! Sorry to hear of travel nightmares. Hopefully all will work out. How is your grandpa?

LM, can't believe you are so close now, how exciting!! Can't wait to see what they are I'm voting one of each! Sorry to hear about B. I'm having dH troubles too! Grrr men!

Waiting, so sorry to hear you're sick.
    Hopefully you can rest soon.

Liv, so glad to hear C js better for you. He must be feeling so good now.

Rach, glad to hear your scan went well.

Digby, thanks for asking after me. Glad to hear DD hot home in a good mood!

Anyway must get back to settling S, ho hum!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Shy1;5710865]Sorry again! Having all kinds of daytime sleeping issues with S, he still hasn't slept today since 6.20am, he's exhausted! And cranky! We r off to Torrens House this coming week for help on day sleeps... We just went and bought a cot with wheels as he needs to be rocked, another expense we didn't need but hoping we will need it for bubs #2 anyway! Prob making a rod for our own backs but you do these things for sleep!

Hun we were the same with G! She took ages to have good day sleeps! The things you do huh! I found that letting her cry when she first got tired and then picking her up fir a cuddle worked a bit! But she's only just started having about 3 hrs in the day! That's not in one block either! It's all trial and error! What works for some won't work for others! Have you looked into save our sleep routines? We dont follow the book but I found that the times she specifies for sleep and awake time is pretty spot on with how bubs is feeling ie: for g's age she gets tired at 9-930 after waking at 630-7.. We use that as a guide! Just to get your head around some kind of routine! Hope you find something that works! It can be very frustrating! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy: ha! I would have been there too! I am getting that ladies book n DVD it sounds like a good method. Did u learn anything useful? I asked about whether patting was okay We were in the third row. I hope you r having more luck settling s and that torrens house works xoxo

Afm: 2 weeks of work left yee har! cleaned the bathroom today with face mask and safety goggles lol it's an interesting exercise trying to scrub the bathroom with a massive belly! Went to a very yummy restaurant last night saltbush at aldinga beach definitely recommended. 9 weeks to go till bubs comes getting excited about meeting him / her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy, lol I heard you ask that question! The video is ok. U can borrow mine if u like, I think her method is good but it hasn't worked for Samuel, prob need to start right from birth! My little munchkin doesn't like change! I spoke with her for ages on the Friday and also Saturday morn before the talk which is why she was late! She told me to go torrens house for a break from stuff in my life!

Thanks for recommending saltbush always nice to hear of a restaurant down this way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Peachy, I have read SOS and haven't stuck strictly to it but have tried with timings. Today S had one 40 min nap in 12 hours he was knackered by late arvo as was I!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - Samuel sounds like all 3 of my babies with the daytime sleeps. It's very tiring. Because mine slept well at night, everyone thought I had it easy, NOT. 1 45min break in 12hrs with an overtired baby is not a very nice way to spend the day. BUT, all of them went on to have proper naps. When most babies had a morning and arvo nap, mine did a mid day one. Sam will usually sleep 2-3 hrs now and has done since around 9mths. I know you have a lot of other stuff going on and I really hope Torrens house can help, even if it is just a break.

LM - SUNDAY!!!!!!!! I imagine you are experiencing a whirlwind of emotions at the moment. Trust me it is very normal. Before the arrival of J & S I was an emotional mess, up one moment down the next all caused by a huge array of emotions, good & not so good. Hang in their hun, those precious babes will be in your arms in no time.

Waiting - I hope you and A are feeling better.

Hi everyone else.

S is going to the Dr today, he is waking all through the night and clingy and grizzly all day and not sleeping well during the day too. One very tired mummy. He has a runny nose and is a bit off his food so want to get it checked out incase he has another ear infection. First I have an appt at WCH (not looking forward to that). J has a haircut after school and I need to go to TTP as well, so a busy day ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My post says 7.15am, I wish! That means I wasn't up at 5am. I hope everyone else's babies have adjusted to DLS better than S has.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I am so exhausted today S has been up and down all night and I feel like crap! I don't know if it's daylight savings or something else but he wakes up, seems to want a feed but then falls asleep, back to bed then cycle starts again 45-60 mins later. I put him in bed with me for a while this am and of course he slept but I didn't for fear of rolling on him!

Question:
    When did you ladies stop wrapping your babes and what did you use instead? I have a feeling he's sick of being wrapped but he hates the wrap me ups and woombies now, and cos he's only 13 weeks old. I'm not sure he has enough arm control re startle reflex. And what do you do in this weather re warmth? So many things to consider!
    Last edited by Shy1; 04-04-2011 at 08:52.