Closed Thread
Page 82 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kellijh, is there any reason you went off metformin? From what I have read metformin and clomid together have the best chance of success

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies, girls! My OB gave me the impression that he'll only let us go ahead and DTD if there is one Follicle only. Is that unusual, or unwise?

There's so much waiting around with TTC.. boring, right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, another clomid newbie here!
    I've been stalking the ttc threads since the beginning of the year. I was sure I would be UTD in no time at all and if I started posting I would jinx myself and not get pregnant

Time to start something new because whatever I have been doing the last 8months hasn't been working! I just started my first round of clomid this month, only 25mg.

alimez, my ob is the same, he wants to check I don't have a heap of follicles before he gives us the go-ahead to dtd so that we don't end up with multiples. My scan is on Thursday. I'm afraid I will O before my scan though as I have a very short cycle.

And yup, I am so bored of ttc! Fingers crossed this will work for all of us x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh cool, another newbie! I felt the same too about posting in the ttc boards. I fell pregnant with my son right after being diagnosed with PCO that I thought it might happen again. I quickly realised it wasn't and here I am.

I wonder if he'd let us go ahead and DTD with two follies? I mean, who's to say that they'll both take? Maybe he'll let us decide? I guess I'm getting ahead of myself-- I don't even know if it'll make me ovulate yet!

I hope everyone gets their BFP this month!! Wouldn't it be great if the world worked perfectly and those who wanted a baby could just get pregnant straight away...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can imagine my ob will let me decide if there is 2 follies, he just joked about there being 4 ready to go in which case he will tell me to cross my legs! When is your scan alimez?

Chook - I love your idea of keeping a list of where everyone is at, I am reading through and trying to get to know everyone's stories but it may take me some time for me to work everything out.

My clomid dose is so low that I am not even sure what to expect this first time. I do usually O on my own but I have a problem with my luteal phase so we're hoping the clomid will produce a better quality O. I'm hoping the clomid plus fattening myself up a little & cutting back on exercise will do the trick. I can feel my ovaries talking to me which isn't usual for me CD8... so something's happening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB joked with me too, about scanning to make sure that there aren't 5 there waiting to go. He did make it clear that twins was not a positive outcome. He seemed rather strict about it. My scan is in the afternoon on Monday the 15th.. I can't wait! My fingers are crossed for your scan on Thursday! Sounds like this could be it for you .

It is hard isn't it, coming in when people seem to know each other so well already. I must sound like I'm talking about myself a lot, but I'm waiting for others to chime in so I can get to know them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alimez For This Useful Post:

mashedveg  (10-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All new girls please feel free to post away, your not butting in or anything you are all welcome to share and advise others...oh and complain lol.

Good luck with your scans girls, i had 3 large follies and a 4th catching up and the scan dr told me not to dtd..but my fs said it was fine as in my case it is unlikely to happen and it didnt. On clomid i produce more than one follie everytime now, but on lower doses i dont O.

Purple tulip for the TWW, i hope this is your month.

AFM.....not much happening atm im having nigly O pain im cd 13 so ive still got a bit to go before O. We will see if it happens with no clomid this month, i dont hold much hope it will prob turn into a cyst. I have also hit the 1 year mark on clomid so im pretty bummed with the whole thing.

NEW fs app next week im hoping he has a new plan for me.

Babydust and to all my lovelies and my new lovelies joining us on this difficult but soooooo worth it journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh, I hope you don't get a cyst bubbanails! I've heard those can be quite painful.

Are you saying that even though you have follies there you don't usually O on lower doses of Clomid? What about a trigger shot?

Fingers crossed for your appointment next week-- maybe ask about Femara. A girl I know in the US failed to O on Clomid and she did within two cycles on Femara (with a HCG trigger shot). She welcomed her gorgeous son two weeks ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to all the newbies

Feel free to post away!! The support you get on here is amazing!

Best of luck and .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome newbies!!

Its lovely to see you've joined our thread although i hope your stay is a short one!

Always feel comfortable to post whatever you like in here! Questions, comments, suggestions are always welcome!! Its a great thread and i hope you find it as helpful and de-stressing as i have. Always feel safe in the knowledge that your posts are treated with respect and no question is ever too 'dumb' (you should read back through some of mine!! lol)!!

Also, alot of FS' will recommend that if you have any more than 2 mature follies that you dont DTD due to a risk of multiples. I guess it depends on if you want to risk it or not! But i guess we do pay our FS' for their opinions - although sometimes they are a little difficult to want to accept!

Elly - i dont really know why i stopped taking the metformin. Perhaps a part of me thought that caused my early m/c back on cycle one. But i'll be back onboard from the start of my next cycle!

AFM - I'm not over half way through my TWW and have my bloods on Monday to see if it worked and i'm utd!! Over the last day or so i've had no realy symptoms - only the odd twinge and cramp here and there. They are similar to AF but at the same time, do feel a little different so i cant tell.

Good luck with your cycles girls - hope to see some BFP's in here very soon!!

xo