Closed Thread
Page 76 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh that really sucks, elly and bubba.

I went for a scan today cd10 and there was no growing follies so i am really upset about that. took clomid days 5-9
    However, she has put me back on the clomid for the next 5 days and has up'ed the dosage to 100mg a day.(gosh i was bad on 50mg) lucky partner is still out fishing lol

Question - Has anyone else had this happen, where you take a larger dose straight after your last one failed and not even waiting till next month?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Elly and bubba Sorry to hear it was not your month.
    Bubba enjoy the month off relax and u just never know. Thats when i fell preg with my little man when i had stopped taking clomid. It must have given my body the boost it needed.

Foxy never heard of that happening, maybe cause u didnt O. Not sure sounds weird and i thought u needed to have started a period before taking clomid. Hope this works for u

AFM well as i dont know exact day of O I'm either 12 DPO or CD32. I have had sore boobs but no signs of preg. When do u do home preg test? If not preg then AF will and is due anytime! I'm not to hopeful as it was a bad month and didnt really get to see DP much at all.

Maybe when I see FS I should ask bout scans that u guys have? Can someone explain what, why and when all the scans happen?

Have a good night all

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dell For This Useful Post:

bubbanails  (30-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wrote a massive post earlier today and then pressed the back button on the mouse and deleted it all......such a spaz!!!!!

just a quicky now.

Funky, I read on another thread your results from the scan. I would seriously speak to your FS about triggering. When I was on OI with FSH/HCG any more than 2 mature follies and 2 smaller ones they cancelled the cycle not just cos of the risk of multiples but also OHSS.
    The main thing is your safety. Really exciting that you have responded so well to the clomid I'm just worried for you hun. Maybe they need to consider lowering your clomid dose too.

Sorry if it's not all woo hoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Back again... This time my new FS was really nice- never mentioned my weight at all- said it could be ALOT worse!!!!!! Phew!!

Good news Is he gave me clomid.. so I'm all revved up ready for my first one tomorro!!!!

I'm a bit confused thou coz I never get my period and he is starting me straight on clomid without inducing Af??? He said I didn't need to and that a negative hcg blood test was enough to start treatment???
    Also I am only on 25mg for first cycle, if no bfb then I take 50mg next cycle.. And I don't go back to him for 10 weeks.. So extremely unmonitored!!! I feel very alone doing all this without his guidance :/

I'm also taking 1500mg metformin for my insulin resistance...
    Any advice or reassurance very welcome!!!!!!!

Thanks ladies & mega baby dust to all!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I am currently on CD8 and have been taking 50mg Clomid since CD5. To-date no side effects at all. I have been taking the tablet with dinner at around 7.30pm and luckily it seems all good. My last tablet it tonight. Does anyone know how long after you take your last tablet should you ovulate? I want to make sure we get enough DTD in before I O and plenty around it also??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Foxxy-

I've only done one clomid cycle so far...I did get a BPF however sadly I did m/c. But to answer your question....I was on 25mg....nothing happened so I had it increased to 50mg...all in the same cycle, didnt have to wait for AF before I had it increased. I did ovulate on 50mg. I think, as long as you don't get AF, you can have it increased all in the one cycle.

TeeTee- Oh how exciting for you hun. I was also on 25mg for my first cycle....and got bumped to 50mg. If you are concerned, perhaps you should express your thoughts to your FS. Good luck with it all!

Dell- I had several scans throughout my cycle....mainly to see how I was responding to the clomid and to ensure that only one follicle developed.....for me it is far to dangerous to even think about twins. I guess it is up to your fs to decide if scans are needed or not. Good luck hun.

So so sorry elly and bubba. My thoughts are with you both.

AFM-well my bleeding has stopped...hoping the m/c is over and I can take two. I have a scan next week to make sure everything has cleared out and bt too. If all is fine, my DP and I can start our journey again.

Hello to everybody else and I hope you are all enjoying your weekend girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tee Tee...welcome back im glad you have found a new fs and he has you on the right track Some like to bring on af others dont it depends...i guess if your no Oing the clomid will jump start your cycle and hopefully trigger your o. You should ask for more tests if you thin you need them especially day 21 progesterone tests to see if yo are oing. Keep us posted.

STC...Glad to here you have no side affects like so many of us ladies do .
    Clomid works by triggering you brain to release the correct hormones that make you O....so i depends on your cycle....do you know your O day...im a cd 19 Oer others here who also take clomid are cd 10ers. I would ask your fs for monitoring on your first rounds to pinpoint your O day, with US and bloods.

Good luck girls i hope your stay here is a short one !

Funky i agree with chook...your no 1 here and we so desperately want you to have your take home bubba. Let us know how you go...mwah

AFM....CD 4 today...taking a relaxed approach and have decided to take a month off clomid and wait till my NEW fs app on the 18th aug. Which would now make it over a year on clomid. So i hope the new fs can bring in some good news and a plan of some sorts. I also im the midst of finding out whats wrong with my joints to....1st they said its lupus, then RA, now the say graves disease but i have hypothyroidism so that doesnt make sense...my doctor has out me on med for that and took more blood and im booked in for 2 mri scans on my wrist and knee to check for arthritis ! I have also booked in to a weight clinic on the 15th aug...so something + has to come of august !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubba - sorry about the additional health woes you are facing. And I just had a very positive experience with a new FS so I hope you have the same experience come 18 August!

Tinkers - hope you can get back in the game soon

TeeTee - If you are not being monitored, you can call him and ask for blood tests and an U/S each month and tell him you want to make sure it is working. If he doesn't, I strongly recommend measuring your temps, I was mostly unmonitored while on clomid and measuring my temps and seeing the right pattern before AF showed gave me so much reasurance that I was at least O'ing. But you need an U/S during at least one cycle to make sure your lining is getting thick enough for a bub to stick, otherwise you can waste clomid cycles even if you are O'ing.

Foxxy - hope the higher dose brings the goods

AFM: Well, my clomid journey is over. FS appt was very good, very happy with her. It was very relaxed and she even chowed down on a sandwich while we were with her because she was too busy to go out for lunch ! She asked me after getting details "what do you want to do?" I just said "whatever will work". She told me IVF will give me the best chance, as my ovaries are sitting so close together she seemed to wonder if eggs were even getting to the tubes properly. She also assured me that she monitors clients very closely so I won't have the same experience I had with the last FS. She also didn't dismiss the shoulder pain I get every month and said my endometriosis may be growing on my diaphram and causing the pain I get with AF, it shouldn't affect my fertility and pregnancy would actually help treat it. She said the appt was more like 2 in 1 as we knew what we wanted. She asked me where I was in my cycle (AF started today), so she took blood from both me and DH, gave me the pill to take from CD4-17, and a nasal spray to start on CD16, before having blood taken again. I have to call them tomorrow to tell them that AF did fall on the day I gave her and I am going to be guided every step. I start injections some time after using the nasal spray and she even wrote down projected dates for different procedures. Straight into action, just the way I wanted but didn't think would happen!

to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bubba, tinkers & ellymoe for your advice!!! I will def ask for the day 21 blood test - is this the one that tells you if u have O'd??? I will also attempt opk's & temping..

Ellymoe that's GREAT that ur appt went so well!!! She seems on the ball and I hope very much that you will get your BFP very soon!!!

Afm- I have taken my 2nd clomid tablet today.. And have my first side effect - my nipples are burning.. They are red and if anything glides over them it feels like sandpaper!!! At least something is happening right??

Good luck to everyone for this week ahead!!!!!!!! Let's get some more bfp's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all!

I am nervously waiting for AF to come this week ( probably on my birthday) so I can start my clomid! I am a bigger girl and I was finally referred to a FS who is lovely!!! Hopefully I get good results!

Kate

Thanks for sharing all your stories!