Closed Thread
Page 72 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I'm new to the thread, and new to taking Clomid. I was hoping that those of you who've been taking Clomid for a while now might be able to answer some questions for me.
    Firstly, what sort of side effects have you encountered, and when did you notice them?
    And secondly, if you did encounter side effects, did they persist for the length of your cycle? Or only during the days that you were taking Clomid?

I'm only two days into my first 50mg cycle, and I'm already a hot mess (so to speak). Headaches and nausea, and just not really feeling myself. I know that whenever I've taken OCP previously, the hormones have had a dramatic effect on me, so I think I might be a bit of a delicate little snowflake when it comes to hormonal reactions.

Thank you so much in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Bubba,

I am 9DPO according to FF, and waiting to see how it goes, without holding out much hope since I've had zero success so far. I have an appt on Friday with a new FS, I plan to use a FR to test on that morning, if by chance I did end up UTD I would still go to the appt as I am sure they would still be involved in the early stages? Also in case I mc I would want a FS involved so I wouldn't have to start over completely from scratch. I'm hoping this FS is better than my last one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck elly with your new FS.....hopefully you will be seeing him for pregnancy.

Welcome mellington......i hope the hot flushes arnt to much for you, i get them bad to, but cant handle it for a baby. I usually get them after i take my first tab untill just after i O.....so from cd 5 to cd 23....i did get a bit snappy and short tempered also, but that seems to have gone now the longer im on it.
    Feel free to ask away and share all you want with us...no doubt one of us has been there and can share your feelings.

AFM....i am one big emotional mess, cant stop crying. I have a headache today because i was crying last night Im just feeling hopeless with everything and to top it off i went to do some shopping yesterday for DD to go back to school, i went to pay and had no money in the bank....so i had to put back $100 worth food, i was so embarrassed started crying feel like an idiot. So we have no money till thursday no bread or milk, petrol, i asked my mum to help me out till thurs she said "NO" and i have no clients booked in this week ! So i dont know where the money went and im pretty peeved with the whole thing.

If you made it to the bottom and read the whole thing...thank you for listening to my winge...i just had to get it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubbba you poor thing. My DH is looking for work at the moment, he was doing contract work but now we need him to get something stable! So money has been tight, which stresses me out all the more considering I might have IVF soon and that costs big bucks. Normally you would probably have been able to handle that better or at least not got as distressed as you did but when something like that happens on top of ttc it makes it worse x 100. Hopefully things pick up for you soon. I had a jerk of a friend when I spoke about ttc who was like "just do IVF" because it worked for her aunt. Her aunt is rich, and she herself still lived in her parent's house even though she was over 30 and had plenty of disposable income, so she couldn't really relate to how hard it is having to pay a mortgage and make ends meet in general!

Thanks
    Reviews
    afternoon

bubba i so know how u feel. I had to give our last bit of money to DP today so he can go celebrate with his daughter for her confirmation, so we r out till thurs too....

My turn for a whinge, feeling down toay as DP is off with his 2 children for his daughters confirmation. So he is there spending time with the ex. (who i totally do not get along with...all her doing) I'm not allowed to be involved with the kids lives like that so im left sitting at home while he with her and them. It really gets u down when i have been with DP for 3 yrs and live with him and suppot his kids when they stay here blah blah blah. sorry for my whinge

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls,

Hi Mellington
    I also get really bad hot flushes all the time on clomid as well and i pretty much try to stay away from people for awhile cause i get snappy to.

bubbanails- I understand how you feel, I to had a ****ty month and i ever told a complaining customer to F**K off the other day at work and went out the back and bawled my eyes out for 45mins.(i felt a little better).

The faint positives i got, did not last long, i had bad cramping and than started bleeding 5 days ago so that was why i was so upset. (i really thought this was the time). and it does not help that my partner has changed jobs and has a month off in between and has gone fishing for 12days (i can't contact him either cause the phone does not work out at the reef) only satalite phone if i have an emergancy and i don't want to ruin his time away cause he works so hard.
    So i am back to square 1 this month, the doc told me i could start trying again straight away if i was up to it , so i started my clomid today cd5.I have my scan this fri to see if i have a mature follie. Here we go again.

Ohh funky- that witch is a b***h, i don't like her either i am only 1 day ahead of you so keep me posted on how you are going this month, i have a list of questions i want to ask my doc next time i see her- like am i wasting my time with this, cause i can't seem to hold onto a pregnancy after a certain point, 6 1/2 weeks is my longest.

Well thanks for reading
    to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mellington, welcome!!

Just started my 6th cycle of clomid (50 mg) and most of my symptoms relate to my emotional state. I am honestly a blubbering mess and can cry at the drop of a hat! And unfortunatelt this lasts for most of my cycle. I guess we're all different.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah Bubba, so sorry you're having such a hard time at the moment. This is the place for support, as well as the opportunity to whinge! At times, no one else seems to 'get' it apart from you lovely ladies.

Take care

9. The Following User Says Thank You to purpletulip For This Useful Post:

bubbanails  (24-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dell - that sounds hard. If his kids get along with you then what is the big deal with you being at those events? Even if you don't like someone you can be civil or at the very least just have nothing to do with them at those events, the ex sounds like a piece of work.

Mellington - I've found that I hardly get the symptoms now, I had lots of hot flushes the first couple of cycles, as well as some stomach probs and feeling faint, but now I feel fine so I hope you have a similar experience if you have a few cycles (hopefully not though )

Purpletulip - hope you feel better soon

Foxxy - Sorry to hear you are not having a good time of it at the moment. What industry do you work in that you get to tell customers to f*%$ off? Is there a job for me in your company ? There are some days I would like to let off some steam like that. I had a bit of a melt down a few weeks ago and for the life of me I can't remember why, I think it was just a build up of things. I also had one cycle I was sure was the one, my nipples felt weird and prickly and DH even thought they had changed colour, and he doesn't even know that is a sign. Even now I wonder if it was almost the right month. I hope things pick up for you soon.

AFM: 10DPO. No symptoms to get me excited. I had an odd dip in my chart 3DPO, not sure what that was about, and I have been high ever since. Hoping this will be the cycle so I can avoid IVF but I've accepted that is probably what is going to happen. Been having some twinges in the left side of my abdomen but not reading too much into that.

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope your Monday is going well.

I went back to the GP this morning (CD26) and got BT results. My progesterone at CD21 was only 1
    And my LH was quite high, but it's consistenly high all throughout my cycle because of PCOS and GP said OPK's will be useless for me because my LH is steadily high thru whole cycle, so I may not see a peak. So I definitely hadn't O'd by day 21 (which proves FF chart totally wrong! :P).

So I'm pretty confident that this cycle of Clomid has not worked and that my body is still being stubborn and refusing to 'O' so dissapointing, but explains why my temps and CM are so hard to track and see patterns in, was silly of me to think first round of Clomid would get me to 'O'.

I will be seeing the FS tomorrow arvo, see what his plan is from now I guess. Just has left me feeling pretty low, thinking about how long this process is going to take it's already over 12 months, but it could be years more to come, I feel I'll be too old by then, how do people find the strength and sanity to keep going for so long?