Closed Thread
Page 65 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
    miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    kellijh sorry to hear your news. hopefully round 3 will be the charm for you

AFM, just wondering if most ladies taking Clomid (with PCOS) need to or are having something also to 'trigger' ovulation? ie. clomid to grow the follie, then something else to make it "pop"? and if so what is that? are there different things? any "home remedies"?

and is this because most women with PCOS who take clomid, can grow follie's, but can't "pop" them?

I am a bit worried that I've been growing a follie or two (because of bloating and heaviness feeling, plus some localised pain / twinges, including a strong pain in one ovary when DTD), but I've been doing OPK's and getting faint/light lines, but no dark lines - so am thinking that any follie's have not and will not pop out the eggie

Can anyone provide some of their wonderful advice and wisdom?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funky & Miggins - thank you for your thoughts. I now have to stay positive for cycle 3!! At least i'm on a cd! so here we go again.

Miggins - I too have PCOS. I'm on Clomid and have o'd in both of my cycles. I've never been told to take anything else to make my follies pop. I assume they have tho as i've never been told any different! I know due to having a scan done this last cycle that i had 2 follies develop. Also, i was prescribed Metformin to try and help with weight loss. I'm not insulin resistant or anything, purely weight loss. I took it on cycle 1 when i got my bfp. Didnt take it this time and got a BFN. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not but will go back on it this cycle and see!!!

best of luck to you ladies!

FunKy~Mummy is offline If ya filled me with water I would leak. Vampires I tell you they are vampires
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    pick me pick me pick me!!!
    My follies do not pop and I end up with big follicular cysts around 5cm ones.
    Clomid on it own did work for 2 cycles then didn't.
    this cycle we added pregnyl, the trigger injection to boost my LH level and I popped an eggy this cycle I went and had a u/s on day 13 and I hada 23mm folli and no sign of my surge!!! so that is what we will be doing from now on!! good luck hunny!! xoxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi funky - how would i know if my follies didnt pop?? would they turn into cycts? Would i know?

FunKy~Mummy is offline If ya filled me with water I would leak. Vampires I tell you they are vampires
    Thanks
    Reviews
    you would know for a couple of reasons, one you wouldnt ovulate....and then having regular u/s until this cycle I have always had large follies that haven't popped its been so freaking frustrating

Thanks
    Reviews
    so your blood tests only show ovulation once they've popped?

all i know is that my blood tests said i o'd. scan confirmed it. but nothing ever been said about if they have gone on to pop!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies!!!

Congratulations Tinkers!!!!!! I soo thought you were. Good luck and hopefully you have a really great pregnancy!!

Sorry to hear that AF arrived Kellijh. That sucks but fingers crossed that next month will be it!

Miggins, I did not get positive OPKs on any of my cycles but I did ovulate cause I am UTD!! So don't lose hope you may have just missed your surge!

I hope everyone else is well and that we get some more positives in this thread next week!!!

AFM-I am doing ok. I actually saw the baby on Tuesday which was great! I did not get a picture yet though so when I do I will post one up!

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kellijh View Post
    so your blood tests only show ovulation once they've popped?

all i know is that my blood tests said i o'd. scan confirmed it. but nothing ever been said about if they have gone on to pop!
    By 'pop' I mean that the follie releases the egg (ie. Ovulate). As with the nature of PCOS we get follie's that start to develop, but never mature and release the egg ("pop") - hence the ovaries ending up with multiple cysts all over them.

I'm also on Metformin - FS prescribed it because of the PCOS. I had hoped it may help to make it a bit easier to lose some weight, but has not done anything in that department Has it helped you lose any weight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FunKy~Mummy View Post
    pick me pick me pick me!!!
    My follies do not pop and I end up with big follicular cysts around 5cm ones.
    Clomid on it own did work for 2 cycles then didn't.
    this cycle we added pregnyl, the trigger injection to boost my LH level and I popped an eggy this cycle I went and had a u/s on day 13 and I hada 23mm folli and no sign of my surge!!! so that is what we will be doing from now on!! good luck hunny!! xoxoxoxo
    5cm!!!! that's huge! was that painful at all? any symptoms of this?

Congrat's on popping the eggie! hope to hear good news soon

I am just going to have to try not to go crazy over the next couple of weeks until I can find out what's happened this cycle from the FS appt. If he doesn't suggest it, I'm also going to ask for some more monitoring!! I can't stand not knowing if the basics are all going as planned... or not! we don't have time to waste just trying to get me to ovulate!!!! just do it already!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 3 5cm cysts that didn't pop uncomfy yes but not too painful and my FS still let me have the clomid as I just have a history of cysts lol so we just kept going but now adding the pregnyl I definately ovulated which means the egg popped out of the folli and now I am 10DPO and have no idea of whats going to happen next lol