Closed Thread
Page 21 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi chicks

Man life is so busy lately, I need hubby to go back to work next week and let things settle down. Havent been on for a while but have been thinking of you all hoping for good news.

There's way to many personals to do so will just cover a couple.

Funky, hope your mum is treating you well while youre helping with her recovery.

Clap your hands, I posted on page 14 about clomid not working for me for DD1 and went onto injectables as I didnt O regardless of clomid dose. The difference is clomid only tells your brain that your not producing enough of a hormone to stimulate your ovaries. Injectables actually put the hormone into your body. Some people are not responsive to clomid therapy. You can ask for a scan to follow the course and if your body is responding and maturing a follie then you can get a trigger shot to try and force O. Your FS should do tests prior to starting injectables to ensure your tubes are clear. Happy to discuss more if you want to just pm me.

Ellymoe, sorry AF arrived, mine did too today bugger. Hope we can all get better results this month.

Kelli, did a little reading. Here's an excerpt for you....
    Most often after a miscarriage or D&C your bleeding will taper off to spotting within 7-10 days, and maybe random spotting will continue for another week. Your hCG will drop steadily, usually hitting zero during the end of the spotting, or about 10 days after the miscarriage or D&C. Some women find they have mild pregnancy symptoms, or little ovulation cramps. Many many women think they could be pregnant, because strange things are happening and their period is "late" (although almost every post-miscarriage period is late.) These symptoms are due to the body's attempts to regulate its hormones again. It may kick into gear right away, and you will get a new period in 4-5 weeks, or it may struggle a bit, and the period will not come for up to 8 weeks.

Less often, your bleeding tapers off quickly, but with some spotting. You think it is over. Perhaps a week or even two will pass, and you begin to wait for your period. Then suddenly, it begins again. Strong cramping, heavy bleeding, and pain. You hope it is just your period, but it is not. (You must not bleed at all for about 20 days for it to be a real period, otherwise you have not gone through the hormone chain properly.) Usually within a few days, it does stop, and you are just spotting again. Here is what likely happened - some tissue was missed during your D&C or natural miscarriage. A bit of placenta clung to the wall of the uterus. It continued to draw a little blood, and the body continued to create very small amounts of pregnancy hormone. Eventually the body realized no baby was there and turned loose of this last bit of tissue. The miscarriage process begins again. Only now will your levels drop to zero and a new cycle begin. You cannot expect a normal period any sooner than 4 weeks from this, and up to 7 weeks could still be normal. Your total wait time from original miscarriage to first period can creep up to 9-10 weeks and still be normal.

You should continue to have your hCG levels monitored to make sure they are dropping steadily
    and coming back down to zero., you likely will pass heavier blood and tissue with this last episode and when it will be done. If not, and you do continue spotting afterwards, a medication called Cytotec might be ordered by your doctor to help the body in cramping to push out any remaining tissue.

hope this helps in some way. A D&C may be needed to get your HCG back to normal.

AFM, AF arrived today. Spoke to FS during the week, he said O was borderline so was waiting to see if it came cos was getting BFN's. Have discussed u/s monitoring this month so will speak to him Monday and gear up for another fun filled month on the rollercoaster. DD1 was a trooper with her surgery last week, is back at school just not at sport yet and can't eat anything acidic yet. So proud of her.

Big hugs to those who need it. Fingers crossed to those waiting to O or are in the TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

How is everyone doing?

Well I saw my FS this morning to get my blood test results and guess what I O'd last month! I am so freaking excited that something has happened. Due to all the public holidays etc I haven't taken serophene this cycle but he is sending me for a blood test again on day 21 to see if I O by myself. Then it is back onto serophene (150mg) next cycle.

My DH is being deployed in July so we have spoken about my options for the 6 months that he will be gone. Just have to discuss with DH what we are going to do during that time.

Hope that you all are enjoying your weekend.
    Talk to you soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news you O'd aj, fingers crossed for next month.

Im off for my US at 8am tomorrow morning, it takes me an hour to get there so its going to be an early one. This US is to see of i have any follies ready to pop, i dont usually O untill cd 19-20, i told my fs this saying that it will be to early and he's like oh no that is leaving it late in a normal cycle....so we will see if there is anything to see in there, hopefully i wont have to go back for another like last time.

Chook thanx for the information it was an interesting read, hope all is well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ...I had my mid cycle US this morning, thinking they would find nothing as i dont usually O until cd19-20. Well i have 3 follies measuring 18.5, 17.5 and 15 all on my right O, so i have been advised to only protected sex....or we risk having triplets. So im still going for my day 21 prog test to see if they pop. I dont know anything about having triplets, its never crossed my mind but would hate the chance of not catching at least one egg.

Would you go for it anyway ? any opinions would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    AJ, great news you O'd, hope you can do it naturally this month. if not bring on the meds and get going again.

Wicked, awesome news about your follies. Personally I would still go for it. Yeah theres the risk of multiples but hey we all know there's also a chance 1 or more may not mature and pop too. Make the decision thats best for you and your family.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chook76 For This Useful Post:

bubbanails  (09-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies I haven't posted in here before but decided to join in im on round 2 clomid cycle hoping to conceive sooner then later as the mood swings are terrible my fs has also got me on amoxl for my cm hoping it will work. How many cycles have you all used clomid for before looking into other treatment? My Dr said usually 6months has anyone gone beyond 6 months and still ttc? I would love to here other peoples story's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tesh, glad you could join us......I have just completed my 7th round of clomid with 3 large follies ready to pop. I had a pregnancy on my 5th round of clomid but this ended in mc at 8 weeks. So im assuming, because i had to wait 3 months after my mc its ok to start back on the clomid. My fs has said because i did get preg on the clomid, we would try again at the same dose. So hopefully this is my month, so we will try to catch one of those eggys.

I have the really moody days and really sad days, extreme hot flushes all from the clomid, and i hate it but figure it will all be worth it in the end !

Good luck my sweets, i hope you dont stay hear long

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Tesh. I have had 3 rounds of clomid and my side effects really have fluctuated. Teary, sad and quite grumpy. I thought this past cycle was going to be ok, but from about day 10 I was a mess .

Hope your stay here is short 

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to you wickednails that is great news the clomid is working for you, Im 3rd time using clomid and have conceived when stopping it after 4 rounds both times its weird twice first time with identical twins sadly a loss at 22wks and 2nd time which sadly ended in a ms dec 10 and now 5months after my d&c another try I do ovulate some months on my own but seem to have some problem conceiving. It is worth it in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by purpletulip View Post
    Welcome Tesh. I have had 3 rounds of clomid and my side effects really have fluctuated. Teary, sad and quite grumpy. I thought this past cycle was going to be ok, but from about day 10 I was a mess .

Hope your stay here is short 
    Good luck to you also purpletulip im on day 11 and feeling up and down all over the place its hard to stay focussed my DH thinks I should stop the clomid because of the mood swings but its not that easy if it helps while ttc with problems any way stay positive and extra luck for everyone.