Closed Thread
Page 176 of 200 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1993
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rach85 View Post
    Ok I'm fuming. When I called they said the results meant I ovulated day 15. Which is the exact opposite of what I was told Friday! BLEEEEP!

I asked if the progesterone was low and the lady would not answer me just said the dr said you o'd day 15. I said I didn't get a posi opk till cd19 and 20 and she just totally blew me off! Said no to progesterone support. She's just the receptionist! So rude! Treating me like I was irritating her.

Just makes no sense and I'm totally confused....
    Hi, sorry to hear your so confused. One would think this business of trying to make a baby would be as easy as just having a good ol fashioned shag but then we are faced with numbers and levels and cycle days I just thought I would add my 2 cents worth about progesterone support to hopefully make you feel better. Apart from being exceptionally expensive I have had lengthy discussions with my OB about it as we have sufferred 2 loses and I have low progesterone levels. His research based opinion was it would not aid conception as such and also does very little to prevent miscarriage it just will delay the inevitable. My OB was more than happy to prescribe it and I decided against it. Progesterone support is used in stimulated IVF cycles but again it does not help increase pregnancy rates apparantly. You probably know all of this already but I hope it makes you feel a little better. The lack of communication from your FS must be so frustrating I wish they and their staff could just understand we just want a few simple anwers - its not that hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    So I'm off to have my HSG test tomorrow but have just had a call from my FS who has said to have bloods tomorrow and we will be starting on injectables. She has said to start taking Provera to bring on a period? How long do I take the Provera before I should get a bleed? And the fsh injectables when do they start? I'm sure they will tell me it all tomorrow but I want to know now let's hope this brings on the big O for me!
    i take provera to bring on my period...i was told to take it for 5 days and then wait to get a period. i normally get my period anywhere between 3-6 days from the last day of taking provera. hope this helps 21andtrying, wish u all the best with the injectables

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks babydust27 fx this is it id love twins as well, because aparently its 20% more chance on FSH injections but id be more than happy for one. I just want to be able to ovulate!! Do you get any problems with provera? And can anyone tell me if tge symptoms are worse or the same with injections? So scared for my HSG tomorrow, read some terrible things. Hope everyone else is going well this round! Lots of baby dust and everything crossed for us all this round

Thanks
    Reviews
    No major symptoms, i had mild headaches.
    FX for u 21andtrying.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 21andtrying View Post
    Hi Happykat, yes it is a very big day hopefully thus works good luck though with the clomid! Are you taking 50mg or 100mg? As for your HSG, what do they say to tell you it's bad? I'm freaking out so much about it tomorrow!
    The process isn't so bad but one of my tubes is blocked and the other has very, very little spill out the end so it is almost fully blocked too. I had hoped for better results after my surgery to clear the blockages etc only 2 weeks ago. FX you get much better results. Let us know how it all goes

I am taking 50mg of clomid starting last night then I am off to fs next Friday (don't you love it when you have to go in on an ante-natal day!!!) to see how things are going. He is hoping he can trigger and make whatever use of that one tube whilst there is still some chance it is open.

Can anyone tell me about the triggering? How long after does it take to actually ovulate? I am a little worried because DH has been away and won't be back til next Friday or Saturday so I am really hoping it will take a few days til O or I might have to go to him lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    i got the results back from my day 21 bloods and on my blood test paperwork it has the normal ranges for a luteal phase so i'll post those too (i'll put them in ()).

FSH <2 (1-10)
    LH 2 (1-9)
    Oestradiol 1214 (180-840) (the dr said just a 'tad' high lol, which i have no idea what this means)
    Progesterone 41.7 (12.0-90)
    Prolactin 370 (<500)

dr said i ovulated well and good, i'm on my third cycle of clomid 50. and i've felt a hollow feeling in my stomach pretty much since o. it's like a combination of wanting to chuck and hungriness. been crampy and sooooooooooo moody. i got the results back from my gp and he said a couple times 'just destress' - your young, it will happen when you least expect it. i swear i could have just jumped outta the chair and left over his desk at that one.

cd 26 for me today out of a 28 day cycle. i've done a couple hpt's early this month and all bfn's. i dont really want to do another unless i'm late because i spent way too much on hpt's. altho i used one of my opk's and there was a slight line. but who knows what that means, it just filled my urge to poas!!! haha!

good luck ladies!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spinner, thats great! FX for you

CD1 for me - AF started this morning. So the progesterone increased my luteal phase from 6-8 days to 12 days very happy with that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spinner: ooh I'm excited! Sounds like good results to me

I'm cd 12 today and having NO symptoms at all since cd9 is that normal? I remember last cycle I was having aches in my left ovary around this time. Although I didn't ovulate last time I'm hoping that being different this cycle its a good thing!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies - so much to catch up on. I haven't been able to get online much these last few days.

Mrs Boyts - sorry to hear you had "one of those" weekends where it all hits the fan. I think we've all been there and we know it's crappy. Glad to hear you pulled through x Good luck with new FS, also!

Missmya - I didn't get symptoms until later on in the month, because I O'd really late. If you haven't been O-ing lately, maybe you are going to have a longer Follicular Phase, in which case you might O later than CD14... It does depend on your cycle history though. Are you using OPK? They might be helpful. I would start using them now (CD12) and continue until you see 2 x lines = O.

Rach - sounds like your FS is being a complete douche. Maybe its time for a new clinic? I know what you mean about the receptionists treating us like we are an irritation. It's really frustrating - I know exactly how you feel.If you are trying to boost prog levels in Luteal phase, have you tried taking Vitex and B6 every day after O? I am doing that this cycle and I have read very good things about it... Just a thought!

MyBabyBells - hopefully this is your lucky cycle. Fx for you! Interesting result that you achieved a longer Luteal Phase with Prog support: good on you! Also, well done convincing your FS to prescribe it for you!

Spinner - I know what you mean when they say "just relax, don't stress, it will happen". Makes you want to punch them in the face! Hang in there, hopefully this is your month. Let us know if you POAS again with HPT.

Happykat - once your trigger is taken, you will usually O 36-hours later. At least, that is what happens with IVF cycles anyway. What is the trigger you have been given?

AFM - just like Rach, my clinic and FS are giving me NOTHING at the moment. Went to see a new FS on Monday down at Westmead Fertility Centre which was great. Am considering doing IVF with them in the New Year. The new FS was great, he diagnosed me with PCOS which I kinda knew was the case, but it was a huge relief to hear it from a Doctor. I had a little tear, because no-one had actually given me a straight answer before now. More bloods etc from new FS so wait and see there.
    Rang my old clinic to talk about this Clomid cycle and tried to explain that my Day-21 bloods were going to be inaccurate as I didn't O until day 21. They then said: no you didn't O - these bloods don't look like mid-Luteal bloods. So I said again: I didn't O on CD14, I O'd on CD21 and can I please have some Progesterone support as my Luteal phase is so short, I am concerned I can't sustain an implantation as my Prog levels are too low. They said: that is up to the Doctor. We will discuss with her and get back to you on Wednesday. I haven't heard anything yet. It's really disappointing and frustrating: no-one takes us seriously and there never seems to be a sense of urgency around this stuff for the doctors, whereas we are losing time as each cycle passes us by...

Anyway - looking forward to some good news from some of you girlies on here soon. to everyone!
    Last edited by taralou; 16-11-2011 at 11:07.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to taralou For This Useful Post:

happykat  (16-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by taralou View Post
    Hi Ladies - so much to catch up on. I haven't been able to get online much these last few days.

Mrs Boyts - sorry to hear you had "one of those" weekends where it all hits the fan. I think we've all been there and we know it's crappy. Glad to hear you pulled through x Good luck with new FS, also!

Missmya - I didn't get symptoms until later on in the month, because I O'd really late. If you haven't been O-ing lately, maybe you are going to have a longer Follicular Phase, in which case you might O later than CD14... It does depend on your cycle history though. Are you using OPK? They might be helpful. I would start using them now (CD12) and continue until you see 2 x lines = O.

Rach - sounds like your FS is being a complete douche. Maybe its time for a new clinic? I know what you mean about the receptionists treating us like we are an irritation. It's really frustrating - I know exactly how you feel.If you are trying to boost prog levels in Luteal phase, have you tried taking Vitex and B6 every day after O? I am doing that this cycle and I have read very good things about it... Just a thought!

MyBabyBells - hopefully this is your lucky cycle. Fx for you! Interesting result that you achieved a longer Luteal Phase with Prog support: good on you! Also, well done convincing your FS to prescribe it for you!

Spinner - I know what you mean when they say "just relax, don't stress, it will happen". Makes you want to punch them in the face! Hang in there, hopefully this is your month. Let us know if you POAS again with HPT.

Happykat - once your trigger is taken, you will usually O 36-hours later. At least, that is what happens with IVF cycles anyway. What is the trigger you have been given?

AFM - just like Rach, my clinic and FS are giving me NOTHING at the moment. Went to see a new FS on Monday down at Westmead Fertility Centre which was great. Am considering doing IVF with them in the New Year. The new FS was great, he diagnosed me with PCOS which I kinda knew was the case, but it was a huge relief to hear it from a Doctor. I had a little tear, because no-one had actually given me a straight answer before now. More bloods etc from new FS so wait and see there.
    Rang my old clinic to talk about this Clomid cycle and tried to explain that my Day-21 bloods were going to be inaccurate as I didn't O until day 21. They then said: no you didn't O - these bloods don't look like mid-Luteal bloods. So I said again: I didn't O on CD14, I O'd on CD21 and can I please have some Progesterone support as my Luteal phase is so short, I am concerned I can't sustain an implantation as my Prog levels are too low. They said: that is up to the Doctor. We will discuss with her and get back to you on Wednesday. I haven't heard anything yet. It's really disappointing and frustrating: no-one takes us seriously and there never seems to be a sense of urgency around this stuff for the doctors, whereas we are losing time as each cycle passes us by...

Anyway - looking forward to some good news from some of you girlies on here soon. to everyone!
    Omg I feel your pain! I'm so incredibly frustrated and upset- still! I wish I could change clinics- I drive an hour away to the only one near me! Other option is drive 3 hours to Sydney but I don't know if that's practicable when we both work full time....??? I like the dr when I see him face to face but the receptionist is a b1tch and I don't think he answers the questions I leave with her well and when we try and clarify we get the same as you do 'the doctor said...' . Like we don't know our own bodies. The treat us like bleepwits I feel like telling them I only need them to order tests and tell me the results and write prescriptions! I definitely don't get much info from them. If I do ivf I'm going to go to westmead or rpa.

ARRRGGGHHHH! With any luck we will both get a bfp and not have to deal with them anymore....

Fx xox