Closed Thread
Page 146 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1993
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Beckybabe that is fantastic!!!!!
    So u fell pregnant on ur 2nd month?? Wow congrats on ur BFP... Did u test early or got ur BFP after Af was due???
    I CANNOT wait until sat so I can put myself out of my misery!!!!!

Hmmm my FS has never told me to fast for my day 21 bloods... Oops
    I had brekky about 5 mins before my blood test so lucky the result was so high!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Whoops!!! I never fast the pathologist told me to eat before otherwise you faint

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh thank goodness! Hopefully it is fine..... Ive read conflicting things on the net....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach - I wouldn't stress too much noone that I've spoken to has fasted before the test.. If it was to affect the reading that much then everyone would have to fast.. Good luck for your results.....

Well i know it's early (12dpo) but I have bought a few frer tests so I will start testing today, tomorro and Sat..
    I did one this morning and a very very faint second line came up!!!!
    It can't be seen from arms length but both me and DH could see it when held closer... I don't know what an evaporate line is so I'm really hoping it's not that!!!!! Ooo I can't wait to test tomorro morning!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow - this thread really moves along quickly! Everyone has so much news... I've been reading along but haven't had a chance to respond before now.

Missmya - I am really sorry to hear that things went pear shaped for you this month. I know how frustrating it can be when you are really geared up for a great cycle and then your body lets you down and won't co-operate. I had a similar experience on an IVF cycle earlier this year, so I really do know how you feel. Looking at the positives, at least you are now on the Metformin which will improve your overall chances of success in subsequent cycles so hang in there.

BeckyBabe - I am so happy for you and your BFP - you are an inspiration and proof that a couple of cycles on this wonder drug might be all it takes for some of us to get that elusive BFP. Fingers crossed for a sticky!

Chook - fingers crossed this is your lucky month, too. Sounds like that follie you have is looking good. Hope the TWW doesn't drive you too mad!

It sounds like a lot of you ladies are progressing well through your cycles, too. Hoping for more great news on this thread from y'all in the next little while!

Reading through everyone's posts and updates, I am a bit confused about something. I am wondering why some of us are told to have U/S and take a trigger while others just get the Clomid and then have day-21 bloods. Does anyone know the rationale to this? I imagine it varies depending on your FS but I wonder if there is a higher success rate for ladies with a trigger... My FS is very "hands off" and I hardly ever see her so I am wondering if she has forgotten to prescribe the trigger to me. I actually have one in the fridge from a cancelled IVF cycle back in January so maybe I ought to get an U/S done and trigger myself... Hmmm - any thoughts?

AFM: nothing too exciting to report. Still on Primolut to bring on AF. Taking the last one tomorrow so hoping for AF over the weekend. That's when I get to start my Clomid - YAY! Am planning on taking it days 2-6... I've counted the dates and booked a holiday for my birthday and our wedding anniversary which will co-incide with my cycle days 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16 so the timing couldn't be better. It's our 8th wedding anniversary so a BFP after all these years would just be fabulous!

Anyway, to all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach, no stress over the not fasting. I've done over 20cycles of clomid over the years now and have never fasted or been told to. I've never had a result thats proved to be inaccurate to the point of a false result.

teehee, how exciting. hope the frer shows 2 nice bold lines for you when you retest.

taralou, I've had successful cycles with and without the trigger. I can develop a nice follie but sometimes not pop them with a good progesterone reading. While ttc my last pg that ended in m/c, I was O'ing but no BFP even with well timed BD. As soon as we included the trigger I fell pg. So have continued this cycle with the trigger as it seems to help my f'ed up body do its job.
    I rarely see my FS too. It's all done over the phone which also means there are no fees to pay the FS. I would prob give this cycle a go just with the clomid and if you O but no BFP then ask your FS for a scan and self trigger. CAn I ask why your IVF cycle was cancelled? Awesome that you achieved a natural BFP sorry about the m/c.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chook - thanks for the tips. I will see how this cycle goes and take it from there. I agree that not seeing FS saves money and to be honest, I am getting everything I need from the nurses at the clinic anyway. I am still a patient of an IVF clinic theoretically (even though not doing an actual IVF cycle), so the nurses are very knowledgable and helpful.

To answer your question, the reason my IVF cycle was cancelled was quite a story. I actually had gone to the FS asking for Clomid but she wouldn't prescribe it until she was certain my tubes were patent. I hadn't been getting AF so didn't know where I was at in my cycle and so couldn't have the HSG which she wanted me to have. I didn't want to go under for a laparoscopy, so she said my only option was IVF. In hindsight, I think this was a bit of an extreme approach, but anyway I went along with it.

I was on a full stim cycle and everything was tracking along well. After the Synarel spray I had a massive amount of uncontrollable bleeding and reported this to the clinic. They thought it was due to the fact that my cycles had been really irregular and the meds were bringing on a long and overdue bleed... Not the case, but didn't realise at the time. It happened at work and it was a terrible experience - destroyed my clothes, left me shaking and weak - awful.

Got to the point where I was having U/S done to determine the right day for EPU when the sonographer discovered something odd inside the uterus while performing the U/S. At first they thought it was a polyp but after bloods and more testing they discovered it was what was left after an incomplete M/C. They couldn't explain how it had managed to get there whilst I was on all the IVF meds and how they missed it when I started the cycle. Also couldn't explain how I managed to conveive naturally after all these years of trying with no luck... It was possibly a blighted ovum but they can't be sure... So I had to have a D&C and while I was under they did a laparoscopy and found that my tubes were indeed patent. The whole experience left me feeling quite jaded so I went off and spent most of this year on acupuncture and naturopath treatment - got frustrated and decided to climb back on the "Western medicine" bandwagon and here we are!

Sorry for the long post, but I think we can all learn things from each other's stories so hoping that is the case here...

Tee hee - for you, hon! Good luck!!

Rach - hope your bloods are all good. I just checked my Day-21 pathology request and no mention of fasting either so hopefully all is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

TeeTee - that sounds very promising, fx it darkens for you tomorrow!

A couple of questions please ladies. First of all I am having my CD12 blood test on Tuesday checking a few things, but mostly my eostrogen levels which will tell them if i am going to ovulate. She did tell me what levels are 'good' but i've forgotten, does anyone know?

Also yesterday I started feeling very sore in my muscles, weak, and a very sore neck/glands. This isnt clomid related is it??

Thanks, and to all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    taralou, wow you've been thru the wringer!!! I agree that IVF was en extreme measure. A simple blood test would have told you where you were in your cycle. Then provera to bring on AF in theory would have been able to get you to the HSG. Of course I don't know you or your circumstances so I could be speaking crapola too.
    You must have been both overwhelmed and devestated finding out you had been pg. What a horrible experience you must have had with the bleeding. Was this likely to be the initial m/c do you think? Thankyou for sharing your story. Feel free to not answer my questions, I just find it intriging.
    My FS will do 3 cycles of clomid with O achieved before doing a HSG. He tried to be minimally invasive. With DD1 I did 6 clomid cycles and didn't O at all then had the HSG and went on to injectables.

Mybabybells, I think I posted an answer to a similar question recently. Sorry can't remember it off hand. I don't get the numbers when I get my results only good or bad. I'm sure someone in here can help. Otherwise I'll google it tonight after the kids go to bed for you. Sounds more like a virus rather than clomid side effects unfortunately. Good luck with the bloods.

Made sure I jumped on DH last night...poor thing. Will do the same tonight and then tomorrow I should be in my TWW. Must go order some pg tests.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chook76 For This Useful Post:

taralou  (20-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a question girls what is this 'Trigger' some people are referrring to?? My FS is very hands off as well only telling me to take clomid days 2-6 no u/s only bloods day 21.

My first round of clomid had bloods on day 21 with levels of 52.5 however no BFP. My FS just said we will continue tests however hopefully in the meantime I will fall pregnant. My next cycle started and FS didn't specify if I should take next round of clomid and as it was long weekend I couldn't ask so I did. So I am now on my second cycle of clomid cd19 getting bloods on Saturday for day 21. This second round I have none of the symptions I had in the first cycle just some hot flushes over night and a bit emotional. Did OPK's and pretty sure it was positive last Sunday on cd15. I had a wedding that night and I got pretty drunk (didn't realise I drank so much) and was very sick the next day. I hope this hasn't affected this cycle. Can anyone tell me if this is likely to cause me any problems??